ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft NFL Excuses Run Out After Ratings Declines Continue (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311288)

Hoover 02-27-2018 07:57 PM

Yeah, but its more of a viewing behavior issue, its not really just an NFL issue.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13442808)
The ratings hit a peak a couple of years ago but the real decline lies in how boring the games are getting. The product is suffering. Too many bullshit flags, defenses are castrated and the games take forever.

False

Titty Meat 02-27-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13442833)
False

NFL games are a flag fest. PI is called too much and nobody knows what the **** a catch is.

BigCatDaddy 02-27-2018 09:16 PM

It has it worts but football is still the best sport to watch. I only turn it off when football games become political TV shows. Play the games, focus on the games and collect big dollars. Hard to **** up but they do their best.

Eleazar 09-07-2018 11:48 AM

Ratings way down for NFL opener
Posted by Michael David Smith

September 7, 2018, 10:04 AM EDT

The NFL’s opening Thursday night game got disappointing TV ratings for a league that is battling perceptions of rapidly declining popularity.

NBC announced a 13.4 overnight rating for the Super Bowl champion Eagles’ last-second win over the Falcons. That was way down from the 14.6 for Chiefs-Patriots last year, which itself was way down from a 16.5 for Panthers-Broncos the year before, which itself was way down from a 17.7 for Steelers-Patriots the year before that.

Are there extenuating circumstances? Sure. Kickoff was delayed by almost an hour because of thunderstorms in Philadelphia, and the game was a sloppy, penalty-filled mess.

But there are only so many times that the NFL can spin its ratings decline as being the result of extenuating circumstances. Whatever the reasons, the league’s television ratings are not the juggernaut they once were. The NFL still gets national television ratings that any other sport (or, for that matter, any entertainment program) would kill for, but it no longer gets the kinds of television ratings it got a few years back.

-----

Last night’s game is not only down from last year, but 2016, 2015 and 2014 – all of which saw successive declines.

It was the worst total audience an opening game has had since 2009.

Mecca 09-07-2018 11:50 AM

Just remember, it's an indictment of tv ratings going down. They are as dominant as they've ever been just less people are watching tv in general.

MahiMike 09-07-2018 11:57 AM

Best way to watch is NFL replay. 1 hour per game with all the crap removed. Used to be $30 now it's $99. Makes me think it's on purpose to slow these games down.

Hmmm

BIG_DADDY 09-07-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13713682)
Just remember, it's an indictment of tv ratings going down. They are as dominant as they've ever been just less people are watching tv in general.

That's why the NBA TV ratings are at a 4 year high. Don't stop believing.

Mecca 09-07-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 13713699)

Their overall ratings aren't as high though that isn't a good comparison, 10 years ago the NFL had 22 of the top 100 watched programs, last year it was 77.

Marcellus 09-07-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Sure it is.

Mecca 09-07-2018 12:28 PM

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/to...es-1201911145/

Read that and tell me that doesn't paint exactly what I said.

And yes I know it's old but it's a problem that will continue as more people stream and move away from tv in general.

sedated 09-07-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Having the internet doesn't change the fact that people will believe whatever they want to believe

Dayze 09-07-2018 12:33 PM

I rarely watch a live game anymore. usually, for say a noon game, I won't start watching until around 1:30 via DVR.

I only made it through the first half last night watching live, and it irritated me to the point where I just shut it off.

ToxSocks 09-07-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 13713699)

Are you really going to sit here and pretend that online streaming and cord cutting isn't on the rise?

The numbers are clear as ****ing day if you pull your head out of your ass.

T.V ratings are declining across the board. Times change. Society changes.

Old technology such as television are not immune to it.

Meanwhile, the NFL STILL dominates the T.V market.

You so, so badly want this to be about Kaep just so you can feel like conservatives won something. Sad, sad little man.

Mecca 09-07-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13713789)
Having the internet doesn't change the fact that people will believe whatever they want to believe

Pretty much, any tv stat out there will tell you the NFL is still a ratings juggernaut it's just not what it once was because nothing is. People streaming, using the net for everything, and honestly a different generation have changed tv viewership in general.

When you consider this.

In 2017 the NFL alone accounted for 71 of the year's 100 most-watched telecasts. In 2007 that figure was 22 of 100.

That's Nielsen data from 18-49 year olds. TV viewing in general is down but you factor this in, NFL was down 9%. Linear networks down 16% cable nets down 11%.

How can anyone say that the NFL is the issue? Are there things I don't like, yea there are but overall more people are watching their stuff than anything else. Does that mean every tv show has a problem cause all ratings are ****ing down.