ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Random Thoughts on the Bengals Preseason Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285566)

Direckshun 08-08-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 10803235)
Ron Parker was horrid, and yet Sean Smith is still with the #2s. This has to end at some point, punishment or not.....

No talent in the WR core at all, unless Albert Wilson explodes like Keenan Allen last year. Remember, it's the Chiefs, so this would be similar to the Apocalypse occurring.

The DL looked awful the whole game, constantly getting blown off the ball in the run-game, and not much in the way of pass-rush on non-blitzes.

OL looked decent at times, but then looked bad at times. RBs looked fantastic. Kelce runs like a WR.

Other than that, I'll need another game to see what else we have.

I wouldn't worry about Parker starting. It's obvious the Chiefs will demote him when the regular season comes.

I thought some players on the DL looked pretty solid. Allen Bailey and Poe played very well in limited time.

King_Chief_Fan 08-08-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803191)
Chase received what I thought was strong blocking, but has such poor pocket presence (and/or is incapable of seeing over them) that he waltzed himself into at least two of the sacks he took.

Bray's performance was frustratingly neutered -- the Chiefs ran 80% of the time when he was in.

justifiably so in my opinion. did not demonstrate much in the way of field/pocket presence either and has no sense of time. I did like the one throw though

gblowfish 08-08-2014 09:52 AM

I caught one of those little black under the helmet beanies from Dwayne Bowe last night.

That was pretty cool.

Direkshun: Add 3 more things :)

Direckshun 08-08-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10803243)
This! :thumb: Even his post game interview was ****ing boring. Are you having a ****ing tea party Alex or are you the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. You better find the fire and desire to win fast!!

Alex Smith doesn't play with fire.

He plays wtih sheer, mind-numbing self-control. Too much self-control, everything is pre-meditated to the nth degree. Over time, he has managed to dull any impulse he could ever receive and operates only on the cold calculus of what should happen rather than what can happen.

Probably makes sex with him extremely boring.

King_Chief_Fan 08-08-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803237)
LMAO

It's either that or march Bray out next year. I certainly don't believe they'll draft QB in the 1st.

that could be an option but they might want to do that sooner than later...especially if Smith poops the bed. They will know for sure then if they need to draft a QB or not.

Direckshun 08-08-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 10803248)
justifiably so in my opinion. did not demonstrate much in the way of field/pocket presence either and has no sense of time.

**** that. It's preseason. Sling that thing.

srvy 08-08-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803191)
Chase received what I thought was strong blocking, but has such poor pocket presence (and/or is incapable of seeing over them) that he waltzed himself into at least two of the sacks he took.

Bray's performance was frustratingly neutered -- the Chiefs ran 80% of the time when he was in.

I felt like Chase had time due to Kush replacing Hudson at center. He seemed to plug that flood right up the gut.

ThaVirus 08-08-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10803148)
Ugh. Speaking of Gray.

I want to keep him on the roster somehow. He looked determined, and faster than I remember.

I don't necessarily like him catching balls, but coming in as a reserve if one of our other RB's goes down would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803159)
I've always thought Gray looked really talented. He blocks well in the passing game, too.

The Chiefs should be able to retain him if they really want to. He looks very good running the ball, and the TD he scored was just pure want-to. That's stuff that gets coaches off. Did I also mention he's a plus-talent on special teams, as well?

I was afraid he was going to get cut this year with the addition of DAT and McKnight. But at this point, unless McKnight blows shit up next week, that 3rd RB is Gray's to lose.

Gray's been here forever. He's probably survived multiple coach and regime changes for a reason..

LoneWolf 08-08-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10803204)
Alex looked like shit. Over threw a few balls, then should have dumped off to a wide open JC, held the ball and took the hit? WTF was he thinking? He will have to play 10 times better than that if he wants a contract.

Overthrew a "few" balls. He was 3/5 passing. One incompletion was when he threw it away while running towards the sideline. The other was the play in the flat to Bowe which was not a very good throw. On the one play where he was sacked, how was he supposed to get the ball out to Charles. He had pressure directly in his face and he was looking for an escape route.

Smith didn't play a good game, but your analysis is ****ing reeruned.

LoneWolf 08-08-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10803261)
Gray's been here forever. He's probably survived multiple coach and regime changes for a reason..

Drafted in 2012 now means a player has been here forever?

Chiefs=Champions 08-08-2014 10:11 AM

Did anyone else catch Ford pancaking the RT on one play when he bull rushed?

King_Chief_Fan 08-08-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803254)
**** that. It's preseason. Sling that thing.

LMAOLMAO indeed

Mr. Laz 08-08-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803252)
Alex Smith doesn't play with fire.

He plays wtih sheer, mind-numbing self-control. Too much self-control, everything is pre-meditated to the nth degree. Over time, he has managed to dull any impulse he could ever receive and operates only on the cold calculus of what should happen rather than what can happen.

Probably makes sex with him extremely boring.

Might be the dumbest post you have ever made.

Mr. Laz 08-08-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10803268)
Overthrew a "few" balls. He was 3/5 passing. One incompletion was when he threw it away while running towards the sideline. The other was the play in the flat to Bowe which was not a very good throw. On the one play where he was sacked, how was he supposed to get the ball out to Charles. He had pressure directly in his face and he was looking for an escape route.

Smith didn't play a good game, but your analysis is ****ing reeruned.

LMAO

bodyslam

Pasta Little Brioni 08-08-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10803282)
Might be the dumbest post you have every made.

This