ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

htismaqe 09-04-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8876195)
Yup -- Hali falls down or is pushed down 7/10 times. Most all my sacks come from Houston or Tjax. I rarely blitz DJ.
Hali's power move skill is pretty low -- his finesse moves, however, are very high.. Maybe we're not using the sticks right?

Madden is garbage. :D

Unsmooth-Moment 09-04-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8876195)
Yup -- Hali falls down or is pushed down 7/10 times. Most all my sacks come from Houston or Tjax. I rarely blitz DJ.
Hali's power move skill is pretty low -- his finesse moves, however, are very high.. Maybe we're not using the sticks right?

Yeah same here. I get near 3-4 sacks a game from Houston's side of the field.

Fishpicker 09-04-2012 10:48 AM

I have success rushing with Poe in the 1-4-6 just pressing down on the RS. If I try to play as Hali or Houston, I usually just fall down

lcarus 09-04-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8876546)
I have success rushing with Poe in the 1-4-6 just pressing down on the RS. If I try to play as Hali or Houston, I usually just fall down

Somehow I have more success controlling Houston. With Hali, he just falls down. Strange

Sorter 09-04-2012 11:54 AM

The last three years, Tamba has been ****ing worthless in Madden. It absolutely infuriates me.

royr17 09-04-2012 12:25 PM

i have success running the 3-4 with the ends being Poe and Powe and Toribio in the middle. linebackers are able to do their jobs, and there is no stopping Hali and Houston cause of Poe and Powe requiring double teams.

ThaVirus 09-04-2012 12:27 PM

I've been playing on All-Pro. I'm like 5-3 or something into week 10.

Houston and T Jax are monsters in pass rushing. Dorsey is a useless piece of shit. Tamba is pretty good, he has a couple less sacks than either T Jax or Houston, but he's stout against the run. Poe's strength helps out a lot; I think he has about the same amount of sacks as Tamba.

I never hear Belcher, Lewis or Routt's names called. For Routt that's a good thing, not so much for Belcher although my run defense is pretty good. Lewis is just ok, not a glaring hole but I plan on replacing him in the draft with a faster player as I usually user-control the FS. Flowers locks his side down and Berry is amazing.

The Chargers are up on me in the division race but I actually already beat them twice. It's looking like I'll make the playoffs either as the division champ or wildcard but we'll see.

I can't wait to get to the offseason and see how they've tweaked it. I also can't wait to replace ol' Matty Cass. I have my eye on a mid-1st round QB that I'm looking to grab. There's another that's projected to go #1 that I want but I can't trade the farm for him. I lowballed Albert and now he's going to hit the free agent market (lol, asshole) and Lilja is bothering me about resigning but I think I'm going to let him walk. I was also thinking of letting Dorsey walk but I think that will be too much to fix in one offseason.

ThaVirus 09-04-2012 12:36 PM

As far as the game itself is concerned, I have to say I like it. It feels more natural than previous installments.

I haven't had the issues some are complaining about with speed. I keep the auto-sprint on but turn off auto-strafe. I generally average anywhere from 3.5-6 YPC with Charles so no need to change it.

The two complaints I have so far are the GameFace and All-Madden. I uploaded my GameFace and it shows that I have it, but when I go to create a coach or player it's just the generic created guy. My GameFace shows up when I'm checking stats and things (the pic at the top), but on the field it's the other guy. Not a huge issue but kind of annoying.

All-Madden is by far the most annoying shit ever. I played my first 3 games on it and about threw my ****ing remote 19 different times. It's not so much harder than it is cheap as hell and it's ****ing infuriating. I had Charles drop 2 legitimate, wide open TD passes in 7 point games. Stevan Ridley (who the **** is that guy?) broke 3 different tackles on the first play of my second game for an 80 yard TD. It's just bullshit. If they made the game tougher all around I could understand, but that kind of shit is unacceptable. It was so obviously just cheap bullshit that I couldn't help lowering the skill rating to All-Pro.

And another thing, I've been playing 5 minute quarters with accelerated game clock. I'm not getting quite realistic game stats so how long of quarters would you guys recommend and should I keep the accelerate clock running?

lcarus 09-04-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8876740)
The last three years, Tamba has been ****ing worthless in Madden. It absolutely infuriates me.

His ratings are beast this year at least

Lzen 09-04-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8876819)
As far as the game itself is concerned, I have to say I like it. It feels more natural than previous installments.

I haven't had the issues some are complaining about with speed. I keep the auto-sprint on but turn off auto-strafe. I generally average anywhere from 3.5-6 YPC with Charles so no need to change it.

The two complaints I have so far are the GameFace and All-Madden. I uploaded my GameFace and it shows that I have it, but when I go to create a coach or player it's just the generic created guy. My GameFace shows up when I'm checking stats and things (the pic at the top), but on the field it's the other guy. Not a huge issue but kind of annoying.

All-Madden is by far the most annoying shit ever. I played my first 3 games on it and about threw my ****ing remote 19 different times. It's not so much harder than it is cheap as hell and it's ****ing infuriating. I had Charles drop 2 legitimate, wide open TD passes in 7 point games. Stevan Ridley (who the **** is that guy?) broke 3 different tackles on the first play of my second game for an 80 yard TD. It's just bullshit. If they made the game tougher all around I could understand, but that kind of shit is unacceptable. It was so obviously just cheap bullshit that I couldn't help lowering the skill rating to All-Pro.

And another thing, I've been playing 5 minute quarters with accelerated game clock. I'm not getting quite realistic game stats so how long of quarters would you guys recommend and should I keep the accelerate clock running?

I run 8 min quarters with accelerated clock to 25 seconds.

The Franchise 09-04-2012 01:51 PM

Anyone made it to the first FA or Draft yet? I want to know how those look.

Aspengc8 09-05-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8876803)
i have success running the 3-4 with the ends being Poe and Powe and Toribio in the middle. linebackers are able to do their jobs, and there is no stopping Hali and Houston cause of Poe and Powe requiring double teams.

There are no double teams in Madden pass blocking.

Only a select few runnings plays actually have a double team, then the blocker tries to peel to second leve. As far as true double teams.. not in Madden.

This has been a problem of the line blocking AI for the past several years.

LiL stumppy 09-05-2012 02:25 PM

Picked it up lastnight. Have not Played madden since 08 on ps2. I really enjoy this game. I think its way more fun than ncaa. The off season mode is awesome. They actuslly talk about prospects for the draft during the season, I thought that was awesome. I traded Casshole, and traded up to the number 5 spot to try and draft a Qb who was supposed to go 6th. To my suprise, the guy who was supposed to go 1st overall slid to the number 5 slot, so I drafted an awesome qb. To me, that showed it doesnt always draft the bpa for every team. All teams ahead of me had good qb's, and didnt need one. I assumed if he was projected to go number one overall, he would. But he didnt so I thought that was cool.

In my first season Tamba had 1 sack? I had no idea why, but im using him as a user player now to try and beef those stats up. Overall though I really like the game.

The Franchise 09-05-2012 02:33 PM

How are the draft prospects turning out? I'm interested to see how they are....since you can't import a draft class.

royr17 09-05-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8879263)
There are no double teams in Madden pass blocking.

Only a select few runnings plays actually have a double team, then the blocker tries to peel to second leve. As far as true double teams.. not in Madden.

This has been a problem of the line blocking AI for the past several years.

well whatever, all i know is that whenever i put Powe, Toribio, and Poe as my defensive lineman, my linebackers were in the backfield on almost every single play and the lineman were even breakin through to get after the qb.