ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Official Royals vs. Red Sox 9/12 Game Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286476)

lcarus 09-12-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 10907459)
I am actually beginning to think the Royals could lose out and finished 80-82. To make matters worse James Shields is a free agent at the end of the year and ever since Detroit acquired David Price I've considered them the fav to land Shields in FA.

I've been trying to decapitate myself with no luck. Any tips?

lewdog 09-12-2014 11:03 PM

So I sat back down and had a beer and felt sorry for myself saying...

Demonpenz 09-12-2014 11:57 PM

This season was going to shit until Reyes threw that ball away. I think the creme will rise to the top and the Royals talent will start winning them ballgames

cmh6476 09-13-2014 12:37 AM

Demonpenz for the next GD streaker

ROYC75 09-13-2014 01:05 AM

Did it work?

Mr. Flopnuts 09-13-2014 04:17 AM

Oakland is collapsing. My biggest fear now is that it's going to be the Royals and Mariners in that 1 game playoff.

cabletech94 09-13-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10907598)
Oakland is collapsing. My biggest fear now is that it's going to be the Royals and Mariners in that 1 game playoff.

i just hope we can stumble into the playoffs. wtf is wrong with the offense (and more frustrating here lately, the defense)?

c'mon royals!!!!!:cuss:

Art Vader 09-13-2014 06:03 AM

:facepalm:

Art Vader 09-13-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10907598)
My biggest fear now is that it's going to be the Royals and Mariners in that 1 game playoff.

then, by some miracle we get up big and the game is all but won,
and we end up losing by 1.

mr. tegu 09-13-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10907379)
This is a sports fan defensive mechanism that is understandable, especially for Royals fans. You don't want to get invested because you are afraid of the pain of losing. Most years we're apathetic because we suck, but when we finally have a good team its scary, and its tempting to try to start softening the pain when the team looks a little shakey. You start convincing yourself that the team isn't really that good, then maybe it wont be so bad when they lose.

I don't really believe in that. I'm all-in. I believe this team can win the division, and I believe they can fight in the ALDS. (I'm not ready to start thinking world series yet)

Losing is supposed to hurt. If you do poorly in the playoffs or if you have a good team miss the playoffs, that is supposed to be painful. Embrace it, the pain makes winning that much sweeter. If the Royals miss the playoffs, I'll be bitterly disappointed and I might not fully get over it until 2015. But, I'm not going to avoid the pain, because losing is supposed to hurt.

For now, I still believe we can win.

I get what you are saying but I still believe we can win the division as well, I just don't think there is much chance of that happening right now.

The fact is though if we lose even one game on Detroit in these next five games we are faced with having to sweep them to pass them. Detroit will probably go 3-2 in these next five games. If we hold that pace then we have a slight chance still. If we don't we are in big trouble and left hoping for a wild card.