ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

Red Gorilla 09-02-2013 03:59 PM

If there is one thing I am tired of it's excuses for quarterbacks. Sorry Kingsburg#12 but it sounds like one long excuse to me.

HoneyBadger 09-02-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 9933101)
These primates need to stop with the useless inaccurate drivel. Tennessee has the absolute most ill informed player wrecking fanbase ever.
Tyler was recruited by Lane Kiffin. Kiffin bailed from Tennessee and tried to take Tyler with him which would've violated NCAA rules.
Dooley becomes HC and the players learn of his ineptitude early on.
Tyler's true freshman year, 4 of 5 on O line were true freshmen. Matt Simms was QB and was fumbling a lot bcuz he held the ball too long for the young O line and got clobbered. Tyler took over at halftime against a tough South Carolina team and led a comeback. They ultimately lost when the defense folded. The starting job was his. What little coaching he got was centered around getting the ball out early . Denarious Moore was no where on the draft board until he and Tyler hooked up.
@ the Music City Bowl in Nashville where Bray completed 27-45 passes for 312 yards, 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in a 27-30 2 OT loss against the North Carolina Tar Heels. He finished the season 125-of-224 for 1,849 passing yards and 18 touchdowns, all UT freshman records while also throwing 10 interceptions. Among 2010 freshman Division I quarterbacks, he ranked third in QB rating (142.73), tied for fourth in TDs, sixth in passing yards per game (205.4) and 10th in total yards . He played with emotion during the bowl game and was in tears after. He received grief for being emotional at 18 years of age.
Tyler's true sophmore season: Week 5 brought the Georgia Bulldogs to Neyland Stadium. Bray broke his thumb late in the game and would not return until the Vanderbilt game several weeks later. The Vols lost 20-12 as Bray threw for 251 yards with 0 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, with Matt Simms assuming quarterback duties late in the game. Because of his injury Bray would not play in the next 5 games (against LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Middle Tennessee, and Arkansas). The Volunteers went 1-4 during Bray's absence. Tyler Bray came back during the Vanderbilt week and led the Vols to an upset win against the Commodores. Bray finished the day 16-33 for 189 yards and 2 touchdowns with 2 interceptions. The Vols won 27-21 in OT. In the final game of the season, the Vols lost to the Kentucky Wildcats 10-7, which was the first loss the Kentucky in 26 years. The Volunteers ended the season 5-7 and were not bowl eligible. Tyler played the Kentucky game with a still injured thumb that couldn't even grip the ball without pain meds. He also had bad strep throat and a fever. The performance wasn't good and he was criticized for not caring and not being emotional.
In ghe off season, he Had 2 brushes with the law. The 19 yr old QB got drunk at home with a friend and they began tossing beer bottles toward a dumpster and hit a parked car. His dad paid for the damage. He also got a wreckless boating charge when he threw a roost with a personal watercraft that splashed water on his friend that had just wiped out. A water cop actually ticketed him. It was thrown out when it went to court. Those 2 heinous incidents along with him stealing a few girlfriends killed his reputation and he would never compare to the great Peyton Manning whose shadow looms large. There's internet created heresay and rumours, but that's the extent of his legal issues.
Tyler's true junior year: The 2012 season would be Bray's only season where he would start all 12 games for the Volunteers. WR Da'Rick Rogers got kicked off the team before the season. Future 1st rnd pick Cordarrell Patterson was explosive when he had the ball, however he usually ran whatever route he wanted and Bray had to guess where he was going. TD's were taken off the board twice bcuz Cordarrell chose to celebrate before the endzone. He's extremely raw and a horrid route runner, but exciting when he has the ball. Justin Hunter dropped many perfect balls at key times his senior year. He was coming back from knee injury and it really messed with his head especially early. Saying Bray had 3 great WR's is wrong. Bray is a huge reason that they got drafted where they did. On the year Bray went 268 of 451 for 3612 yards with 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.Bray recorded a Tennessee record 530 passing yards against Troy, breaking Peyton Manning's record of 523 versus Kentucky in 1997. His 3,619 passing yards rank as 11th in a single-season in SEC history. With 34 touchdown passes, he posted the seventh-most touchdown passes in a season in SEC history.
He was blamed for the losses by the ignorant Vol fans and they somehow overlooked that the defense allowed 40 pts a game in league play. The defense allowed 48 against Troy.
Tyler's biggest handicap is that he had awful coaching in college and he's an awful interview which gives people the false impression that he's stupid or uncaring.
Reality is that he's perhaps overly aggressive. Hates losing. Super strong arm. Overly confident in his arm. Super quick decisions with an equally quick release.

Tyler, is that you? You're from Kingsburg and you wore #12

Dunerdr 09-02-2013 04:35 PM

Sarcasm yo because we had no passing gAme yo! Didnt you see the sarcasm font?

