ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet What annoys the hell out of you about CP? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268073)

007 12-29-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9246865)
Because getting busted can cost you your job or get you thrown in jail. If you have kids, it could get your kids taken away. What if your dealer, or one of your pothead friends, gets pinched, and gives you up to get a deal? Is it really worth it?

Like I said, it's not a big deal to me. I don't care who smokes pot as long as they don't do it around me. And it's not like I'd get all weepy if you got busted. Is the risk small? Sure. But the consequences can be severe.

Drives me nuts when people sit there and say it shouldn't be illegal. Well guess what. IT IS. So go ahead and do it but don't bitch if you are caught. mkay?

Frazod 12-29-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9247704)
Does it still count as irresponsible if you live in Colorado and have an employer that doesn't care?

I guess you missed my earlier post, where I said I thought pot should be completely legal.

Most of us don't live in such a place.

Ace Gunner 12-29-2012 07:39 AM

soon black men will come to colorado and rape your wives and force you to smoke it and then you will jump to your death. that'll learn ya /uncle sam

DaFace 12-29-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9247843)
I guess you missed my earlier post, where I said I thought pot should be completely legal.

No, I saw that. My question was simply whether the legal status was the entire basis for your opinion. Your statement that people need to "Grow the **** up" sounds like it's more than a legal thing, which is why I wondered.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9246865)
Because getting busted can cost you your job or get you thrown in jail. If you have kids, it could get your kids taken away. What if your dealer, or one of your pothead friends, gets pinched, and gives you up to get a deal? Is it really worth it?

Like I said, it's not a big deal to me. I don't care who smokes pot as long as they don't do it around me. And it's not like I'd get all weepy if you got busted. Is the risk small? Sure. But the consequences can be severe.

Yeah... most of this applies to growing or dealing weed, not buying.

If you get caught with a bag of weed, you'll get a ticket in most states.

I mean, if you're white.

Minorities probably get 2-5 mandatory.

whoman69 12-29-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9247843)

Even if you did, employers don't have to put up with stoned employees any more than they do for drunk employees. In Colorado drinking and pot are legal, but they can still get you fired.

Bugeater 12-29-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9248539)
Even if you did, employers don't have to put up with stoned employees any more than they do for drunk employees. In Colorado drinking and pot are legal, but they can still get you fired.

Hell you don't even have to be stoned at work for it to get you fired. You just have to have it in your system.

KurtCobain 12-29-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9248575)
Hell you don't even have to be stoned at work for it to get you fired. You just have to have it in your system.

Which is a thirty day thing

Bugeater 12-29-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9248581)
Which is a thirty day thing

Not necessarily. What's bullshit is you could go out and get drunk as hell and do blow all night on a Friday night, and be ok on Monday. But if you take a couple hits of weed on a Friday night, you could lose your job on Monday.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-29-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9248591)
Not necessarily. What's bullshit is you could go out and get drunk as hell and do blow all night on a Friday night, and be ok on Monday. But if you take a couple hits of weed on a Friday night, you could lose your job on Monday.

I could use a good casserole right now. What might you be offering today?

Bugeater 12-29-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9248639)
I could use a good casserole right now. What might you be offering today?

A delicious ham, egg and cheese casserole.

http://jwrecipes.com/wp-content/uplo...Casserole1.jpg

DaFace 12-29-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9248648)

Mmmm...casserole....

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-29-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9248648)

mmmmmm..... I'll have seconds.

KurtCobain 12-29-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9248591)

My po has this new test that can test for alcohol up to four days. You could get drunk Friday night and get busted still on Tuesday morning. Its sick. I wonder how long till other agencies start using it.

Bugeater 12-29-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9248657)
My po has this new test that can test for alcohol up to four days. You could get drunk Friday night and get busted still on Tuesday morning. Its sick. I wonder how long till other agencies start using it.

I guess I have a little different opinion when it comes to a PO. If you're on probation you need to keep your nose clean. What I have an issue with is your employer having control over your personal time, especially somewhere where weed is legal.