ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   High School Reunions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159527)

crazycoffey 03-09-2007 09:45 AM

I came from a small town, the people that go home for Thanksgiving every year go to one of the few town bars and you can catch up with a lot of people you know, but weren't in your class. It's more for my wife, she grew up with these people, I only visited the small town during the summer and moved there my Senior year.

I missed the 10 year because it was right after 9/11 and that was when I was still in the army reserves and on the SWAT team, so we were always busy jumping through hoops, in some form or fashion. Didn't have a day off for five months, made some good overtime, but anyway, I digress.

I follow some of the thoughts about if I really cared about them I wouldn't need to wait for the reunions, but I feel they are more like a right of passage event. See how everyone turned out, maybe make a new friend that you otherwise would have lumped into the "don't care about them" pile.

Great perspective on how you are living in some cases and also could be good cheap therapy to see the High School star jock/bully got the karma treatment he/she may have deserved.

P.S. - I went to five High Schools in four years, so I probably fit into your "less popular" list.

sedated 03-09-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
:rolleyes: Nice sweeping generalization.

women always generalize

crazycoffey 03-09-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
:rolleyes: Nice sweeping generalization.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
women always generalize

Yeah, when they should just be sweeping!

Skip Towne 03-09-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

women always generalize

Nice generalization.

Sure-Oz 03-09-2007 10:09 AM

I should get a note for my 10 year, it will be kinda cool to go to i think. I was a tweaner in HS, everyone knew me and stuff but i wasnt popular or nerdy, ok well i was still nerdy but ya haha. It would be good to see old friends and how theyve changed, i def. have. i still look like im in hs though haha

Frosty 03-09-2007 10:22 AM

I would probably fit your "less popular" category, as most of my friends in high school were from neighboring towns and the place I worked. I went to my 20th, as I heard that was the one that the cliques disappear and people tend to be friendlier. That didn't turn out to be true in my case.

It was an interesting experience to see how people turned out and I did catch up with a few friends, but, overall, I would say the whole experience was "meh". :shake: Probably worth doing once but won't go to any more (my 25th is this summer).

Stewie 03-09-2007 10:27 AM

I went to my 10 and 20 yr. reunions and glad I did. I was not in the "popular" crowd, but did play sports, so I was interested in what everyone was up to.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 10:28 AM

I had a blast at my last reunion. I'll be going to my 25th.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 10:28 AM

The only reason I'd go to one of these things is to nail some chick I lusted after in high school....so, odds are low.

Phobia 03-09-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
The only reason I'd go to one of these things is to nail some chick I lusted after in high school....so, odds are low.

Yes, they really are.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

I nailed all the girls I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that?
;)

Interesting dynamics:
A lot of the hotter babes in HS leveled off, and looked ok, but not great. Some of the girls I never noticed (sexually speaking) in HS looked hot, and some were extremely HOT (MILF-ish). I had some fun talking to that group.

I don't know how you can't have fun at these things. Then again, we didn't have a very cliquish class. We all (250 people) pretty much got along.

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
Yeah, when they should just be sweeping!

Quote:

women always generalize

Sorry, I didn't include you sexy, hot metrosexuals.
Next, time I'll include a caveat! http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbull...es/hehehmn.gif

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 10:44 AM

I nailed all hot guys with the coolest cars, that went to the best universities later, and now made big bucks, that I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that? ;)

Interesting dynamics:

Demonpenz 03-09-2007 10:46 AM

I got some mail about it. I guess there was a rumor that i was going to show up to the last one since I am a big deal and all, but my agent had a save the cheeta funraiser that night.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
I nailed all hot guys with the coolest cars, that went to the best universities later, and now made big bucks, that I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that? ;)

Interesting dynamics:

You receive NO credit for originality.