ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The National Media is now joining the hate train! (An article from Fox Sports) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264499)

BoneKrusher 10-02-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8969934)
Pioli refuses to bring in legit competition for Cassel so he doesn't have to bench him.

I can't wait until that smug one who sucks the penis is gone.

This 1000 times

gblowfish 10-02-2012 04:20 PM

Y'know, here's the thing about "regimes."
When I was a kid, Hank Stram was the king. Team got old, started to lose, Hank was chased out and went to New Orleans.
I was in High School. Team floundered, Jack Steadman ran things, he was clueless.
Team hires Marv Levy. First really smart coach since Stram. Players strike, Levy scapegoated, gets booted.
I'm in college. Get Mackovic and Gansz. Team bottoms out....again.
Lamar hired King Carl. We get Marty, we get better for 10 years, never win the big one.
I'm now a married adult.
King Carl stays 10 years too long. We get Gunther, Grandpa Dick, Herm. We go back into the toilet.
I'm now middle aged.
Lamar kicks the bucket.
We get The Clarks.
We get Pioli.
We're on Pioli four years into a five year deal.
I'll be to retirement age in 10 more years.
Last time the Chiefs won a SuperBowl I was 11 years old.

Bottom line?
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it...
ever....
was.

whoman69 10-02-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8971094)
This 100%. He is trying to throw Cassel under the bus to save himself. As you said, it's an insult to our intelligence. The planted stories about how he never liked Cassel are a joke. Is it possible to have a GM that doesn't talk to the fans like they are 5 years old? Him and Carl are the same way like that. "Let me explain to you how this business works..".

If Pioli is putting that story out, he's trying to rewrite things like he did with the coach last year. The more I hear about Pioli, the less I like him. I would have to ammend that "What would I do if I woke up as Clark Hunt" answer to fire Pioli.

FAX 10-02-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8971277)
If Pioli is putting that story out, he's trying to rewrite things like he did with the coach last year. The more I hear about Pioli, the less I like him. I would have to ammend that "What would I do if I woke up as Clark Hunt" answer to fire Pioli.

It's often difficult for even the most wise and informed among us to make an accurate judgment about another person based solely on information you receive through the media or from a distance because the knowledge you gain is invariably both filtered and colored by the opinions of others.

But, I hate the sick bastard.

FAX

whoman69 10-02-2012 07:50 PM

If I'm the owner GM I want him to control the signings, scouting and personnel moves. Aside from that the HC should be making all the football decisions. Pioli needs to be knocked down a peg and taken out of his comfort zone. His next hire cannot come from the tree. The secrecy isn't doing anything but making him out to be a douche. The GM shouldn't be dictating to the coach what defensive scheme they run or who the starters are.

Rausch 10-02-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8971770)
If I'm the owner GM I want him to control the signings, scouting and personnel moves. Aside from that the HC should be making all the football decisions. Pioli needs to be knocked down a peg and taken out of his comfort zone. His next hire cannot come from the tree.

Whoah there. His next hire needs to be at Denny's...

FAX 10-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8971770)
If I'm the owner GM I want him to control the signings, scouting and personnel moves. Aside from that the HC should be making all the football decisions. Pioli needs to be knocked down a peg and taken out of his comfort zone. His next hire cannot come from the tree. The secrecy isn't doing anything but making him out to be a douche. The GM shouldn't be dictating to the coach what defensive scheme they run or who the starters are.

Doesn't this all remind you of Darth Liberace The Elder? The meddling? The wacky rules? The hiring and immediate firing of coaches? The controlling nature? The demands that the HC play a particular guy?

It sure does seem that way to me and it's scary.

FAX

MahiMike 10-02-2012 07:55 PM

We will beat the Ravens. You heard it here 1st.

Rausch 10-02-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8971783)

I hear all kinds of crazy $#it here first...

WV 10-02-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

I understand where your coming from, but the only way we beat the Ravens is if Flacco and Ray Rice collide Brandon Merriweather and Aldrick Robinson style before the game.

gblowfish 10-02-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

I'll take that bet.

Easy 6 10-03-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8971791)
I hear all kinds of crazy $#it here first...

LMAO

Buehler445 10-03-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8966481)
He threw $8 million at a banker and it got intercepted?

ROFL

FringeNC 10-03-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Cassel is the man Pioli turned to when Pioli brought him in from New England, the player he entrusted with the keys to the Chiefs’ future. That disastrous decision was on full display Sunday, a mistake particularly egregious because the Chiefs’ GM, having been with the Patriots at the same time as Cassel, should have been especially equipped to know what he was getting.

That is why throwing Cassel under the bus may not work for Pioli. Sure, he's trying, but this crap Pioli is leaking that they knew Cassel wasn't that good....will it fly?

FAX 10-03-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8973100)

That is why throwing Cassel under the bus may not work for Pioli. Sure, he's trying, but this crap Pioli is leaking that they knew Cassel wasn't that good....will it fly?

Say it often enough and loud enough and people will believe it.

Sadly.

FAX