ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

Marcellus 05-02-2013 05:59 PM

Geno is the new 2nd round Ryan Leaf.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-02-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9653526)
The 23 hours a day you're confined to your cell should afford you plenty of time to read through every mega thread on CP.

this is true

patteeu 05-02-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9653525)
Are you saying the Chiefs were right not to draft Brees?

I'm saying that in all likelihood, it worked out more in the Chiefs favor to use that pick on Trent Green than it would have to use it on Drew Brees. That's my opinion, not something I have any way of proving.

Marcellus 05-02-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9653527)
It's possible that if we had taken Joe Flacco or Aaron Rodgers, they would have both busted. It's also possible that if we had taken Jake Plummer, he would have been a decade-long franchise QB. We can imagine an infinite number of possibilities.

I disagree, franchise qb means exactly that. They are good enough to elevate your franchise.

That is also why I think the term is way overused. There are only about 4 franchise QB's in the NFL.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 05-02-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9653526)
The 23 hours a day you're confined to your cell should afford you plenty of time to read through every mega thread on CP.

Wow, not only am I apparently now in prison, but I'm so heinous that I'm on lockdown 23 hours a day.

Bwana 05-02-2013 06:03 PM

There was talk of you guys drafting him with your first round pick. I was pissed off when that didn't happen.

RunKC 05-02-2013 06:04 PM

2014 QB class looks to be 50x as good as this one. 4 QB's look like first round picks.

BigCatDaddy 05-02-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9653551)
2014 QB class looks to be 50x as good as this one. 4 QB's look like first round picks.

Wait until next year fellas!

RunKC 05-02-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9653560)

With EJ Manuel being the top QB drafted? Yup. I can wait one more year.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9653560)

We've got Bray as a developmental guy. I imagine folks would love it had we drafted him in the 3rd.

AdumbGuy 05-02-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9653505)
Geno is the new black Tebow...

So Tim Tebow is now the backup Tebow? Sad Tebow is sad

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18mg...g/k-bigpic.jpg

ChiefsCountry 05-02-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9653537)
I'm saying that in all likelihood, it worked out more in the Chiefs favor to use that pick on Trent Green than it would have to use it on Drew Brees. That's my opinion, not something I have any way of proving.

Actually Brees and Green put up similar numbers in the same year. Brees wasn't as good during the 2001-2003 years, but that makes sense she was a pup in the league. But 2004 and 2005, he was the same as Green. Then of course we knew what happened when he went to Nawlins.

Rasputin 05-02-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9651587)
I wish people would quit thinking that Geno is going to be great like the QB's that we passed over. Just because we pass over him doesn't mean he's going to turn into Rogers, Brees, Flacco, etc. There are other QB's we passed over like Jimmy Clausen too.

There's a reason the kid got scrutinized. He obviously wasn't a first round QB or he would have been drafted in the first.
The kid has had some serious con's on his resume and some of them just make you feel speechless.

If I'm wrong and he's a good QB who goes to a SB, I'll be happy to eat my crow, but I just don't see it happening. I want a first round QB as much as the next Chiefs fan, but I want one that has a good resume and good traits. One we can fully get behind.

I just wanted to find out and know what it feels like to draft a first round prospect. I can live with the disappointment that he doesn't turn out or struggles along the way. I just want hope and faith that this franchise has the BALLS to pick a guy on a chance that he could just turn out to be a special quarterback. The fact we had a chance to do so with the 1.1 pick and pick the best QB prospect would have made me get that hope and feeling like **** yeah now we can start building a team for the future and championships.

Nothing is going to change my mind that it is best to pick a QB from the draft than going after retreads like the Chiefs continue to do years after years.

I'm all ready disappointed we traded two 2s for Aids Smith. They took the hope away before the draft.

patteeu 05-02-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9653590)
Actually Brees and Green put up similar numbers in the same year. Brees wasn't as good during the 2001-2003 years, but that makes sense she was a pup in the league. But 2004 and 2005, he was the same as Green. Then of course we knew what happened when he went to Nawlins.

Not the same as Green, even in 04 & 05, but not terrible. If you disagree with me, that's fine.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9653626)
I just wanted to find out and know what it feels like to draft a first round prospect. I can live with the disappointment that he doesn't turn out or struggles along the way. I just want hope and faith that this franchise has the BALLS to pick a guy on a chance that he could just turn out to be a special quarterback. The fact we had a chance to do so with the 1.1 pick and pick the best QB prospect would have made me get that hope and feeling like **** yeah now we can start building a team for the future and championships.

Nothing is going to change my mind that it is best to pick a QB from the draft than going after retreads like the Chiefs continue to do years after years.

I'm all ready disappointed we traded two 2s for Aids Smith. They took the hope away before the draft.

EJ Manuel is a solid prospect, but I wouldn't take him (or Geno) with that pick. I'd encourage you to pretend that we drafted Bray at 1.1 (especially if the FO liked him better anyway, which, in this draft, is entirely possible.)