Dunerdr 09-02-2013 04:36 PM

T. Bray would have got it. Just saying ...

Kingsburg#12 09-02-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gorilla (Post 9933816)
If there is one thing I am tired of it's excuses for quarterbacks. Sorry Kingsburg#12 but it sounds like one long excuse to me.

Bray owes you nothing, Especially an excuse. There's a lot of ignorance and misinformation being spewed.
Let the kid develop and forget about garbage stories from haters.

Kingsburg#12 09-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9933844)
Tyler, is that you? You're from Kingsburg and you wore #12

Of course it's not Tyler. I live in Kingsburg and watched Tyler since he was a sophomore in HS. I am a life long Raider fan, but haven't had any attachment to the team since Al died. I really don't like the NFL anymore to be honest. It's credibility is just a hair better than WWE. I started watching HS and saw the most amazing arm I'd ever seen. I wish him the best, and therefore I wish the Chiefs the best.

beach tribe 09-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 9934041)
Bray owes you nothing, Especially an excuse. There's a lot of ignorance and misinformation being spewed.

I think we are passed the BS here bro.

According to reports, the guy has been staying late, working his tail off, and it shows.
100% behind Bray!

beach tribe 09-02-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 9934066)
Of course it's not Tyler. I live in Kingsburg and watched Tyler since he was a sophomore in HS. I am a life long Raider fan, but haven't had any attachment to the team since Al died. I really don't like the NFL anymore to be honest. It's credibility is just a hair better than WWE. I started watching HS and saw the most amazing arm I'd ever seen. I wish him the best, and therefore I wish the Chiefs the best.

TN native here. Ive watched Brays entire career at TN and think its a Fn miracle that he didnt get drafted and we landed him. Still cant believe he fell through the cracks. The rest of the NFL is already sorry I would imagine.

HoneyBadger 09-02-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 9934066)

How about that Sun Hong Kong?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gorilla (Post 9933816)

Shit, Alex Smith is already one long-assed excuse around here, and the season hasn't even begun yet.

Kingsburg#12 09-02-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9934134)
How about that Sun Hong Kong?

I like chinese pagoda a little better.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-02-2013 08:45 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...ard_709.0.jpeg

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

In58men 09-02-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9934335)
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...ard_709.0.jpeg

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=275807&page=3

Q

Messier 09-02-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9934187)
Shit, Alex Smith is already labled a failure around here, and the season hasn't even begun yet.

fyp

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-02-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9934416)
fyp

And horribly, I might add.

AussieChiefsFan 09-02-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9934348)

Double Q. From earlier in this thread.

Fairplay 09-02-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 9933101)
In the off season, he Had 2 brushes with the law. The 19 yr old QB got drunk at home with a friend and they began tossing beer bottles toward a dumpster and hit a parked car. His dad paid for the damage. He also got a wreckless boating charge when he threw a roost with a personal watercraft that splashed water on his friend that had just wiped out. A water cop actually ticketed him. It was thrown out when it went to court. Those 2 heinous incidents along with him stealing a few girlfriends killed his reputation and he would never compare to the great Peyton Manning whose shadow looms large. There's internet created heresay and rumours, but that's the extent of his legal issues.

He would be fun to party with.

rico 09-03-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9933131)
Rico is that you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha no, Mr. Sauto...but I appreciate being acknowledged and would actually love to take credit for that post. It's a thoroughly written, unique/new perspective regarding Tyler Bray compared to the other maturity posts I've read (and I've read a lot). So thanks for that too, home-diddly!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 09:08 AM

What up rico?

L.A. Chieffan 09-03-2013 09:14 AM

I agree with the Tennessee fan statement.

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 9934041)

I still think Bray has the best QB skill set of any QB in this draft. Problem is, every NFL team probably saw that too. And for a QB with that skill set, they're going to rely on more than just an interview and a police report. I mean, even the Honey Badger got drafted.

So I disagree that these are garbage stories. These are legit character concerns. But so far in his NFL career, he's done the right things (and then some) and I think he's in as good a situation as you'd want for a QB like this. I'm willing to put the past behind him, but I'm not going to suggest he's changed until he proves he can do it long-term.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 09:26 AM

His time to rape this pathetic division is soon.

BigCatDaddy 09-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9935047)
I still think Bray has the best QB skill set of any QB in this draft. Problem is, every NFL team probably saw that too. And for a QB with that skill set, they're going to rely on more than just an interview and a police report. I mean, even the Honey Badger got drafted.

So I disagree that these are garbage stories. These are legit character concerns. But so far in his NFL career, he's done the right things (and then some) and I think he's in as good a situation as you'd want for a QB like this. I'm willing to put the past behind him, but I'm not going to suggest he's changed until he proves he can do it long-term.

