ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Molitoth 02-25-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9436132)
Just saw Mooch's interview with Geno. I find it odd that a gifted genius that understood things better than his classmates struggled to understand a simple play drawn on the board.

Geno Smith has been ridiculed for not running as much as he should (and rightfully so).... so on that designed play when he said his best third option would be to run it instead of hitting "Jerry Rice" on that inside curl, I don't fault him for that.

Besides, he seemed all thrown off by the Drug question. Mooch really seemed to get him with that one.

It was a brilliant plan of attack by Mooch to throw him off.

Does it effect 3 years of game footage and the much shown improvement in his footwork at the combine? Not to me.

-King- 02-25-2013 10:40 AM

It didn't even look like Mooch was at all discouraged by Genos effort at remembering that play, so why should I be?
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-25-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9436150)
It didn't even look like Mooch was at all discouraged by Genos effort at remembering that play, so why should I be?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

Mooch even went out of his way to say it didn't bother him. That Geno did a good job with it.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9436150)
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9436153)
Yep.

Mooch even went out of his way to say it didn't bother him. That Geno did a good job with it.

Pretty much. I mean I've done similar things in interviews with engineers: I'll draw a circuit and ask them what the output at certain points are or I'll ask them to draw me a circuit with a certain function. I don't expect them to get it exactly right, but just a general test to see if they understand and can do basic circuit analysis.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 10:44 AM

It's already been said.....but a coach isn't going to give his QB the playbook for 2 minutes and then ask him to draw out a certain play.

FFS.....and Geno even looked a little disappointed that he didn't remember everything.

RunKC 02-25-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9436142)
It wasn't a simple play. And he was shown that play for 10 seconds and then had to redraw it after a 15 minute delay where Mooch was doing his best to throw him off his game.
Posted via Mobile Device

You do know GM's accross the league are asking players questions like that at the combine right?

O.city 02-25-2013 10:46 AM

He could have solved the mysteries of the universe with his little toe, not enough for RunKC.

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9436170)
He could have solved the mysteries of the universe with his little toe, not enough for RunKC.

He didn't cut his nail short enough - having a perfectly trimmed toenail is the key for success!

-King- 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9436166)
You do know GM's accross the league are asking players questions like that at the combine right?

Yes. And from what we've heard, Genos interviews went really well.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP 02-25-2013 10:49 AM

It's extra funny that his av is Tyler Wilson who had a lackluster senior season and looked pretty terrible at the combine.

RunKC 02-25-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

A simple play drawn on the board would have been fine by me.

O.city 02-25-2013 10:50 AM

Fighting to the bitter end I see

htismaqe 02-25-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

ABG FTW!

duncan_idaho 02-25-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9436189)
It's extra funny that his av is Tyler Wilson who had a lackluster senior season and looked pretty terrible at the combine.

Don't forget to mention that Wilson is a hillbilly, frat-boy, moron...

RunKC 02-25-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9436191)
Fighting to the bitter end I see

I'm down for drafting any QB at 1, but that doesn't mean I think Geno wears a cape and is the genius everybody is portraying him to be.:shake: