ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** you guys saying taking a QB in the first solves everything (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285918)

Bearcat 08-24-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10847012)
I completely understand the argument.
On the flip flop, there are plenty of others ways to skin a cat. We just had a Super Bowl winner with a 3rd rounder.

The Rams did the right thing. Just a victim of bad luck.

32 teams out of 32 teams would have taken Bradford in that same position.

Agenda cherry picking aside, there's pretty much two... a QB who's capable of playing at an elite level in the playoffs or a defense that can stop one (since you'll probably be playing against one).

RealSNR 08-24-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10847012)
I completely understand the argument.
On the flip flop, there are plenty of others ways to skin a cat. We just had a Super Bowl winner with a 3rd rounder.

The Rams did the right thing. Just a victim of bad luck.

32 teams out of 32 teams would have taken Bradford in that same position.

Bradford is one of the few 1st round QBs I advocated for passing on if the Chiefs were in that position. I legitimately believed he was a pile of shit.

The other was Branden Weeden.

I put stock in a lot of shitty QBs, but I also put stock in some QBs like Flacco that people wanted nothing to do with.

Deberg_1990 08-24-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10847021)
My problem with ths Chiefs approach isn't that they haven't taken a first round QB, it's that they have only committed to a young QB with potential in 30 years.

Yea, I would agree with this.

Honestly , there haven't been many 1st round QBs they passed on that turned out to be anything. Rodgers is the only one that comes to mind.

The Chiefs have drafted many lower round QBs, but did a crap job of developing them.

Bearcat 08-24-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10847021)
My problem with ths Chiefs approach isn't that they haven't taken a first round QB, it's that they have only committed to a young QB with potential in 30 years.

Yeah, it's not like you have to every year or even every few years, and if you're successful despite not developing your own QBs, awesome... but, the exact same strategy for three decades with no success to show for it is pathetic.

Mother****erJones 08-24-2014 04:33 PM

No ones saying it solves a goddamn thing. We're saying at least TRY!

RealSNR 08-24-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10847033)
Yea, I would agree with this.

Honestly , there haven't been many 1st round QBs they passed on that turned out to be anything. Rodgers is the only one that comes to mind.

The Chiefs have drafted many lower round QBs, but did a crap job of developing them.

"Many"

Brodie Croyle, Ricky Stanzi, and Aaron Murray.

Yeah, we sure are throwing our seeds all over the ****ing place!

Rams Fan 08-24-2014 04:36 PM

If Luck was at 2 instead of RG3, I would have been more open to the idea of taking Luck then stay and take RG3.

Rams Fan 08-24-2014 04:37 PM

It's official now. **** this shit.

Bearcat 08-24-2014 04:38 PM

Not sure why it has to be limited to 1st round, either... no QBs in the first 3 rounds since Croyle........ and 15 linemen since then.

Deberg_1990 08-24-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10847042)
"Many"

Brodie Croyle, Ricky Stanzi, and Aaron Murray.

Yeah, we sure are throwing our seeds all over the ****ing place!

I'm talking over the past 25 to 30 years.

Steve Stenstrom, Mike Elkins, Matt Blundin etc....

KcMizzou 08-24-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10847036)
No ones saying it solves a goddamn thing. We're saying at least TRY!

You have to be more than a little lucky. Bad enough to be in position to take an elite QB, at the same time when there's one available. We suffered through a season bad enough to get the first pick in the draft, and ended up with Eric ****ing Fisher.

Even if he eventually is not a bust (sure looks like one right now), it'll always be a disappointing pick.

milkman 08-24-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10847031)
Bradford is one of the few 1st round QBs I advocated for passing on if the Chiefs were in that position. I legitimately believed he was a pile of shit.

The other was Branden Weeden.

I put stock in a lot of shitty QBs, but I also put stock in some QBs like Flacco that people wanted nothing to do with.

I didn't like those guys either, and I didn't like Ryan.

And of the other QBs that others liked that didn't go first round, I didn't like Clausen.

There's more, but they aren't coming to mind at the moment.

RealSNR 08-24-2014 04:46 PM

Rams Fan:

You have the following offers. Do you bite on any of them? Yes, all teams are going to make you pay prices this steep, especially Washington.

Rams get: Kirk Cousins
Rams give up: 2015 1st round pick, 2016 3rd round pick

Rams get: Matt Cassel
Rams give up: 2015 2nd round pick, 2015 6th round pick

Rams get: Mark Sanchez
Rams give up: 2015 3rd round pick, conditional 3rd/4th round pick in 2016

Rams get: Ryan Mallett
Rams give up: 2015 2nd round pick

Rams get: Chase Daniel
Rams give up: Brandon McGee

Bearcat 08-24-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10847057)
You have to be more than a little lucky. Bad enough to be in position to take an elite QB, at the same time when there's one available. We suffered through a season bad enough to get the first pick in the draft, and ended up with Eric ****ing Fisher.

Even if he eventually is not a bust (sure looks like one right now), it'll always be a disappointing pick.

Every quarterback was available, but of course you can't select just anyone at 1.1.

/sarcasm

Rams Fan 08-24-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10847066)
Rams Fan:

You have the following offers. Do you bite on any of them?

Rams get: Kirk Cousins
Rams give up: 2015 1st round pick, 2016 3rd round pick

Rams get: Matt Cassel
Rams give up: 2015 2nd round pick, 2015 6th round pick

Rams get: Mark Sanchez
Rams give up: 2015 3rd round pick, conditional 3rd/4th round pick in 2016

Rams get: Ryan Mallett
Rams give up: 2015 2nd round pick

Rams get: Chase Daniel
Rams give up: Brandon McGee

Possibly
No
No
Doubtful
No(CB depth is already thin)

I'd like Cousins or Glennon. I think Glennon can be had less for Cousins, though I don't know if that's the case with Lovie's comments about him being the QBOTF.