ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-09-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10475996)
Also for the guys here that do online dating, what are your thoughts in the last few minutes right before you meet a chick for the first time?

The other night was my first date with someone I met online, and I was sweating bullets that I hoped she was attractive and looked like she did in the photos. That was literally all I could think about.

That is always a thought for sure. How did it go?

GordonGekko 03-09-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10476012)
That is always a thought for sure. How did it go?

It went ok. I drank, she doesn't and did not drink with me so that sucked. I had about 4 beers and I was pretty much toasted (I don't drink too much myself). It was a good time but the chemistry I felt wasn't there and I decided about half way through that this was not for me long term.

I did kind of push to keep the night going (fishing for a possible hookup) because I was having a decent time, but because she didn't drink this blew up in my face a bit.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10476165)
I did kind of push to keep the night going (fishing for a possible hookup) because I was having a decent time, but because she didn't drink this blew up in my face a bit.

You're a creep.

PS - If they don't drink, take them to coffee.

Canofbier 03-09-2014 09:41 PM

Man, the last few pages of this thread have been dark. Keep your chins up, lads! I will too.

GordonGekko 03-09-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10476179)
You're a creep.

PS - If they don't drink, take them to coffee.

Didn't know that until we got to the bar.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10476196)
Didn't know that until we got to the bar.

Well, in your defense, she's kind of a dumbass for meeting someone at a bar if she doesn't drink.

RunKC 03-09-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10475988)
Don't let this beat you, just move on. Like a DB that just got torched on a TD, there is always the next play you need to focus on.

I am of the same mindset. Moving forward.

GordonGekko 03-09-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10476198)
Well, in your defense, she's kind of a dumbass for meeting someone at a bar if she doesn't drink.

Lol right? She said it was in her profile. And I didn't push for a hookup but I was trying to maybe bring it into play by asking if she wanted to go do something else after the bar and she said no.

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10475604)
Well she liked you enough to invite you over for beers. You have to have something going for you. Focus on your positives.

Everything I had to work with was seemingly working until it didn't. So I'm done. **** it. I've never had a positive more-than-friends relationship with a woman to this point. To think it's going to improve from that point is asinine at the very least considering the only common denominator is me.

With that, I'm done posting in the thread. I can't - in good conscience- trash talk Billay or Buck and the fact that Gochiefs got his surname censored just means he's the Keyser Soze of the Planet.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-09-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10476194)
Man, the last few pages of this thread have been dark. Keep your chins up, lads! I will too.

It's a battleground out there!!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-09-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10476217)
Everything I had to work with was seemingly working until it didn't. So I'm done. **** it. I've never had a positive more-than-friends relationship with a woman to this point. To think it's going to improve from that point is asinine at the very least.

With that, I'm done posting in the thread. I can't - in good conscience- trash talk Billay or Buck and the fact that Gochiefs got his surname censored just means he's the Keyser Soze of the Planet.

Damn man. If you don't believe in yourself no one will. We have all failed at times. The ones with success take the most shots.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10476217)
Everything I had to work with was seemingly working until it didn't. So I'm done. **** it. I've never had a positive more-than-friends relationship with a woman to this point. To think it's going to improve from that point is asinine at the very least.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-19430...-back-p3XG.gif

DaKCMan AP 03-10-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10467565)
Went well. Plan on setting up something to see her again.

We're getting together again Wed night. I want to do something active so I'm thinking rock climbing gym or I have groupons to GameTime + dinner after.

Hammock Parties 03-10-2014 06:44 AM

I WISH I WAS A FLATWORM

https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/z-1-sconten...44680854_n.jpg

Canofbier 03-10-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10476515)
We're getting together again Wed night. I want to do something active so I'm thinking rock climbing gym or I have groupons to GameTime + dinner after.

I enjoy active dates. Something about the physical nature of what you're doing together improves your chemistry and camaraderie.

I did a tennis date with someone a while back, and it was a good time. We walked up to a nearby lookout (with a view of the skyline) and sat on a bench to chat afterwards. It was really nice; I'll have to try and remember the spot so I can return there again once the weather warms back up.