ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

Mother****erJones 05-02-2013 08:45 AM

Glad we got 2 book end tackles **** it. Would have liked a guy like Austin but oh well.

penbrook 05-02-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 9651984)
I'm so tired of the idiots on the radio talking about moving Albert to guard or right tackle. I don't give a shit if we drafted fisher number one overall. Albert is a damn good left tackle.

Agreed.

aturnis 05-02-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9651913)
Albert tested the waters and found out that nobody is willing to give the guy what he wants to play LT being as you can now draft one for half the cost and have just as good or better value. He sees the guys that will be coming out in the draft next year and realizes that at 30 years old, he better play ball or his career will get derailed. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get good guard money on a long term deal and have Fisher as the LT

Disagree. I don't think anybody wanted to trade a 2nd rounder and a big contract. If they didn't have to give up picks for him, Albert would be playing in another city right now.

I don't know what everyone thinks he was asking, but my understanding is about 8mil per. Not out of this world LT money by any means. Hell, top G's in the league make more than that...

aturnis 05-02-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9651940)
yes, that is the report. But if Miami was only offering a 3rd, also the report, then Alberts agent has to know that next year isn't going to be any better, and most likely worse for his client to get a good deal.

Depends on how good of a year he has this year...

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9651982)
Don't worry guys, I've got this:

He's talking about Ziggy Ansah, clearly.

Hountouka?

aturnis 05-02-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9651947)
Hey, I was just respecting the guy's opinion. Dion was my choice for the Chiefs. I think he's going to be an elite sacker in this league. You can't have enough of those guys. Houston, Hali, and Jordan would've been amazing IMO.

Outside of Geno, who turned into a 2nd rounder, Dion Jordan was my pick. I mean 1 QB went in the entire 1st round. What's that say? And who here wanted EJ Manuel with the 1st pick in the draft? Bad timing for us. A lot of people say they're smarter than Reid and Dorsey, but they'd be idiots to say they're smarter than everyone in the league.

Too many of Dion's sacks came uncontested for me. I think he'll be solid all the way around, but not a stud rusher. Basically Tamba...

Coogs 05-02-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9651990)
I suspect that the Chiefs & Cardinals are discussing a trade for Brandon Albert. Just a feeling. No pics, no links, no evidence...so I will gladly GTFO. Have a nice day.

The piece on Total Access last night said Albert will not be traded. :shrug:

ptlyon 05-02-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9651977)
There's a handful of top notch OTs in next years draft.

Thank god. Don't want another DT

penbrook 05-02-2013 09:25 AM

Andy reid to be on SiriusXm nfl radio at 2 ET to talk draft and Branden Albert.

Lex Luthor 05-02-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9651933)
He and Miami agreed on compensation as a LT you do realize this yes?

I don't realize that. What I realize is that some report out of Miami made that claim. But as we know, reports are often just as wrong as the report that said Andy Reid was going to coach the Cardinals.

Lex Luthor 05-02-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 9651984)
I'm so tired of the idiots on the radio talking about moving Albert to guard or right tackle. I don't give a shit if we drafted fisher number one overall. Albert is a damn good left tackle.

What if Fisher is better? Do we leave Albert at left tackle anyway?

ptlyon 05-02-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9652087)
What if Fisher is better? Do we leave Albert at left tackle anyway?

Just...
Don't.

seaofred 05-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9652084)
I don't realize that. What I realize is that some report out of Miami made that claim. But as we know, reports are often just as wrong as the report that said Andy Reid was going to coach the Cardinals.

If you follow Omar Kelly on twitter, he says the Dolphins and Albert never agreed on a contract. I don't know how reliable he is, but he is the Dolphins beat reporter.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2013 10:10 AM

Why do people say you just don't draft a RT at 1.1 ? Money

Money is not an issue with the new rookie salary cap.

Is it because they aren't protecting blind side. I'd like to see stats on sacks from each side of the line. I see far too many stunts and sacks coming from the RT side.

I say RT is just as important as LT. And we are now set !

KC_Lee 05-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9652181)
Why do people say you just don't draft a RT at 1.1 ? Money

Money is not an issue with the new rookie salary cap.

Is it because they aren't protecting blind side. I'd like to see stats on sacks from each side of the line. I see far too many stunts and sacks coming from the RT side.

I say RT is just as important as LT. And we are now set !

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg