ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Dartgod 07-12-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12954559)
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/bas...ainst-dodgers/

Royals' Joakim Soria: Blows save Saturday against Dodgers
by RotoWire Staff Jul 9, 2017 • 1 min read UPDATE Jul 9, 2017, 2:58am

Soria was tagged with his fifth blown save of the year after allowing an eighth-inning, game-tying solo homer to Cody Bellinger in Saturday's game against the Dodgers.
The reliever entered Los Angeles on a six-game scoreless streak, but that ended in a big way Saturday. Soria continues to be a rollercoaster ride in 2017, and despite managing 11 holds and four wins, he's likely not worth the headache in leagues that value setup men.

Do the math of all the blown saves so far and how far we are back in the standings. It was dumb to trade Wade.

Doesn't matter. Davis would not be replacing the roles of both Herrera and Soria. Sometimes your closer is not available due to being used multiple days. That would not change if Davis were here.

I'm not going to say we wouldn't be in first if we had Wade and at the same time you cannot definitively say that we would. It's not as simple as plugging another player in and saying "See, we'd be better off".

BigCatDaddy 07-12-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12954591)
I swear I'm not quoting you to be mean, but the Royals FO proved us all wrong in 2014. Jorge Soler is the same age Moose was in 2013. Moose was even worse in 2014 and by then the brass of Chiefsplanet declared him a bust for life. The Royals have proven us wrong again and again here, and Soler deserves at least another year before we declare yet another bust for the franchise.

You would think after the Moose and Gordon past demotions Royals fans would be a tad more patient. I've seen morons writing off Mondesi at 21.

duncan_idaho 07-12-2017 06:41 PM

The Soler-Davis trade was never about just making them better in 17. It was a longer play trying to balance now and the future.

Judging it based on the first 100 games is silly and short-sighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewdog 07-12-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12954585)
That is Exactly what Soler power has done so far. When he becomes a huge factor in winning multiple playoff games and nailing down a World Series title like Wade did- then I might revise my opinion of the trade. Right now it looks like one of the worst in the team's history.

Wade Davis is an un-restricted free agent after this year. We traded for a young player, he's 25 for ****'s sake, who is under contract 3 more years after this. If you are judging this trade now, you simply have no understand of the first two sentences in this post. The Royals would simply never resign a closer for what Davis will be asking for. They traded him near his highest point (his injuries in 2016 hurt his value), to get a young player with a high ceiling and lots of control. It's what small market teams HAVE to do.

If you're writing off Soler now, I'm not sure what exactly you're watching. He's very raw but the potential is there in his bat. The current mistake, IMO, is not giving him consistent starts. Hopefully our hitting coach can get him to focus on pitch location for improved contact potential. If that falls into place, his swing is already powerful enough to generate consistent power.

tk13 07-12-2017 06:53 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Via <a href="https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing">@awfulannouncing</a> the top TV markets for the All Star game on last night. As if there was any doubt? JL ^fox4wx <a href="https://t.co/Lew03BrvpY">pic.twitter.com/Lew03BrvpY</a></p>&mdash; FOX 4 News (@fox4kc) <a href="https://twitter.com/fox4kc/status/885178485886660611">July 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tk13 07-12-2017 07:12 PM

Just watched a documentary about the 90s Indians on MLB Network. It was actually really good. It reminds you is how lucky we are to have experienced what the Royals have done the last few years. The Indians never won it all and those were some great teams. But it was interesting just watching the attitudes of those guys... Belle, Murray, etc. They had so many issues it made it hard to keep the team together.

Belle wouldn't do the doc, but he left the producer a voicemail message saying that the only comment he had was that John Hart screwed up their dynasty. It was pretty brutal. Jose Mesa and Vizquel still hate each other over things Vizquel said in his book. It's amazing. I forgot that Vizquel wrote that while he was still playing, and Mesa literally hit him every time he faced him afterwards. MLB threatened to ban Mesa for life if he didn't stop.

No matter what happens, we've had a 5 year run where the Royals were in the playoff chase every year, 2 World Series and a title with a group of guys who were all pretty likable and fun to root for.

PHOG 07-12-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12954542)
He's blown a hold but not a save

BS

PHOG 07-12-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12954585)
That is Exactly what Soler power has done so far. When he becomes a huge factor in winning multiple playoff games and nailing down a World Series title like Wade did- then I might revise my opinion of the trade. Right now it looks like one of the worst in the team's history.

Yes, it is most likely he'll bust, but one doesn't give up hope.

tk13 07-12-2017 07:53 PM

You guys have short memories. I remember when Gordon was a bust, Hosmer was a bust. Moose was a bust. Duffy was a bust. Hochevar was a bust. On and on.

And Soler isn't even those guys. He's actually played, and played very well for the Cubs. Played 200 games over the last couple years for a championship team, hit 27 HR and about 100 RBI, and was an absolute monster in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, he's started a whole 24 games for the Royals, and we should throw in the towel. Get out of here with that noise.

penbrook 07-12-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12954719)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Via <a href="https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing">@awfulannouncing</a> the top TV markets for the All Star game on last night. As if there was any doubt? JL ^fox4wx <a href="https://t.co/Lew03BrvpY">pic.twitter.com/Lew03BrvpY</a></p>&mdash; FOX 4 News (@fox4kc) <a href="https://twitter.com/fox4kc/status/885178485886660611">July 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doesn't surprise me. The Royals have the best fans and most loyal fans

Sure-Oz 07-12-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12954788)
You guys have short memories. I remember when Gordon was a bust, Hosmer was a bust. Moose was a bust. Duffy was a bust. Hochevar was a bust. On and on.

And Soler isn't even those guys. He's actually played, and played very well for the Cubs. Played 200 games over the last couple years for a championship team, hit 27 HR and about 100 RBI, and was an absolute monster in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, he's started a whole 24 games for the Royals, and we should throw in the towel. Get out of here with that noise.

I want him to DH the rest of he way

tk13 07-12-2017 08:05 PM

Ken Rosenthal is now writing articles on his Facebook page because FOX dumped all their writers today and are a video-only website now. So there's that. Tonight he posted that the Marlins are basically hoping to start dumping guys. Their baseball people definitely want to rebuild, but their sale is holding things up. No surprise there.

He said there was an idea floating around of them sending Yelich and Stanton to the Phillies, just to dump Stanton's contract. The Phillies want Yelich badly, but probably not that badly. But it was more about how the Marlins want to sell. Maybe we wouldn't have to give up the farm for Dee Gordon.

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12954807)
Ken Rosenthal is now writing articles on his Facebook page because FOX dumped all their writers today and are a video-only website now.

I saw this earlier and I can't express in words how much I hate the move to video.

I don't need 20 something "beautiful people" telling me about the latest transactions or news of the day.

I HATE video and mute it as soon as it launches on any website.

Journalism is writing and investigating and researching.

Not asking "Can you talk about...?".

penbrook 07-12-2017 08:16 PM

Rosenthal is one of the best. He should work for MLB Network

lewdog 07-12-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12954788)

So much agree with this post. If you expect most players to be MLB ready in their first years of service, you should stick to watching the NFL.

Development for many lasts well into the mid to late 20's for many of these guys (those who aren't Super Stars) to start playing really well if they do in fact have the talent. It's what makes baseball fascinating. If teams gave up on players as fast as those calling them busts on Chiefsplanet, we'd have never seen a World Series winning Royals team with Gordon, Moose, Duffy and Hosmer.