ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

keg in kc 04-09-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10550745)
Pretty cool how they tied it all in together.

I guess they had this planned all along? Cap 2 started filming a year ago, so the script we can assume was ready a few months before that. This TV show didnt start going into production until last summer or fall. So Marvel had to have known all along that this twist would occur. Right?

Yep. They knew. I've seen several interviews today talk about how everything that's happened on the series this year was planned from the very start.

keg in kc 04-09-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10551271)
still think that the guy that shot the lady is not really evil

he just decided to go undercover at any price

That was my thought initially, but I can't really come up with a scenario where it makes sense.

Guess we'll see.

Which is great, I love not being sure what's going on. Gives you a reason to watch...

Although unfortunately the ratings weren't helped by the movie tie-in. But they were already re-airing it next week at 7 and then following it with a new episode at 8, so maybe they were thinking it might take word-of-mouth on the episode to get people back watching.

Deberg_1990 04-09-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10551838)
Yep. They knew. I've seen several interviews today talk about how everything that's happened on the series this year was planned from the very start.

Wow, pretty incredible the long term vision of Marvel Studios.

Mr. Laz 04-09-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10551852)
Which is great, I love not being sure what's going on. Gives you a reason to watch...

Yep

Most shows are painfully predictable.

Red Wedding is one of the few that truly surprised me.

Hopefully Shield keeps expanding the storyline

btw I wouldn't be surprised if the lady wasn't really dead

keg in kc 04-09-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10552082)
btw I wouldn't be surprised if the lady wasn't really dead

I wouldn't either...but...Garrett would have to be either unbelievably misled or unbelievably incompetent for that to be the case. I mean, shot right in front of him...

Maybe it's a way to introduce LMD's or something.

Somebody on another board conjectured that maybe the thing with Ward is a way to introduce Dr. Faustus.

keg in kc 04-11-2014 12:42 PM

Heh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett in ep 14, T.A.H.I.T.I.
You wouldn't believe what I could talk this son of a gun (Ward) into.

keg in kc 04-11-2014 05:17 PM

Long, interesting interview at IGN contained the following tidbit, which may kill the 'Ward didn't really kill hand' theory:
Quote:

IGN: This is another question that you may give me a similar answer on, but can we also assume that Victoria Hand and those other unfortunate gentlemen are definitely dead?

Bell: Let's say that Ward definitely killed them.

IGN: [Laughs] Okay!

Bell: It's the Marvel Universe... But he definitely put three shots in her, and he killed her.

IGN: It wasn't the ICER he was using at that point.

Loeb: No, no. He iced her in the old-school version of "iced her."
link

keg in kc 04-12-2014 01:59 PM

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=676663049065213" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=676663049065213">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/AgentsofShield">Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.</a></div></div>

keg in kc 04-12-2014 02:01 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HIfcvvudpbc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking 04-12-2014 05:37 PM

Hmm. Maybe Ward will make a better bad guy?

Mr. Laz 04-15-2014 07:10 PM

Hail Hydra

keg in kc 04-15-2014 07:37 PM

About to start watching tonight's. Most excited for this show that i've been since the premiere.

Please don't let me down.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2014 08:00 PM

meh

keg in kc 04-15-2014 09:27 PM

I thought that was pretty good. Definitely feels like a different show now that all the buildup makes sense. Although I think he's a little too moustache-twirly badguy now, I enjoyed Ward's explanation for how he iniltrated the team, which was almost verbatim what people were saying online after last week's episode (give Coulson a project, seduce the biggest threat, jump out of plane to save simmons, etc). And Garrett had some great comedy lines (put your arms down, you look like a west texas cheerleader LMAO ).

I think some things were teased there that I didn't understand, stuff they focused on in the Fridge. And what's up with the metal on Garrett's side? Is that related to the Deathlok stuff or something else?

Tribal Warfare 04-16-2014 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10565276)
I thought that was pretty good. Definitely feels like a different show now that all the buildup makes sense. Although I think he's a little too moustache-twirly badguy now, I enjoyed Ward's explanation for how he iniltrated the team, which was almost verbatim what people were saying online after last week's episode (give Coulson a project, seduce the biggest threat, jump out of plane to save simmons, etc). And Garrett had some great comedy lines (put your arms down, you look like a west texas cheerleader LMAO ).

I think some things were teased there that I didn't understand, stuff they focused on in the Fridge. And what's up with the metal on Garrett's side? Is that related to the Deathlok stuff or something else?

Paxton was certainly giving off a Chet Donnelly type of vibe this episode.