ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Aaron Murray and Kacie McDonell break off engagement (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290075)

notorious 06-29-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11572616)
Chicks dig money. The one thing that cures all flaws.

And the thread finally makes it back around to the original topic!

Pasta Little Brioni 06-29-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11572731)
And the thread finally makes it back around to the original topic!

Then the midgets...

threebag 06-29-2015 08:22 PM

Tapped Franko's ass

Pasta Little Brioni 06-29-2015 08:27 PM

Bet she pinches shower loaves

Pasta Little Brioni 06-29-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 11573143)
Tapped Franko's ass

In the shower

notorious 06-29-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Bet she pinches shower loaves

And squishes it between her toes.

Titty Meat 06-29-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11572457)
I have a date tonight bitch. I bet Hootie doesn't! And Dane will be lucky to get a peck on the cheek!

Where are you taking this young lady you hunk?

Hammock Parties 06-29-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11573214)
Where are you taking this young lady you hunk?

Just went out to dinner in OP. Spent almost 3 hours together.

Had a really great time, and she doesn't need to lose 20 pounds.

This one is pretty close to ideal for me so far but we've been here before...

DaneMcCloud 06-29-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11572616)
I suspect Dane will be busy making some money. You should do the same.

Chicks dig money. The one thing that cures all flaws.

Unfortunately, I had to cut ties with a company today in which I'd recently composed and produced 20 tracks for various network shows, including the NFL on CBS, in which I helped to secure the deal.

I was a dummy and assumed that the terms of their new Exclusive agreement would be the same as my Non-Exclusive agreement. Once I read it, I found that I was required to assign them my copyright, Master Recording and publishing, in perpetuity, with no reversions and no upfront money.

Suffice to say, I was floored and sadly, I asked to have the tracks released, to which they complied. It's a damn shame and I'm pretty bummed out about it because it would have been cool to hear them during the Halftime Highlights on CBS.

But not for free. **** that.

kepp 06-30-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11573338)
Unfortunately, I had to cut ties with a company today in which I'd recently composed and produced 20 tracks for various network shows, including the NFL on CBS, in which I helped to secure the deal.

I was a dummy and assumed that the terms of their new Exclusive agreement would be the same as my Non-Exclusive agreement. Once I read it, I found that I was required to assign them my copyright, Master Recording and publishing, in perpetuity, with no reversions and no upfront money.

Suffice to say, I was floored and sadly, I asked to have the tracks released, to which they complied. It's a damn shame and I'm pretty bummed out about it because it would have been cool to hear them during the Halftime Highlights on CBS.

But not for free. **** that.

I'm no business mastermind, but if they wanted an exclusive contract with you wouldn't they try to make it sweeter than the non-exclusive? Doesn't make sense to me.

ToxSocks 06-30-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11572609)
I'm on a no-fap spree. 3 days in.

Wish me luck!

WTF? Why would you do that?

DaneMcCloud 06-30-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11573671)
I'm no business mastermind, but if they wanted an exclusive contract with you wouldn't they try to make it sweeter than the non-exclusive? Doesn't make sense to me.

It's a messed up business and it's only getting worse.

Over-The-Air Network (ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox) pay significantly more in royalties than TNT, HBO, History, et al due to advertising revenues.

The OTA's know this and are now requiring that any track or cue must be an Exclusive track. It can't be shared or in use by another music library or production company. In theory, it raises the value of their product and the composer(s) receives anywhere from 10x to 20x the amount versus cable placement.

In practice, it makes composers such as myself weary of entering into an Exclusive deal without significant monetary compensation. Otherwise, the Exclusive could just sit in a library, without use, forever and the compose has no recourse. The song is gone, plain and simple.

I had an entertainment attorney comment on my Facebook thread this morning about this very topic in which very successful film composer clients of his are being denied streaming and mechanical sales for big time movie soundtracks and scores! So all of those revenues flow directly into the movie studio/publisher's coffers.

It's a bad thing, man. Bad thing.

Hammock Parties 06-30-2015 11:02 AM

That ****ing blows. Film composers aren't rock stars like Taylor Swift. They would actually appreciate that money.

DaneMcCloud 06-30-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11573709)

Yeah, no kidding.

Maybe he's loading up for a bukkake film?

Hammock Parties 06-30-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11573709)

A man gets his power from his chi, grasshopper.

To waste it all on mindless perversion is denying your true potential. Your innate essence as a male beast.

Eventually you have to release some pressure, though. :evil: