ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Monday Night Football... what to do with it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318358)

Bump 10-22-2018 09:19 PM

get rid of Thursday Night Football and stop playing games in London.

Maine 10-22-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13837772)

:clap:

Yehoodi 10-22-2018 09:25 PM

There are a handful of reason why MNF is not as good as it used to be . . .

The NFL has spread itself too thin at its now has basically 4 slots for prime time/only game on - London, SNF, MNF, and TNF. Not enough to go around. It is tough to get 4 "good" attractive game each weekend to spread out. MNF used to be the only one in town.

SNF gets preference over MNF. Also, SNF gets flexed so we do not see the "bad" SNF games late in the year.

In the salary cap era, it is tough to predict year to year who is going to be good the following year for scheduling purposes.

ESPN likely does not have the pull that the other networks have to get the good games.

I would keep it and let the fans decide if they want to watch it. The NFL is beginning to saturate the market and fans will now tune out a game or two, and MNF or TNF are the ones fans might tune out. I still like MNF to watch here and there

htismaqe 10-22-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13837772)

They're not going to stop playing games in London. The time zone difference allows them to have a full 12 hours of football on Sundays.

They've started running Thursday night games on OTA. They need to do the same with MNF.

All of the games should be OTA.

gold_and_red 10-22-2018 09:50 PM

Make playoff teams from the previous season appear on SNF and MNF in the first 4-5 weeks then flex based on current record.

Hoover 10-22-2018 10:21 PM

keep Thursday night, get rid of MNF

Dayze 10-23-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13835626)
Put it back on ABC after reruns of original MacGyver. LIKE ITS DAMNED SUPPOSED TO BE.

LMAO

Dayze 10-23-2018 07:08 AM

Get rid of TNF.
but that won't happen.

So get rid of Witten, and get Booger in there or put Louis Riddick in the booth with Tesitore.

NFL is overstaturated ,and has been for years. if the NFL could put a game on TV every night of the week, they would.
MNF used to be special. Now, with SNF and TNF....MNF is sort of 'meh'.
I hate the SNF broadcast. Not only Collinsworth, but all the camera angles, live action camera after a score where a guy runs out onto the field with a camera to capture everything. Carrie Underwood.
It's the broadcast equivalent to the TV show "Friends" , and autotune.
Feels complete fake, and not like a real football broadcast.

MNF's problem is they've swung and missesd on their on-air personalities. Gruden, and now Witten.

I was fine with Tirico, and I like Tesitore (though when I hear his voice I think of boxing, and a game a played the jesus out of "Fight Night"). I like that they've gone back to a sideline/Paul McGwire type with Booger.

Why Not? 10-23-2018 07:12 AM

Sometimes you're just gonna get a shit game. I find it deliciously ironic that the NFL and NBC flexed out of Rams/Niners in part to avoid making America watch a blowout, only to display an even bigger blowout! Obviously the main draw was to give the country another chance to watch our offense(man, how cool!)but you know the league and network wanted at least a semi competitive game

ILChief 10-23-2018 08:21 AM

https://twitter.com/barstoolbigcat/s...021541378?s=21

ILChief 10-23-2018 08:23 AM

Look at the remaining MNF schedule. Besides chiefs/Rams it is absolutely horrible

ILChief 10-23-2018 08:29 AM

I don't want to get rid of it. Maybe it's nostalgia. I grew up with Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, and Dan Dierdorf in the MNF booth. It used to be special and was often the game of the week. Really went down hill when it moved off ABC. Sunday night is now what Monday night used to be. SNF used to be the crap game. It used to be on TNT I believe

htismaqe 10-23-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 13838176)
I don't want to get rid of it. Maybe it's nostalgia. I grew up with Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, and Dan Dierdorf in the MNF booth. It used to be special and was often the game of the week. Really went down hill when it moved off ABC. Sunday night is now what Monday night used to be. SNF used to be the crap game. It used to be on TNT I believe

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when discussing the MNF football crew, moving the game from ABC to ESPN loaded the gun and hiring the goofs ESPN hires pulled the trigger.

If MNF is ever going to be great again, get it off cable and back on OTA. Start there.

Why Not? 10-23-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 13838173)
Look at the remaining MNF schedule. Besides chiefs/Rams it is absolutely horrible

Man, you ain't lying. Couple of decent-ish games after Chiefs v Rams but mostly straight trash, topped off with spending your Christmas Eve watching a maybe 5/6 win Denver team against most likely a 1-2 win Raiders team. Happy Holidays, everyone!!!!

ILChief 10-23-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13838184)
Man, you ain't lying. Couple of decent-ish games after Chiefs v Rams but mostly straight trash, topped off with spending your Christmas Eve watching a maybe 5/6 win Denver team against most likely a 1-2 win Raiders team. Happy Holidays, everyone!!!!

Giants vs 49ers