ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Unsmooth-Moment 09-02-2012 06:12 PM

I use all-madden with custom sliders. I see pretty realistic numbers on both teams as well as a very competitive game.

Fishpicker 09-02-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8872443)
so after you guys have bought it and played almost a week.

Was this really THE YEAR that the new dev team finally gets it?!?!

remember all of that hype about how they recognize the problems and want to be passionate about making a great game? Well what do you say?

I was disappointed in my first impression. I've found some good tips in this thread and on other forums. those help a lot along with playing around with the sliders. I've finally found settings that allow for close games and realistic stat lines.

the issues that stand out to me are...

-sometimes the CPU doesn't assess penalty yardage correctly. I recently played a game where I was facing 2nd down and 3. I got 2 yards running so, that would've have left me with 3rd and 1. I was called for holding on the same running play. The CPU accepted the penalty and I wound up with 1st and 9 to go. WTF?

-contain doesn't seem to work for the D-line. I can do it manually but, I'd rather rush while the CPU does contain.

royr17 09-02-2012 09:13 PM

ok im playing on all-madden now, i can pass the ball but cant run against any team. are there any good sliders where i can run the ball too ?

Fishpicker 09-02-2012 09:28 PM

try tweaking the CPU defense shed block slider. on all-pro its set at 75 (i think) try turning that one down to 50-65. that will affect the CPU pass rush too. so you shouldn't turn it down too low.

royr17 09-02-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8873420)
try tweaking the CPU defense shed block slider. on all-pro its set at 75 (i think) try turning that one down to 50-65. that will affect the CPU pass rush too. so you shouldn't turn it down too low.

Whats up with the receivers dropping passes when they are wide open ?

Fishpicker 09-02-2012 10:37 PM

some players have that trait. it sucks but it happens all the time in RL.

royr17 09-02-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8873490)
some players have that trait. it sucks but it happens all the time in RL.

ugh this game is pissing me off. all-madden is too complex for 5 mph brain lol

royr17 09-02-2012 11:57 PM

All-Pro is too easy too though. There were alot of times when playing on All-Madden that i wanted to throw my controller. I gotta find me some good sliders so that I can compete on all-madden but not win in blowouts too

Unsmooth-Moment 09-03-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8873545)
All-Pro is too easy too though. There were alot of times when playing on All-Madden that i wanted to throw my controller. I gotta find me some good sliders so that I can compete on all-madden but not win in blowouts too

operationsports

royr17 09-03-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 8873559)
operationsports

yea i know all bout that site. when i play on all-madden as soon as i get outside the tackle box the defender is able to pull off the block and get me for a tackle 9 times out of 10. stanzi was my qb cause i benched both cassel and quinn during that game cause they were pissing me off, stanzi threw for 250 yards while charles ran for 55 yards on 30 attempts and hillis 25 yards on 10 attempts. i can pass the ball, but i cannot run it.

Unsmooth-Moment 09-03-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8873568)
yea i know all bout that site. when i play on all-madden as soon as i get outside the tackle box the defender is able to pull off the block and get me for a tackle 9 times out of 10. stanzi was my qb cause i benched both cassel and quinn during that game cause they were pissing me off, stanzi threw for 250 yards while charles ran for 55 yards on 30 attempts and hillis 25 yards on 10 attempts. i can pass the ball, but i cannot run it.

Lower the computer blockshedding rating. Change the speed threshold to 0 (this making Charles actual speed and where a slower d-lineman cannot chase him down from behind)

royr17 09-03-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 8873609)
Lower the computer blockshedding rating. Change the speed threshold to 0 (this making Charles actual speed and where a slower d-lineman cannot chase him down from behind)

Yea. I just got through playing with some all-madden sliders against the raiders and won 41-31. I was up 31-10 at halftime, and they came back in scored 21 in the 3rd quarter and held me to none, it was a tough game. Jamaal Charles had 198 yards rushing, Hillis had 65, Gray 17, and Draughn 7. Also Cassel had 304 yards passing 2 TD passes and 4 Ints. Boss had a monster game 7 catches for 133 yards. Cant wait to play some tougher teams to see how i do against them. I have trouble with gettin some pass rush on the quarterback and stopping them on converting passes.

KC native 09-03-2012 07:01 PM

This game is pissing me the **** off online. Charles is slow as ****ing molasses. It's aggravating when you watch other rbs run away from DJ and Charles can't out run a DE.

Kasl can't hit anyone deep. He leaves it short and gets picked all the time.

Hali gets no pass rush at all.

QuikSsurfer 09-03-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 8875137)
This game is pissing me the **** off online. Charles is slow as ****ing molasses. It's aggravating when you watch other rbs run away from DJ and Charles can't out run a DE.

Kasl can't hit anyone deep. He leaves it short and gets picked all the time.

I don't get that issue with Charles. Make sure you've turned off auto-sprint. He's the fastest back I've played with or against.
I'm with you on Hali though. I've gotten maybe 2 sacks in the 6 games I've played online. Maybe I need to get better with his finesse moves.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-03-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 8875137)

That's because he gets held in Madden too.