ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

AussieChiefsFan 05-02-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9651832)
You've been here for 700 posts. **** up.

Just reading this out is awesome for some reason. ROFLROFL

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9649779)
This is going to sound asinine, but if we get Albert to a good enough deal, maybe we can deal Fisher at the end of the year for a 3rd.

Shrug.

FYP

RealSNR 05-02-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651780)
Hahaha

Yeah, we wanted him so badly that we didn't even draft him in the 7th round.

Andy's a bit of a showboater. He's just trying to make his brilliant QB evaluation and coaching look even more amazing.

RealSNR 05-02-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9649779)
This is going to sound asinine, but if we get Albert to a good enough deal, maybe we can deal Fisher at the end of the year for a 1st.

Shrug.

Eh. We already bought the shitty package of 16 crayons. The nice box with 96 different colors and the built-in sharpener might be on sale, but I really doubt the store is going to accept a return on a box of crayons. We've got the 16, so we may as well use them. Maybe if we ask mommy instead of daddy, we can get some more money to go buy the 96 box so our idyllic pastoral landscape we're drawing doesn't look like a piece of shit. Then at least we're stocked up on the really important colors like the dark green, brown, black, and both shades of blue.

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9649887)
I like Albert staying, I really do. He is a homegrown Chief and an above average player.

However...

The moment he starts sucking we move Fisher to LT, or make Albert play RT from the start. You do not take RT's first overall. Fisher will be at LT eventually.

If he doesn't bust or get injured.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9650065)
Yes, because Fisher's position is set in stone and is only on a one year deal and we absolutely know that Albert will be back next year.

Who else were they taking there? Some of you make this out to be that they passed on Andrew Luck because it was too risky. Passing on Geno Smith is receiving this much ridicule?

I was one of the biggest Geno supporters and I don't think Geno has anything to do with Fisher being a poor selection. This was obviously a tackle heavy draft, and we have a coach who values both sides of the line equally so I understand why we did it and I don't hate it. At all. I can see some serious upside to our running game, and protecting our game manager.

I just think Dion Jordan would've been a much better selection. He has elite potential and Tamba isn't getting younger. It would've been an incredible rotation and we would've had the most sacks in the league next year IMO. That itself takes a lot of pressure off of an offense. What's done is done though, my choice to be a fan and I'm optimistic.

mlyonsd 05-02-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9651538)
I have the solution to all of this. We just need to find a lefty QB.

:LOL: I like it.

buddha 05-02-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9651878)
I was one of the biggest Geno supporters and I don't think Geno has anything to do with Fisher being a poor selection. This was obviously a tackle heavy draft, and we have a coach who values both sides of the line equally so I understand why we did it and I don't hate it. At all. I can see some serious upside to our running game, and protecting our game manager.

I just think Dion Jordan would've been a much better selection. He has elite potential and Tamba isn't getting younger. It would've been an incredible rotation and we would've had the most sacks in the league next year IMO. That itself takes a lot of pressure off of an offense. What's done is done though, my choice to be a fan and I'm optimistic.

Dion may end up being great, but he's FAR from that right now. I didn't want another "potential" pick. I think Fisher is much closer to being Pro Bowl calibre than either Dion or Geno for that matter.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9650173)
I know the guy on the left.

Please tell me he's a poster here. Please.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9651891)
Dion may end up being great, but he's FAR from that right now. I didn't want another "potential" pick. I think Fisher is much closer to being Pro Bowl calibre than either Dion or Geno for that matter.

That's true, and fair enough. He does have bust potential.

Dave Lane 05-02-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9651895)
That's true, and fair enough. He does have bust potential.

So does Fisher.

MY god this is what we are reduced to as Chiefs fans. Arguing over whether OL or DL is the safer overall pick at 1.1

tooge 05-02-2013 08:16 AM

Albert tested the waters and found out that nobody is willing to give the guy what he wants to play LT being as you can now draft one for half the cost and have just as good or better value. He sees the guys that will be coming out in the draft next year and realizes that at 30 years old, he better play ball or his career will get derailed. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get good guard money on a long term deal and have Fisher as the LT

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9650861)
Battered Fan Syndrome. Too many fans have been abused for so long that they fall into the trap of thinking every person involved with the Chiefs is going to abuse them even if they are brand new and there is no reason to think that way. It's irrational but completely understandable.

Exactly.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9650893)
I hope you get raped by a 400lb man.

ROFL

BigMeatballDave 05-02-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650141)
http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.gif

i think we could just post this on the front page and close down the forums

LOL

I just cannot understand how anyone can get so excited about an OT.