Is still seems odd. It's not like the guy raped or killed anybody. Like you mentioned there are and have been guys drafted high with concerns similar to his. Unless he said in the interviews that he planned a future gender change I don't see what could have made him drop like a rock like that.

O.city 09-03-2013 10:04 AM

IIRC, the term sociopath was thrown around during interview time. So I'd say that would tend to make a guy drop pretty far.

rico 09-03-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935029)
What up rico?

Not shit.

Well, alotta shit since the Fall semester started. Ugh.

You?

Mav 09-03-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9935122)
Is still seems odd. It's not like the guy raped or killed anybody. Like you mentioned there are and have been guys drafted high with concerns similar to his. Unless he said in the interviews that he planned a future gender change I don't see what could have made him drop like a rock like that.

As weird as it sounds, in a draft class that was this pathetic at qb, qbs that have character concerns, would be considered as not worth the trouble.

That's all I can really guess.

You would think someone would of chucked a late round pick at him. After all, Renfree from Duke got drafted. HES TERRIBLE.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 10:30 AM

Only young, potential franchise QB in the division....NICE

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9935140)
Not shit.

Well, alotta shit since the Fall semester started. Ugh.

You?

Have had a bad week or so bud. Got the ole blindside from a pretty great girl.

Mav 09-03-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935170)
Have had a bad week or so bud. Got the ole blindside from a pretty great girl.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9935182)
Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks...BTW...I don't "hate" or even dislike ya man.

Mav 09-03-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935188)
Thanks...BTW...I don't "hate" or even dislike ya man.

:toast:

All good.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9935041)
I agree with the Tennessee fan statement.

Thank God; I can breathe now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935166)
Only young, potential franchise QB in the division....NICE

This. Call me when Axl puts up three in one quarter. I'll be waiting...

Mav 09-03-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935414)

Fix your post dude.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330829012

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9935421)

:LOL: No.

Three Touchdowns, sir.

Mav 09-03-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935426)
:LOL: No.

Three Touchdowns, sir.

lol, im waiting for alex to throw 3 in a game as well!

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935414)

Was a knock on those POS in Assweiler and Pryor...

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935543)
Was a knock on those POS in Assweiler and Pryor...

When Manning dies, Donkeys have nothing.

Nothing.

KC_Lee 09-03-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935546)

Nothing.

And that suits me just fine.

Easy 6 09-03-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9935125)
IIRC, the term sociopath was thrown around during interview time.

Theres your confirmation, folks... he IS the new Marino.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9935585)
Theres your confirmation, folks... he IS the new Marino.

Sweet!

Easy 6 09-03-2013 03:10 PM

GIMME A B!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9935602)
GIMME A B!

B!

Easy 6 09-03-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935604)
B!

GIMME AN R!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9935609)
GIMME AN R!

R!

Easy 6 09-03-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935612)
R!

NOW GIMME AN O - D - Y!

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 03:26 PM

ROFL

BigCatDaddy 09-03-2013 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9935625)
NOW GIMME AN O - D - Y!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2013 03:28 PM

No. I shall not.

I will however **** his old lady for you.

-End Of Line.

vailpass 09-03-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9935546)

Nothing.

Until we get another one. And we will. Mean time this isn't a bad place to be.

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2013 01:58 AM

"I felt very good about Tyler and the way he performed. Does he have room to grow? Absolutely, and that's what's exciting about the whole thing. He handled what we threw at him; he executed well and had a knack for throwing the football." -- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid on rookie quarterback Tyler Bray.

Red Gorilla 09-04-2013 06:30 AM

All I know is I am happy we have three legit QBs and that's the way it should be.

1. We have a real starter.

2. We have a real back up.

3. We have a real project player who isn't just there to hold a clip board.

I feel like we have a chance to win with any of these guys starting this year.

It hasn't been this way in a long long time.

BigCatDaddy 09-04-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gorilla (Post 9936917)
All I know is I am happy we have three legit QBs and that's the way it should be.

2. <B>We have a real back up.</B>

3. We have a real project player who isn't just there to hold a clip board.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSjvTctIAAAB8uj.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-04-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WrjwaqZfjIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FlaChief58 09-04-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

NSFW
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YhkNLHictW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR 09-04-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9935665)
Until we get another one. And we will. Mean time this isn't a bad place to be.

Your franchise isn't gun shy about drafting the position. So I have no doubt you'll find a solution eventually.

It ain't Assweiler, though o:-)

FlaChief58 09-04-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9937620)
Your franchise isn't gun shy about drafting the position. So I have no doubt you'll find a solution eventually.

