ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

ZootedGranny 03-11-2007 04:22 AM

Shit, I forgot to post my GRAW 2 impressions.

Single player: short, extremely easy (even on the highest difficulty), but fun. The new cross com functionality allows you flexibility in how you play the game, even letting you play it as a semi-RTS. The enemy AI still leaves a lot to be desired, but your squadmates do a much better job taking cover and setting up clean shots this time around.

Multiplayer: basically the same as the first GRAW, but expanded. More co-op missions, bigger levels, more modes, etc.

And I must say...graphically, you can tell the extra year or so of time with the 360 hardware has paid off. The first game still looks good today, but they've done some really impressive stuff that adds to the immersion in GRAW 2. Smoke no longer clips through objects, but wraps around them more realistically...different object transparencies that really improve the lighting effects...very impressive explosions...so on and so forth.

I played the hell out of the first GRAW, put it down for Rainbow Six: Vegas, and now I've put down R6:V for GRAW 2. Time will tell which of those two is better, but if you enjoy tactical shooters, it's definitely worth a look.

Ultra Peanut 03-14-2007 06:12 PM

COWABUNGA

icepick64 03-14-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
COWABUNGA

hell yeh, old school

Ceej 03-14-2007 09:01 PM

Man, that new TMNT Arcade game is pretty cake with 4 people playing...

Also, what gives with the unlimited continues when you play single player?

007 03-14-2007 09:40 PM

Rumor:

XBOX 360 is supposedly going to see the premium unit drop to $299 around June 2007 and the core will be dumped. Also, the new unit will be black. Supposedly.

QuikSsurfer 03-14-2007 10:41 PM

i keep trying to host a match on TMNT but no one joins... something has to be wrong. i'm on a cable connection.

very laggy online

icepick64 03-19-2007 09:50 AM

CASTLEVANIA: SOTN this wednesday!!

link

ZootedGranny 04-01-2007 02:25 PM

Any of you nerds buying Guitar Hero II? I picked up a copy from Circuit City yesterday and have been rocking since.

KCFalcon59 04-01-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Rumor:

XBOX 360 is supposedly going to see the premium unit drop to $299 around June 2007 and the core will be dumped. Also, the new unit will be black. Supposedly.

Here is the story

It says it's going to be $479 though.

kcxiv 04-01-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Any of you nerds buying Guitar Hero II? I picked up a copy from Circuit City yesterday and have been rocking since.

isnt it like 100 bucks with guitar? thats a bit steep for me right now. I want it though. My nephew has it on the ps2, and its great fun.

ZootedGranny 04-01-2007 05:32 PM

Yeah, it's $90.

If you buy it from Circuit City, it comes with a 1600 point card, perfect for the DLC that's coming out soon.

DrNick 04-03-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Yeah, it's $90.

If you buy it from Circuit City, it comes with a 1600 point card, perfect for the DLC that's coming out soon.

I've also heard that there is a coupon you can ask for at customer service that will give you $15 off of a $100 purchase. Throw in a CD, and you get everything for $85 plus tax...

KcMizzou 04-03-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64
CASTLEVANIA: SOTN this wednesday!!

link

That was a great game.

Eleazar 04-04-2007 11:47 AM

I'm on the verge of finishing Splinter Cell: Double Agent (got distracted by NHL and MLB for a while), and I've really enjoyed this game. I think SC is probably my favorite game series ever.

I love the choice aspect of Double Agent, and I hope it's even more prominent in the next incarnation.

I tended to play the game with my own ethic, really. In some missions, it would make things a lot easier to kill someone but I tried to only knock out people like security guards who didn't really deserve to have their neck snapped or be shot in the head. But, in terms of your normal terrorist aholes, I would go ahead and kill them.

There were also times where I was trying to sneak past someone innocent and they saw me, or something unexpected happened and I ended up having to kill people who didn't really deserve it, and I felt a little bad for it.

It plays on interesting themes. Sometimes you have to choose whether to sacrifice individuals for the overall objective. Sometimes things happen in a way that you aren't really afforded time to choose. I hope they develop the theme more in the next game, can't wait for it.

I think I'm going to play through it again, see if I can finish with 100% stealth.

icepick64 04-04-2007 12:20 PM

I never got into the SC: double agent, something about it didn't appeal to me although I loved the other games.

I just picked up oblivion for the second time for the expansion, hope its good rochambeau