ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek 12 Gets Release Date (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221538)

Hammock Parties 04-04-2013 11:14 AM

All the Star Treks on bluray for $35.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...4QK6P32PWZ4Y9K

Frazod 04-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9556143)
All the Star Treks on bluray for $35.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...4QK6P32PWZ4Y9K

I've already got II, III and VI on blu-ray. Those are the only ones with the original cast worth buying.

Fire Me Boy! 04-04-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9556335)
I've already got II, III and VI on blu-ray. Those are the only ones with the original cast worth buying.

:spock:

Chieficus 04-04-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9553510)
Yeah, wondered the same thing. I'm guessing he's seen it.

He says a couple of things in the article like:
Spoiler!

So it sounds like he hasn't seen the film, or at least not the whole thing, which comes back to: how does he know?

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 12:36 PM

I must admit, Star Trek the Motion Picture has grown on me a lil over the years. The cast was fairly young and svelte still....

Frazod 04-04-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9556377)
:spock:

III was sort of like Return of the Jedi - some good parts surrounded by shit.

Hammock Parties 04-04-2013 12:47 PM

All six original Treks are worth owning.

Shit man, I love row, row, row your boat.

Frazod 04-04-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9556511)
All six original Treks are worth owning.

Shit man, I love row, row, row your boat.

Screw that. I don't even like IV. While I recognize it's an entertaining movie, it's not Star Trek. It would be like Godfather film where Sonny, Fredo and Michael go work at a department store. Doesn't matter if it's good or not - it's not what it's supposed to be.

keg in kc 04-04-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9556537)
Screw that. I don't even like IV. While I recognize it's an entertaining movie, it's not Star Trek. It would be like Godfather film where Sonny, Fredo and Michael go work at a department store. Doesn't matter if it's good or not - it's not what it's supposed to be.

I hated 4, with that greenpeace whale bullshit.

I thought i was the only one.

Frazod 04-04-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9556562)
I hated 4, with that greenpeace whale bullshit.

I thought i was the only one.

I didn't hate it. I've watched it a few times over the years. It's funny and has a good story. It's just not Star Trek. It's like the crew having a group vacation between viable movies/episodes and somebody brought a camera along.

For Star Trek you need (a) a solid villain and (b) space battles. Chasing down a whaling ship in a Klingon bird of prey doesn't count.

And it also helps if Star Trek has the ENTERPRISE for more than the last ten seconds, too.

**** the whales.

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 01:25 PM

Can you tell me where the Nuuuucleeaar Vvvvveeessles are?

DaneMcCloud 04-04-2013 01:38 PM

If this guy's spoiler info is correct (and I am extremely skeptical that it is), it's a damn good thing that Disney/LucasFilm hired writers outside of Abrams typical sphere of dumbasses, especially Lindelof.

For all the bluster and goodwill that Abrams created with his take on Star Trek, it really wasn't a very good film.

The best part was casting, IMO.

Hammock Parties 04-04-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9556537)

Why is it not Star Trek?

Lots of episodes from TOS have the cast traveling in time and doing stuff not in the 23rd century.

Fire Me Boy! 04-04-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9556640)
I didn't hate it. I've watched it a few times over the years. It's funny and has a good story. It's just not Star Trek. It's like the crew having a group vacation between viable movies/episodes and somebody brought a camera along.

For Star Trek you need (a) a solid villain and (b) space battles. Chasing down a whaling ship in a Klingon bird of prey doesn't count.

And it also helps if Star Trek has the ENTERPRISE for more than the last ten seconds, too.

**** the whales.

You lost me at the implication that III and V are viable movies.

Hammock Parties 04-04-2013 01:59 PM

There's nothing wrong with Star Trek III.

Christopher Lloyd is a little hammy but that's fine.

It's a beautiful movie about life, love, loss and friendship. :crybaby: