ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marcus Peters traded to Rams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314072)

BlackOp 02-26-2018 12:52 PM

Something is WAY off about this whole scenario...Peters was essentially blackballed by the entire league? The team with a 3 billion dollar stadium in the works gets the deal of the...well it's never happened before.

All-pro, defensive rookie of the year with the second most turnovers in history...playing for 1.8 mill...and KC has to give up a pick to trade him?

Bewbies 02-26-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13439166)
Welcome back to reality for the True Fans in this thread who spent the past 3 days trying to convince themselves this was a good deal.

One day you'll realize Peters was not playing another down in KC.

And you may see that a 4 this year and a 2 next year is a whole lot more than what we'd get if there was no interest and we just cut him.

saphojunkie 02-26-2018 12:53 PM

No one. Not one team in the league was willing to part with a 1st or 2nd this year for Peters. Let that sink in.

Because if anyone had offered it, we would have taken it.

Bewbies 02-26-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13439183)
Something is WAY off about this whole scenario...Peter was essentially blackballed by the entire league? The team with a 3 billion dollar stadium in the works gets the deal of the...well it's never happened before.

All-pro, defensive rookie of the year with the second most turnovers in history...playing for 1.8 mill...and KC has to give up a pick to trade him?

Or maybe he's an asshole people don't want to bring in their locker room?

RunKC 02-26-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13439180)
This solidifies to me that we are realistically looking at 2019 to be our breakthrough year.

Sick of this franchise always feeding us next year bullshit

Bewbies 02-26-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13439189)
No one. Not one team in the league was willing to part with a 1st or 2nd this year for Peters. Let that sink in.

Because if anyone had offered it, we would have taken it.

Until all the vagina's stop bleeding in here logic has no place. This is emotion planet right now.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13439179)
Noted. I will update.

I don't know if that's accurate, just wanted to link and post it.

I think we'll know more in the coming weeks because the conditions may or may not have been met.

I do know that Battle was signed to the Seahawks again this year in January.

BigRedChief 02-26-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13439183)
Something is WAY off about this whole scenario...Peters was essentially blackballed by the entire league? The team with a 3 billion dollar stadium in the works gets the deal of the...well it's never happened before.

as someone else said.....he has to be the worst locker room cancer of all time to justify such a horrendous deal.

SAUTO 02-26-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Welcome back to reality for the True Fans in this thread who spent the past 3 days trying to convince themselves this was a good deal.

Shut the **** up

KChiefs1 02-26-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 13439132)
Ram's GM to his owner..."you watch, I'll get Veach to throw in a pick too, just because I can."

So we gave up one of the top 5 CB's in the league for pick #23 of the 4th round this year and what will probably be a 25 or higher pick in the 2nd round next year. What the actual ****?

Peters & pick 182 for pick 120 this year & probably pick 58-64 next year.

Randallflagg 02-26-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

I don't know, but I think the "reality" is that there was ONE TEAM who actually Peters. ONE TEAM for one of the best CBs in the league.

That, at least for me, tells me all that I need to know. Cut your losses and get what you can I guess. I don't care for it, but that's the way it is....

DaFace 02-26-2018 12:56 PM

In an effort to consolidate the discussion now that we have the trade terms, I'm closing this thread. Feel free to let me know if this is a gross injustice.