According to my buddy the donkey homer (& winner of his last 2 ff SBs, so he knows his football) Osweiler is the next PM just waiting in the wings while PM wins 4 more rings. We're ****ing doomed :deevee:

vailpass 09-04-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9937620)

Don't know. Was never a big fan. Gotta keep trying, it's a numbers game.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-08-2013 08:03 AM

@tbrayvol8: Do you know where the wild things go? http://t.co/cERthFO27g

Mr_Tomahawk 09-08-2013 02:58 PM

@tbrayvol8: Wish I was going home to this one right now. 4 more days and counting. http://t.co/49awl9dnx0

Oregon chief 09-11-2013 07:53 PM

Is there a thread about Bray and the possible ncaa violations yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...202513237.html

Mr_Tomahawk 09-11-2013 07:55 PM

Meh...too late now

KcMizzou 09-11-2013 07:56 PM

NFL doesn't give a shit.

Oregon chief 09-11-2013 08:18 PM

The article has a ton of stuff in it. Bray is not the focus. This could have major impact on some SEC teams, mostly Alabama it sounds like.

Oregon chief 09-11-2013 08:19 PM

It was a ton of content that they published.

chiefzilla1501 09-11-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon chief (Post 9964461)
The article has a ton of stuff in it. Bray is not the focus. This could have major impact on some SEC teams, mostly Alabama it sounds like.

It won't have an impact on anybody.

The selective enforcement police will let this slide. The NCAA is a ****ing joke, and all of it would have been fine if they didn't selectively choose teams and players to punish, and selectively choose teams and players to get off the hook.

Oregon chief 09-11-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9964676)
It won't have an impact on anybody.

The selective enforcement police will let this slide. The NCAA is a ****ing joke, and all of it would have been fine if they didn't selectively choose teams and players to punish, and selectively choose teams and players to get off the hook.

I don't know about that. The NCAA is a joke and I won't defend them, but this seems to have lots of hard evidence teed up for them. Many of the other NCAA cases that didn't get punished seemed to fall apart because they couldn't get any real proof of anything.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-11-2013 09:18 PM

Bray's only crime:

Not being douchey enough.

wasi 09-12-2013 01:19 AM

Dumb move

Bray is no longer listed on the Chiefs roster according to the new Chiefs Mobile app that is available. :grr:

keg in kc 09-12-2013 01:20 AM

He's still listed on the active roster and the depth chart on kcchiefs.com

wasi 09-12-2013 01:28 AM

No Fisher either.. bust

Discuss Thrower 09-12-2013 02:03 AM

Seems like this might have contributed to Bray's fall in the draft, don't you think?

which is totally fiiiiiiine by me.

KCSLC2008 09-12-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasi (Post 9965138)
Bray is no longer listed on the Chiefs roster according to the new Chiefs Mobile app that is available. :grr:

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9965139)
He's still listed on the active roster and the depth chart on kcchiefs.com

Yeah, an active roster is different than the roster. In a game, teams are allowed to have 46 active roster players, not 53. This is done because all teams will have some injuries that either remove or hinder a player a lot and the assumption is that there will be 46 at least healthy. It levels the field number-wise - but of course, an injury to say, Manning, is different than their third string runningback.

keg in kc 09-12-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSLC2008 (Post 9965168)
Yeah, an active roster is different than the roster. In a game, teams are allowed to have 46 active roster players, not 53. This is done because all teams will have some injuries that either remove or hinder a player a lot and the assumption is that there will be 46 at least healthy. It levels the field number-wise - but of course, an injury to say, Manning, is different than their third string runningback.

Well, that was random.

ayleswbj 09-12-2013 10:15 AM

Is any of this a surprise at all, Bray's a dumb dumb. Is, was, always will be. Gar----Bage!!

HoneyBadger 09-12-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9965680)
Is any of this a surprise at all, Bray's a dumb dumb. Is, was, always will be. Gar----Bage!!

Do you ever wonder why your rep is red?

I'll give a hint: you say stupid shit.

rico 09-13-2013 10:14 PM

For those interested or haven't seen this discussion yet, this link hands down, has some of the most interesting Tyler Bray talk.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ws-rumors.html

That Tennessee fanbase is so split on him. Some fans really, really like him Some of them simply hopes he succeeds because "he wore orange." Some of them absolutely despise him.

Pretty interesting how this shit unraveled.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-17-2013 07:46 PM

I miss you.

In58men 09-17-2013 08:50 PM

ROFL

BossChief 09-17-2013 09:17 PM

If Bray can keep his focus on his playbook and his ears as close to Alex Smith as possible, he will be a special player once he gets his chance.

He needs to sit back and learn the intricacies of the short and intermediate passing game while keeping his downfield mentality...if he does, he can be one he k of a special pocket passer.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-17-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9989233)
If Bray can keep his focus on his playbook and his ears as close to Alex Smith as possible, he will be a special player once he gets his chance.

He needs to sit back and learn the intricacies of the short and intermediate passing game while keeping his downfield mentality...if he does, he can be one he k of a special pocket passer.

And stay away from Danielssssssssssssssssss....