ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

The Bad Guy 09-03-2012 09:40 PM

I'm insanely frustrated playing this game online. I get booted in the first quarter of just about every game with the reason being network timeout.

I've checked the router, reset it, ran tests on the PS3. Can't figure it out.

It's frustrating as hell.

lcarus 09-03-2012 09:45 PM

I need to play on all-madden I think. I was on allpro against the Saints, 6 minute qtrs, accelerated play clock, and I had 478 yards and 7 TDs with Charles.....

Mostly just ran the i-form, HB Outside Zone play. I also picked off Brees like 6 times. I hope all-madden isn't too cheap because all-pro is too easy and I hate messing around with sliders. I never saw how it should be up to the player to adjust the difficulty of every aspect of the game.

mcan 09-03-2012 10:15 PM

im a big fan if this years' iteration. its been a few years since I've played, and I'm out of practice. Definitely playing on pro right now. And winning fairly easily. But having a big problem stopping people unless I 'guess' run or pass, etc... With the L2 trigger presnap. Looking forward to getting better and moving to some slider tweaked allpro or all madden games. I play 15 min quarters with acc clock so that the games have a realistic number of plays and drives.

Really wish I could edit players in offline con careers mode though.

royr17 09-04-2012 12:36 AM

Yea it sucks bout not being able to edit player on ccm. i've always liked to play franchise mode and build my team but one thing i like to be able to do is for sure is to use custom rosters and be able to edit players i sign or draft, not so much the ratings but stuff like their equipment and numbers. Anyways i've got some good sliders for all-madden if anybody wants em.

I just got through playing the rams and won 34-26. Cassel threw for 270 yards completing 69 % of his passes 2 TD's and 1 Int, Charles ran for 166 on 26 carriers, 2 TD's with a 6.3 ypc avg. Baldwin had 7 catches for 82 yards and 1 TD, Bowe had 4 catches for 61 yards and McCluster had 4 catches for 43 yards. Was a fun game, just sucks not being able to really get after their qb or shut down their passing game and but was able to shut down their run game.

Bradford threw for 265 and Jackson had only 17 carries for 51 yards and 1 TD, Pead had 5 carries for 24 yards.

So if anybody just now starting to play wants to try these sliders, just shoot me a pm and i'll give them to you.

Gonzo 09-04-2012 07:28 AM

Heh, been playing customized all madden, not doing too bad.
I'm undefeated through 10.
Cassel and Charles are tearing shit up, both are top choices for MVP.
I've played 3 games and won in OT.
The saints game was crazy. They jumped out ahead by 17, I roared back with a pick 6 then scored 14 before half.
They made some adjustments I think because half of my usual plays weren't working, they went up by 6.
I tied it up going into OT then ran the spread against them.
Ended up popping right down the field and scoring a GW TD, Cassel to Hillis for 20 yards.

Final score: 37-31

Lzen 09-04-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8875456)
I don't get that issue with Charles. Make sure you've turned off auto-sprint. He's the fastest back I've played with or against.
I'm with you on Hali though. I've gotten maybe 2 sacks in the 6 games I've played online. Maybe I need to get better with his finesse moves.

Yep, turn off auto sprint.

And I seem to get more sacks with Houston than Hali. There is still a little of that BS from last year's game where he falls down. :banghead:

Lzen 09-04-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8875676)
I need to play on all-madden I think. I was on allpro against the Saints, 6 minute qtrs, accelerated play clock, and I had 478 yards and 7 TDs with Charles.....

Mostly just ran the i-form, HB Outside Zone play. I also picked off Brees like 6 times. I hope all-madden isn't too cheap because all-pro is too easy and I hate messing around with sliders. I never saw how it should be up to the player to adjust the difficulty of every aspect of the game.

I played on All Pro for awhile in the last two versions of this game. But I would get beaten when I played online against the better players in my league. I figured that I needed to up my game so I switched to All Madden (for my off line franchise) about halfway through the year. It was frustrating at first. And I had a lot of games that I would get mad and just start over until I figured out how to beat the opponent. Eventually, you figure out that a lot of shorter passes and sticking with the running game is a winning combo. That and some other things. Just try different things until you figure out what works for you.

WhitiE 09-04-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8876103)

And I seem to get more sacks with Houston than Hali. There is still a little of that BS from last year's game where he falls down. :banghead:

yup, houston and DJ get most of mine

Gonzo 09-04-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 8876118)
yup, houston and DJ get most of mine

This...
However, I figured out that if you swap Houston and Hali every few series, Hali gets his ass in there more frequently.
Move him around a little and see what happens.

royr17 09-04-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8876151)
This...
However, I figured out that if you swap Houston and Hali every few series, Hali gets his ass in there more frequently.
Move him around a little and see what happens.

This is very true.

QuikSsurfer 09-04-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8876103)

Yup -- Hali falls down or is pushed down 7/10 times. Most all my sacks come from Houston or Tjax. I rarely blitz DJ.
Hali's power move skill is pretty low -- his finesse moves, however, are very high.. Maybe we're not using the sticks right?

Aspengc8 09-04-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8876195)
Yup -- Hali falls down or is pushed down 7/10 times. Most all my sacks come from Houston or Tjax. I rarely blitz DJ.
Hali's power move skill is pretty low -- his finesse moves, however, are very high.. Maybe we're not using the sticks right?

Its left or right on the R-stick. I've had better luck using the OLB swap package out of nickel 2-4-5 so he is going against the RT. Try to us it just as the OL engages you, and make sure auto sprint is OFF.

QuikSsurfer 09-04-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8876333)
Its left or right on the R-stick. I've had better luck using the OLB swap package out of nickel 2-4-5 so he is going against the RT. Try to us it just as the OL engages you, and make sure auto sprint is OFF.

I'll try the swap package a few times. Turning off auto-sprint and gameflow is the first thing I do upon loading Madden for the first time.
Are you using sprint immediately after the snap and holding it down while pushing left or right on the Right-Stick?

Agent V 09-04-2012 09:43 AM

I absolutely love franchise mode so far. Weekly progression rocks. I'm actually seeing improvement in my team.

A lot of anal sex happening after plays, though. Like, players just start slipping and ****ing each other in the ass.

KC native 09-04-2012 09:50 AM

So I turned off auto sprint. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I'll try moving Hali around and see what that does for me.