ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** Official Kansas State vs Kansas Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271209)

Ceej 03-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9507124)
So i just heard at halftime i dunno if this is possible, but they said if Louisville loses tonight that KU could be the number 1 overall seed in the tournament. They said the reason is because Gonzaga isn't going to be number one overall. Indiana lost before the final game of there tournament. So there is a chance we could go from top number 2 seed to number one overall seed! :thumb: Go Syracuse!!!

I think you misunderstood his post. By a long shot.

EDIT You misquoted, originally.

Prison Bitch 03-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9507140)
You were wrong about Perry and You are wrong with this statement

How was I wrong about Perry again? He and Tharpe have had two of the 5 worst shooting seasons ever in the 10 years of Bill Self. I'm glad he's started to realize he can't drive to the basket at this level. His game IQ has started to really come around the last 2 weeks. Hopefully it continues, but he has had a very bad year statistically.

notorious 03-16-2013 08:02 PM

I was a Bill Self fan while KU fans were still jerking off to Paul Pierce posters.

God Damnit he is good.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9507151)
I was a Bill Self fan while KU fans were still jerking off to Paul Pierce posters.

I was saying that he could win the Big 12 with no names.

ROFL

Ceej 03-16-2013 08:05 PM

Gonzaga is legit this year.

Even if KU leapfrogs Indiana, I still believe Gonzaga is the #1 overall.

Prison Bitch 03-16-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9507147)
You aren't serious are you? We have one of the best recruiting classes in some time next year. If we get Randle or Wiggins to add to the mix look out! Will we be young yes only one junior, but who cares we got a lot of talent coming in. So before you say we have no namers go check out rivals and watch tape on these guys. Thats all i have RCJH! Btw We Don't Rebuild We Reload!

As you probably noticed, I specifically mentioned Randle in my post. Moving on, yes it looks like a very good class on paper. But ask Kentucky how effective top recruiting classes are at this level. You do need some experience to be a top-20 team. Even Kentucky last year had 2 NBA-caliber sophomores and their 6th man senior is getting 13 min/game in the NBA this year.

chief4life 03-16-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9507149)
I think you misunderstood his post. By a long shot.

EDIT You misquoted, originally.

What are you talking about? I am talking about what I heard on ESPN

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9507137)
They weep and moan like that every year

Coming from a member of a fan base that bitched and moaned their way out of the conference over non-existent bullshit? Methinks you should stay silent on the subject.

BigOlChiefsfan 03-16-2013 08:10 PM

Hat tip to KU - still happy w/various KSU teams this year.

Kinda wish we both still had Mizzou to dislike, but them's the breaks.

chief4life 03-16-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9507163)
As you probably noticed, I specifically mentioned Randle in my post. Moving on, yes it looks like a very good class on paper. But ask Kentucky how effective top recruiting classes are at this level. You do need some experience to be a top-20 team. Even Kentucky last year had 2 NBA-caliber sophomores and their 6th man senior is getting 13 min/game in the NBA this year.

You want to know the difference is between what you just said? Bill Self look what he did with the team that was supposed to be in last place in the Big 12 what did we do that year. Yep we won it with not much talent that year, and we didn't have depth at all that year, but he made it work. You can see with Kentucky this year that even with high recruits with bad coaching which i think Calapari is they aren't making the tournament this year. Give Bill Self his guys this year and I bet they would of been much better. Bill Self makes a difference so for that reason he will get every player to play up to his potential. When your coach stops sponging off other teams and brings in his own recruits you will find out he really sucks at recruiting. Anyway that is all i got!

Prison Bitch 03-16-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9507187)
You want to know the difference is between what you just said? Bill Self look what he did with the team that was supposed to be in last place in the Big 12 what did we do that year. Yep we won it with not much talent that year,

KU picked to be last in conference? Pray tell what year that was.

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

You want to know the difference is between what you just said? Bill Self look what he did with the team that was supposed to be in last place in the Big 12 what did we do that year. Yep we won it with not much talent that year, and we didn't have depth at all that year, but he made it work. You can see with Kentucky this year that even with high recruits with bad coaching which i think Calapari is they aren't making the tournament this year. Give Bill Self his guys this year and I bet they would of been much better. Bill Self makes a difference so for that reason he will get every player to play up to his potential. When your coach stops sponging off other teams and brings in his own recruits you will find out he really sucks at recruiting. Anyway that is all i got!

Which was notorious' point that flew right over your head.

Ceej 03-16-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9507165)
What are you talking about? I am talking about what I heard on ESPN

I quoted a post that you misquoted originally.

You had quoted notorious and his Self coaching 5 no namers, when you meant to quote Prison Bitch.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-16-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

can one of you chicken's take your pal home, he's drunk, or an asshole. or both.

WilliamTheIrish 03-16-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9507196)
KU picked to be last in conference? Pray tell what year that was.

Yea, I'm a bit curious about that myself.