ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

hometeam 02-25-2013 11:28 PM

Next week should be all action. Cmon walking dead dont turn in a lackluster s3 like AHS did in s2~

KC_Connection 02-26-2013 02:24 AM

Not good enough from TWD this week. Nobody cares about Andrea making a meaningless journey to say and do nothing in the prison. There wasn't exactly any character development with anybody else either. It's way below the farm episodes when they still had Shane to prop it up.

I thought they had pushed themselves to a higher standard in the first half of this season, but now they're heading back down again. Get it together writers. Hope it's just a one-time thing.

mdchiefsfan 02-26-2013 04:38 AM

LMAO There seems to be a trend here. God that episode 1 sucked. 2? Sucked. 3? Sucked and so on, but then: FINALE ROCKED!!!! CAN"T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!

The episode could have been better, but it wasn't that bad. I thought it was a good build up for the fight to come.

hometeam 02-26-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9440049)
Not good enough from TWD this week. Nobody cares about Andrea making a meaningless journey to say and do nothing in the prison. There wasn't exactly any character development with anybody else either. It's way below the farm episodes when they still had Shane to prop it up.

I thought they had pushed themselves to a higher standard in the first half of this season, but now they're heading back down again. Get it together writers. Hope it's just a one-time thing.

Im wondering why all the sudden Rick is gung ho to go in there and kill the Gov. I mean, where the **** did that come from wasnt he just telling Glen that they couldnt do that shit one episode ago?

Deberg_1990 02-26-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9440950)
Im wondering why all the sudden Rick is gung ho to go in there and kill the Gov. I mean, where the **** did that come from wasnt he just telling Glen that they couldnt do that shit one episode ago?

Didnt the Govenor and his men just attack the prison and try to kill him, his son and several others?

hometeam 02-26-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9440960)
Didnt the Govenor and his men just attack the prison and try to kill him, his son and several others?

Well true but. It seems like that was very sudden, there was nto a single iota of how they felt about that until andrea came in, and rick was super pissed and crazy about it. Just didnt 'fit' right the way that scene went.

melbar 02-26-2013 01:55 PM

Maybe Hershels chewing snapped him out of it and now he's in a "do or die" action mode? Your right not a great setup. Like the Lori thing. Hearing the Director and writers talk they thought all the little clues were obvious what was supposed to happen, but I keep hearing people question whether she is alive or not. Writer was asked last week if she was really dead and he looked a little panicked....should've been a better setup.

Fire Me Boy! 02-26-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9440950)

I attributed it to Herschel's speech about being the leader...

bowener 02-26-2013 06:03 PM

I said it last week or the week before, but this show is boring to me now. There is nothing I find original or appealing about it. I have just been watching it out of habit. I really want to like it, and I really want it to be good TV, but it just isn't. They have obviously moved away from any kind of character development, and sort of moved toward more action (human V. Human though). I can only assume they haven't moved toward more zombie fights simply because either the comics don't have it or they want to save on production costs.

I feel like they are trying to appeal to the broadest audience they can now. Thus the show will get more and more dumbed down each season, and the action scenes will increase, but serve little purpose other than to excite viewers. At this point I do not give a shit about a single character. They could kill Rick in the first 5 minutes of next week's episode and I really wouldn't give a shit. I actually might find myself intrigued by the show again. Everything just ****ing drags out, pointlessly most of the time. Actually, I would really enjoy if everybody but Merle and Daryl were brutally killed off. A show based entirely around them would be much better than Rick and his tired ass storyline./rant

Deberg_1990 02-26-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9442408)
I said it last week or the week before, but this show is boring to me now. There is nothing I find original or appealing about it. I have just been watching it out of habit. I really want to like it, and I really want it to be good TV, but it just isn't. They have obviously moved away from any kind of character development, and sort of moved toward more action (human V. Human though). I can only assume they haven't moved toward more zombie fights simply because either the comics don't have it or they want to save on production costs.

I feel like they are trying to appeal to the broadest audience they can now. Thus the show will get more and more dumbed down each season, and the action scenes will increase, but serve little purpose other than to excite viewers. At this point I do not give a shit about a single character. They could kill Rick in the first 5 minutes of next week's episode and I really wouldn't give a shit. I actually might find myself intrigued by the show again. Everything just ****ing drags out, pointlessly most of the time. Actually, I would really enjoy if everybody but Merle and Daryl were brutally killed off. A show based entirely around them would be much better than Rick and his tired ass storyline./rant

I Honestly think a zombie tv show is sort of limited. Zombies themselves are pretty boring as characters. I like the human vs human element this season, even if some of it is pretty poorly written.

I do wonder what's going to happen next season though once they have moved on from the Govenor and Woodbury. What are they going to do? Run across a new bad guys each season? It's a limited premise for a Tv show.

cabletech94 02-26-2013 07:32 PM

very unimpressed with the episode myself.

curbstomp zombie was okay.

andrea is a dumb bitch (no offense to any of the regular dumb bitches around here). i think there is more to merle than meets the eye. whether that's good or bad. the governor is posturing himself to be his comic badass. just you wait. it will probably take 5 or 6 more episodes as the way this season is turning out.

and for those of you who don't read the comic, give rick time. (hopefully) he will turn. and when i mean turn, if it's like it should be, it'll be worth the wait.

dmahurin 02-26-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9442721)
very unimpressed with the episode myself.

curbstomp zombie was okay.

andrea is a dumb bitch (no offense to any of the regular dumb bitches around here). i think there is more to merle than meets the eye. whether that's good or bad. the governor is posturing himself to be his comic badass. just you wait. it will probably take 5 or 6 more episodes as the way this season is turning out.

and for those of you who don't read the comic, give rick time. (hopefully) he will turn. and when i mean turn, if it's like it should be, it'll be worth the wait.

I like how you see the governor becoming the monster he is as opposed to just straight villain from the start in the comics. I think this chain of events will bring the real Rick out (hopefully).

cabletech94 02-26-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9442821)
I like how you see the governor becoming the monster he is as opposed to just straight villain from the start in the comics. I think this chain of events will bring the real Rick out (hopefully).

epic boner time.

if is a BIG little word!!!:thumb:

CanadianChief 02-26-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9441971)
I attributed it to Herschel's speech about being the leader...

I'm thinking it had more to do with Carl telling him to stop being the leader.

KC_Connection 02-27-2013 12:10 AM

TWD was very good TV for the first half of this season (in fact, it reached its peak as a show in the episode with Lori's death, IMO), so I don't buy the idea that it isn't/can't be. They're not of consistent high quality right now, though.