ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

NewChief 04-23-2012 07:55 PM

Illiterate ****s.

Buck 04-23-2012 07:56 PM

I think you started the following, I could be wrong.

-Fringe
-Supernatural
-GoT x2
-The River
-Alcatraz
-Awake

There may be more. There was literally a point where I'd hear about a show and come to post about it and you had made a thread within 30 minutes before I arrived.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 07:58 PM

That certainly looks like every show on TV.

Buck 04-23-2012 08:02 PM

Here we go...

-Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5)
keg in kc

-Go to first new post Game of Thrones Season 2 *Spoiler* Thread (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
keg in kc

-Go to first new post Fairy Tale shows premiering this fall...
keg in kc

-Doctor Who (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5)
keg in kc

-AMC's Next: The Killing (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
keg in kc

-"Community" is awesome (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
keg in kc

-HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last Page)
keg in kc

-Movies and TV
1 Deleted Post(s) Alcatraz (Multi-page thread 1 2)
keg in kc

-Movies and TV
NBC's 'Awake'
keg in kc

-Fox's 'Terra Nova' (Multi-page thread 1 2)
keg in kc

-Movies and TV
ABC's 'The River'
keg in kc

-Space: 2099
keg in kc

-BBC America's "Luther"
keg in kc

-Fox's 'Alcatraz'
keg in kc

-NBC's Thursday comedy lineup (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5)
keg in kc

-BBCA: "The Hour"
keg in kc

-Movies and TV
Men of a Certain Age
keg in kc

-CBS's 'Person of Interest'
keg in kc

-HBO set to do American Gods
keg in kc

-Movies and TV
1 Attachment(s) NBC's Wonder Woman
keg in kc

-AMC going from zombies to aliens?
keg in kc

-Lights Out
keg in kc

-The Chicago Code
keg in kc

-New AMC series: Rubicon
keg in kc

Anyway, you get the point.

Molitoth 04-23-2012 08:02 PM

I know I'm going against the grain because everyone is obsessed with this show, but I'm starting to lose interest in it.

I suppose I commend Joffery (the actor) for doing so well at his role that I fucking hate him so much I wanna quit watching the show until the episode comes where he gets his shit pushed in...(if that even happens). That kid is so evil it makes me want to puke.

Tyrion is really the only reason I'm still watching.... other than that, no storyline is really grabbing my attention.

I loved the first season, but this season has been total MEH so far.

Buck 04-23-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8561837)
I know I'm going against the grain because everyone is obsessed with this show, but I'm starting to lose interest in it.

I suppose I commend Joffery (the actor) for doing so well at his role that I fucking hate him so much I wanna quit watching the show until the episode comes where he gets his shit pushed in...(if that even happens). That kid is so evil it makes me want to puke.

Tyrion is really the only reason I'm still watching.... other than that, no storyline is really grabbing my attention.

I loved the first season, but this season has been total MEH so far.

A lot of HBO shows are like that. First half of the season, a lot of setting up, the 2nd half of the season is the payoff.

KcMizzou 04-23-2012 08:04 PM

This really is "much ado about nothing". Any detail from the books that isn't in the show is one of a million. They're turning 1,000 pages into 10 hours of television.

It's not going to ruin the books for you. When you read them, it's just going to flesh everything out. A ton more detail about what you already know, and enjoyed.

BigRedChief 04-23-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8561060)
Oh, and Jaime has little role for most of the second book because he's a prisoner, but no worries, he comes back into the story at some point.

WTF? What happend to a spoiler free zone thread?

NewChief 04-23-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8561840)
A lot of HBO shows are like that. First half of the season, a lot of setting up, the 2nd half of the season is the payoff.

Not just HBO. That's the way story arcs work. Unfortunately, seasons function as story arcs, so they have to consist of exposition/build-up before really getting into the meat of shit. It would be great if they hit the ground running, but that's not the way it works.

Breaking Bad did the same shit where everyone would whine about losing interest in the story only to have their minds completely ****ed. As a fan of the books, I'll just say that there's plenty of shit about to hit the fan down the road.

Buck 04-23-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8561849)
WTF? What happend to a spoiler free zone thread?

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Buck 04-23-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8561854)
Not just HBO. That's the way story arcs work. Unfortunately, seasons function as story arcs, so they have to consist of exposition/build-up before really getting into the meat of shit. It would be great if they hit the ground running, but that's not the way it works.

Breaking Bad did the same shit where everyone would whine about losing interest in the story only to have their minds completely ****ed. As a fan of the books, I'll just say that there's plenty of shit about to hit the fan down the road.

yeah that was my point

HBO does serial dramas. They don't do MOTW, which is what way too many people prefer.

KcMizzou 04-23-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8561854)

Ah man, WTF!?!? I thought this was the no spoilers thread!!!

BigRedChief 04-23-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8561857)
Glad to see I'm not the only one.

If it doesn't stop I'm going to throw my weight around and stop it myself.:mad:

You have a thread to discuss how the show compares to the books. Use it.

NewChief 04-23-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8561860)
Ah man, WTF!?!? I thought this was the no spoilers thread!!!

Sorry, bro. It's going to be boring as **** from here on out. Lots of Joffrey beating some bitches while the Starks decide to figure out how to brew beer and sit around getting drunk. After Season 1, it all pretty much goes down hill. Just stop watching.

KcMizzou 04-23-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8561880)
If it doesn't stop I'm going to throw my weight around and stop it myself.:mad:

You have a thread to discuss how the show compares to the books. Use it.

Oh, for ****'s sake. LMAO