ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Official 2015 STL Cardinals Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289085)

O.city 01-08-2015 12:16 PM

I wold like Hamels.

duncan_idaho 01-08-2015 02:36 PM

If that's what the Phillies want for Hamels, I think it makes a lot of sense for the Cardinals to go get him.

Especially if they can do it without surrendering Martinez. A deal based around Piscotty, Gonzalez and Bourjos would be a steal for St. Louis, IMO. No major impact players going out... ace-level pitcher coming in.

VAChief 01-08-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11251960)
If that's what the Phillies want for Hamels, I think it makes a lot of sense for the Cardinals to go get him.

Especially if they can do it without surrendering Martinez. A deal based around Piscotty, Gonzalez and Bourjos would be a steal for St. Louis, IMO. No major impact players going out... ace-level pitcher coming in.

Yes, but I would try for Grichuk, Bourjos, Gonzalez first. I like Piscotty as Holliday's replacement in a few years. I think he could produce a similar line with a little less raw power, but similar numbers, and better defense.

I think he can probably get enough bats on our roster next year in some utility roles (including 1st as has been mentioned earlier). Most of his errors at 3B were throwing issues. That wouldn't be as big of an issue at 1st.

duncan_idaho 01-08-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 11251993)
Yes, but I would try for Grichuk, Bourjos, Gonzalez first. I like Piscotty as Holliday's replacement in a few years. I think he could produce a similar line with a little less raw power, but similar numbers, and better defense.

I think he can probably get enough bats on our roster next year in some utility roles (including 1st as has been mentioned earlier). Most of his errors at 3B were throwing issues. That wouldn't be as big of an issue at 1st.

That would be a major coup, if Philly takes it. Piscotty + Gonzalez + Bourjos seems like a major underpay, let alone swapping out Piscotty for Grichuk.

I'm sure Orioles fans would think that was a totally fair deal for Hamels, though.

O.city 01-08-2015 03:33 PM

For sure if that's all they want

BigRedChief 01-08-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 11251993)

I'm sure if that was all it took, the deal would be done. I'm sure they want Martinez, not Gonzalez in the deal.

BigRedChief 01-08-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11252003)
That would be a major coup, if Philly takes it. Piscotty + Gonzalez + Bourjos seems like a major underpay, let alone swapping out Piscotty for Grichuk.

I'd have no problem with that trade. Piscotty or Grichuk take your pic Philly and Gonzales/Bourjas. Print em.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2015 04:46 PM

Piscotty, Bourjos, and Gonzalez is not an underpay. That's a fair trade, but it leaves the Cardinals dangerously thin in the OF.

They would have to be pretty high on Grichuk to make that trade. He has the athleticism to play center, but he's still an atrocity against RHP. That would give him until 2016 to get that figured out, because I can't imagine the Cardinals are going to stay with Jay much longer given his athletic profile, age, and escalating cost.

BigRedChief 01-08-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11252270)
Piscotty, Bourjos, and Gonzalez is not an underpay. That's a fair trade, but it leaves the Cardinals dangerously thin in the OF.

They would have to be pretty high on Grichuk to make that trade. He has the athleticism to play center, but he's still an atrocity against RHP. That would give him until 2016 to get that figured out, because I can't imagine the Cardinals are going to stay with Jay much longer given his athletic profile, age, and escalating cost.

dangerously thin? I'd agree. But the death of Oscar continues to cause the dominoes to fall.

We need another top of the line pitcher for our 2 year window that we have left to realistically get another WS championship. I still have no idea how we are suppose to replace Waino, Molina, Holliday, Peralta's production in 2017.

We could be dangerously thin at pitcher too real fast. Waino's elbow and Wacha's shoulder flare up. Lackey gets old and slow, Lynn starts melting down again at the first sign of trouble. Martinez flames out in the 4th-5th inning too many times etc... We need another top stable pitcher to go up against the other teams top pitchers in the playoffs.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-08-2015 05:00 PM

Would do that trade in a heartbeat. One would want that turd Bourjos?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11252295)
Would do that trade in a heartbeat. One would want that turd Bourjos?

The guy who put up 1.6 WAR over 294 PAs? Yeah, who would want a turd like that?

I get it; he hit like shit last year, but that's not the only way you can add value, he's three years younger than Jay, and his Steamer projections are better on a per-game basis as well.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-08-2015 06:55 PM

Sounds like Colby Rasmus is about to be a Oriole. How many HR you think he can hit at Camden Yards.

BigRedChief 01-08-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 11252495)
Sounds like Colby Rasmus is about to be a Oriole. How many HR you think he can hit at Camden Yards.

Depends on his Dad.;)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2015 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 11252495)

I'm sure he'll hit about 20 a year while still being a below average offensive player and you'll hear about as many stories about his dickhead Little League dad, Tony.

Mi_chief_fan 01-08-2015 07:08 PM

Didn't it come out after the season that Bourjos had played through an injury most of the season?