ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

RustShack 10-15-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9015801)
It would be awesome to have a tailgate somewhere else in a large parking lot, collect $10 per car for charity, and have generators and big screens to show the game. Woodlands? (Is there still a parking lot?) Kansas Motor Speedway?

Didn't a church get into some trouble for showing an NFL game to a group of people?

InChiefsHeaven 10-15-2012 11:32 AM

Has anyone considered the possibility of a full page add in the KC Star? That would give you a chance to lay out your whole case, pimp the site, etc. and it would be pretty monumental. Probably get some national run as well.

zimdogg 10-15-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9016254)
Has anyone considered the possibility of a full page add in the KC Star? That would give you a chance to lay out your whole case, pimp the site, etc. and it would be pretty monumental. Probably get some national run as well.

That's a 10k dollar waste of paper. Facebook will see more eyes in a day than a print copy of the star would for the year.

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9016254)

Somebody said an 8 1/2 x 11 ad was $30k. That was Sunday addition though.

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9016229)
Didn't a church get into some trouble for showing an NFL game to a group of people?

Yeah but just imagine the publicity it would receive if the donation was given to breast cancer awareness.

Bob Dole 10-15-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9016229)

Don't know.

By the way: you donated $10 for parking. Bob Dole can't help it if his big screen is so large that others can see it.

InChiefsHeaven 10-15-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9016276)
Somebody said an 8 1/2 x 11 ad was $30k. That was Sunday addition though.

HOLY SHIT! That's ridiculous...no wonder print is dead.

Fat Elvis 10-15-2012 12:42 PM

No need for an ad in the Star. Just post the cutout on the saveourchiefs facebook page and people can download it and print it from there. Just gotta get Whitlock talking about it with directions on where to download it. It would be hilarious if sympathetic fans from other teams downloaded it and took it to their games.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 12:49 PM

Digital and Social Media > Print

I sell this shit everyday. You can line the bird cage with a print ad...this isn't the 80s anymore. Digital Ads leave a footprint Print doesn't.

frankotank 10-15-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9016087)
In case no one has mentioned it in a while ... you're doing a great job, Mr. pr_capone.

Amazing what one, little idea can become, isn't it?

I have an idea to open a Tittah Rating Boutique where, for a small fee, women of all ages, kinds, and creeds can go to have their tittahs evaluated by objective, licensed tittah assessors. I hope that, someday, my idea will be as successful as yours.

FAX

Frank O. Tank - Doctor of Tittahlogy

Educational summary:
Bachelor of Tittahlogy from Bazookas - KC MO
Doctor of Tittahlogy from Spearmint Rhino - Las Vegas NV
Master of Tittahlogy from 4 Play Gentlemen's Club - Los Angeles CA

I'll be your huckleberry.

SuperChief 10-15-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9016468)
Digital and Social Media > Print

I sell this shit everyday. You can line the bird cage with a print ad...this isn't the 80s anymore. Digital Ads leave a footprint Print doesn't.

Yep. It's all about CPM, and web gives you such incredible reach.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 02:50 PM

Just finished an interview about the Twitter movement with Fox4KC....it will air tonight after the baseball game.

The Franchise 10-15-2012 03:26 PM

Carl Cobb ‏@crcobb

@saveourchiefs season ticket holder from Ok. Called and requested refund from Chiefs today. They don't give refunds. Still funny tho

pr_capone 10-15-2012 03:53 PM

Update:

The banner flying guy got in contact with me and told me that he received word from a party that wishes to remain anon. They would like to help us fly the next plane.

I don't know who it is or how much yet but we have added help. I'll update again when I have more info.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 03:55 PM

hey thats neat!