ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is anyone else now uninterested in the Chiefs' past? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318625)

suzzer99 11-03-2018 07:41 PM

As soon as we win a home playoff game and Mahomes makes it through w/o a concussion - my demons will be exorcised.

mr. tegu 11-03-2018 07:45 PM

Every recent debacle and bad memory from the team led to Mahomes being our guy and playing now. That’s really the best way to think about them I think. Almost thankful really.

Rasputin 11-03-2018 07:54 PM

I'll never want to forget Derrick Thomas sacking John Horseface a bunch of times.

The 100th rushing touchdown Marcus Allen scored against the Raiders and the Cript keeper Al Davis said " F U D G E " only he didn't say fudge he said **** read his lips.

The thumping of the Dirty Birds 56-10 with 8 rushing touchdowns I was there what a fun day.

The Dante Hall punt return to beat the Donkeys i was there when it happened.

So some history i like to reflect on.

suzzer99 11-03-2018 08:24 PM

Yeah despite all the postseason pain - I'd rather be the Chiefs than say Tampa Bay over the last 3 decades or so. One superbowl win and a whole lot of boring suck. At least we have a ton of great regular season memories.

Yes I realize how loserish that sounds. But I treasure my reg season memories.

TwistedChief 11-03-2018 08:36 PM

I think about it like this: as a sports fan, I'd much rather be a 38yr old who has lived through the failures of the Chiefs and can now fully appreciate the Mahomes era than some 8yr old kid from Nebraska coming into his own who thinks the Chiefs are cool and decides to adopt them as his team. I'm all for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, but not when it comes to the Chiefs. We've earned the right to be this childish and giddy. That Broncos win in Denver? Mahomes turning into Elway with pain raining down on the opposing team? That says it all. I wouldn't give up the past for anything now. It's the ember we use to light the flame of hope.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2018 09:07 PM

The past makes the present better. Gives it context. Makes me appreciate it more.

Hold on to this, because we may never see it again.

TribalElder 11-03-2018 09:17 PM

I for one hope we see a new flag flying over arrowhead in the near future

That 1969 world champs one is old and played out, needs a refresh

TribalElder 11-03-2018 09:18 PM

Also a fun stat will be when mahomes ends the home playoff winless streak

The home winless streak is older than he is

njchiefs 11-03-2018 09:24 PM

Dawson to Otis Taylor in SB IV. Podolak running wild on Christmas Day. DT sacking Dave Krieg for the 7th time. Great memories. But this year is going to make me pee in my old man pants.

Simplicity 11-03-2018 09:24 PM

Considering I’ve only been alive since 1996 amd have been a Chiefs fan since I came out of the womb.... Yes I love the idea of forgetting the past because my whole childhood has consisted of mediocrity and hopelessness. This year has been such a different feeling it’s hard to put into words because it is so new to me. Love it.

Hammock Parties 11-03-2018 09:29 PM

We have been merely passing through history.

This...this is history.

https://i.imgur.com/NC5enz0h.jpg

suzzer99 11-03-2018 09:34 PM

Top. Men.

lcarus 11-03-2018 09:42 PM

I embraced the suffering all those years because I knew in my heart the savior was coming. And the suffering would make it all that much sweeter. It was foretold by the elders of Zion.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-03-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13865060)
Yes. I lived through the clown show Marty years. The offense of DV. The Dark ages. The hopeless years of Alex.

Almost 4 decades of complete humiliation as a chiefs fan. It’s a new era and a new beginning.

I am mindful and wary of the defense only because I cherish the defenses of days gone by, but otherwise I'm with you on this.

rico 11-03-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13865369)
I embraced the suffering all those years because I knew in my heart the savior was coming. And the suffering would make it all that much sweeter. It was foretold by the elders of Zion.

I know what you mean. I had that feeling too. I was negative as hell for the past decade, but always did have that little positive feeling that I couldn’t shake that eventually we WERE gonna get it right. And holy shit, I think we hit a grand slam.