ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9469478)
Oh boy the grammar police. **** off dickbag. Still either way thanks for helping prove my point they didn't get both of those players in the same draft/offseason.

Shaddup

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469476)
No, I do not agree.

With Joe Thomas and Will Shields, there's always hope that a real Franchise QB will be acquired. The protection will be solid.

With Chad Pennington, a franchise could spend the better part of a decade watching elite and near elite players come and go, as Pennington continues to offer false hope to the front office, ownership and most importantly, fans.

So, you'd be fine taking Warmack. Good to know.

O.city 03-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469476)
No, I do not agree.

With Joe Thomas and Will Shields, there's always hope that a real Franchise QB will be acquired. The protection will be solid.

With Chad Pennington, a franchise could spend the better part of a decade watching elite and near elite players come and go, as Pennington continues to offer false hope to the front office, ownership and most importantly, fans.

Sure.

Lets hope we don't make that mistake with Alex Smith.

Mav 03-05-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469395)
If we re-draft 2005, Rodgers goes first overall.

NO QUESTION.

If we re-draft 2011, does Kaepernick go first overall?

What are the top three picks of 2012, if we re-draft it today?

luck,
rg3,
russell wilson to cleveland. no question

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469486)
So, you'd be fine taking Warmack. Good to know.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

Can you come up with anymore crazy scenarios for me to approve or disapprove?

Maybe the Chiefs take Lennay Kukua at #1 and Manti Te'o in the third?

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469510)
Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

Can you come up with anymore crazy scenarios for me to approve or disapprove?

Maybe the Chiefs take Lennay Kukua at #1 and Manti Te'o in the third?

You'd rather have Will Shields over Chad Pennington, right?

I completely disagree.

If all the players in this class aren't worth the top pick, you pick the best quarterback you can and utilize your quarterback developing talents to the best of their abilities.

Pennington would be the best quarterback we've had in some time.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469527)

I completely disagree.

If all the players in this class aren't worth the top pick, you pick the best quarterback you can and utilize your quarterback developing talents to the best of their abilities.

Are you asking if someone would take a HOF'er over a QB who never even broke a 77 rating?

Are you being serious when you ask?

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469527)

I completely disagree.

Abso****inglutely.

We know what each player became: One, a Hall of Famer. The other, an often injured QB that never won shit for two teams.

I can't believe that you'd rather be teased for the better part of a decade than have a spectacular player in place for more than a decade.

Your train of thought is absolutely baffling.

O.city 03-05-2013 11:19 PM

I'll take the HOF guard and keep looking for a QB.

Christ man, I get how the franchise is/has been with QB's. They'd get a guy and stop looking. These guys aren't going to settle with Alex Smith if he doesn't prove something first.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9469386)
what stuns me, is that there are people here it seems that would take Geno Smith first, if he was in last years draft

I hope Kaepernick breaks his neck and Scott Tolzein pulls a "just good enough" act long enough to prevent the 49ers from drafting an elite QB ever again.

Also, I hope you die of AIDS.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9469545)

Christ man, I get how the franchise is/has been with QB's. They'd get a guy and stop looking. These guys aren't going to settle with Alex Smith if he doesn't prove something first.

Our last HOF guard never won a playoff game in his career.

Keep looking for the QB, even if the options are expensive and negligible. If/when you find one, your team will actually win meaningful games.

The HOF guard won't get you shit.

O.city 03-05-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9469561)
Our last HOF guard never won a playoff game in his career.

Keep looking for the QB, even if the options are expensive and negligible. If/when you find one, your team will actually win meaningful games.

The HOF guard won't get you shit.

This is somewhat of a weak argument, in taht just because we had a HOF guard and didn't win a playoff game, we shouldn't take and/or try to get another one.

You can have both.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:30 PM

HOF LT + HOF guard = at least one playoff win, right?

I hope Goodell bans the offensive line from football. Give QBs 3 seconds after the snap then let pass rushers go after him. At least Chiefs fans would then be forced to stop being so ****ing reeruned about the goddamn offensive line.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9469545)

How the **** are going to "win now" with Alex ****-o Smith, attaining that HIGHLY coveted 7-9 CHIEF FAN wet dream, and be in a position to take the premium QB pick when he rolls round the bend as Kiper and Company are sucking his magnificent dick??? Do you see KC going Full-Redskins??? THIS franchise????? Lololololololno.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9469568)
This is somewhat of a weak argument, in taht just because we had a HOF guard and didn't win a playoff game, we shouldn't take and/or try to get another one.

You can have both.

You can have both, sure.

IF THE HOF GUARD HAS A QB.