ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Len Dawson interviews Pioli... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266141)

Deberg_1990 11-05-2012 06:44 AM

I didnt catch where he said that expectations were too high? But they haven't aired the full interview yet.

InChiefsHeaven 11-05-2012 06:45 AM

Scott, regardless of how hard people work, you have to see the results on Sunday. After 4 seasons as the teams quarterback, it is obvious that Cassel has not gotten the job done. Even if you say that the 2010 season was a good one, he still had a horrible game when the Ravens dispatched the Chiefs in the first round of the playoffs at Arrowhead. Any regrets about signing him to such a long contract without having seen him play for the Chiefs?

oldman 11-05-2012 06:50 AM

The piece(s) that aired last night left a lot of questions unanswered. I think we were all hoping for Lenny to bring some heat, but the way it aired made that impossible. I did notice that Lenny seemed to be pretty straight on and wasn't buying a lot of what Pioli was saying. I don't understand why that aired last night when the rest won't air until before the game next week.

Dave Lane 11-05-2012 07:10 AM

"Expectations should be higher than what they've been in the past. I mean, it's only right," Pioli said Tuesday. "We're in our fourth season in this program. We've done a lot of work to retain very good players in Derrick Johnsons and Tamba Halis to Jamaal Charles and some other players, but we've also added some other good players. I feel we have a really good coaching staff intact. Expectations should be high.

Al Bundy 11-05-2012 07:12 AM

Still as confident in Romeo as he was when he hired? WTF?

the Talking Can 11-05-2012 07:25 AM

lenny asking the tough questions:

can I shine your shoes, master?

can I fetch you a turkey pot pie, sir?

BlackHelicopters 11-05-2012 07:39 AM

Will Masters of CP please post the entire interview if/when available. I hope Lenny asks about Scott's shoe size. Muchas gracias.

raybec 4 11-05-2012 09:00 AM

Chiefs fans dating service

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t6vrLScy6uE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 11-05-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9085273)
That also means this dipshit would be picking our QBOTF. We are ****ed!

With the #1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft....the Kansas City Chiefs select....Landry Jones, Quarterback, Oklahoma

:mad:

lcarus 11-05-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9085668)
Chiefs fans dating service

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t6vrLScy6uE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now I remember why I never watched MadTV.

Dayze 11-05-2012 09:31 AM

dude the Coach Hines skits are aweseome. I think everyone had a gym teacher like that. I know i Did, though it was in middle school. he had all sorts of saying that made zero sense.

htismaqe 11-05-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9085508)

All I can think of is that he had ZERO confidence in Romeo the day he was hired.

So he's not lying when he still has the same level of confidence in Romeo now.

Either that or he's not commenting AT ALL on whether or not he has confidence in Romeo, the HEAD COACH.

I mean, I'm sure he's still supremely confident that Romeo will stick his tail between his legs and do whatever Pioli tells him to do.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9085508)

He has been friends with Romeo for like 35 years or more...I don't expect a different answer to that question no matter what he truly thinks. The problem here is the type of softball questions that were aired because that's what PR decided to release. I may be wrong, but it sure seems like damage control and a sympathy piece that is attempting to help the fans relate to Pioli...hence the sweatpants and casual attire he has worn for the last 5 interviews or so since the teams level of suck has reached epic proportions.

htismaqe 11-05-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9085780)
He has been friends with Romeo for like 35 years or more...I don't expect a different answer to that question no matter what he truly thinks. The problem here is the type of softball questions that were aired because that's what PR decided to release. I may be wrong, but it sure seems like damage control and a sympathy piece that is attempting to help the fans relate to Pioli...hence the sweatpants and casual attire he has worn for the last 5 interviews or so since the teams level of suck has reached epic proportions.

Yep.

They're trying to garner sympathy.

Too bad it's TOTALLY TRANSPARENT.

He wasn't an "average Joe" until they were 1-7 and banners started flying above home games.

Even a lot of ardent homers can see this guy is a complete fraud.

Bearcat 11-05-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary (Post 9085483)
Where is the question about QB competition?

"Scott, you promised to bring true competition to the QB position this year in order to up the level of play at that position. Kyle Orton left to be a backup for the Dallas Cowboys and you signed Brady Quinn who has not started for approximately 3 years. How can you possibly call that true QB competition?"

Way too direct.... the "tough questions" need to be phrased in a way that would force him to throw someone under the bus, which of course he won't do... or a vague question regarding the past that any reasonable person could admit fault to and not lose any sleep.... this is the Midwest, damnit, we wouldn't want to put someone in the position of feeling like they have to tell the brutal truth.