ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KcMizzou 04-23-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8561458)
The thing with Salsa being topless being in the book.

Salsa. LMAO

Salsa Stark would kind of have a "Clerks" vibe.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8561458)
Good for you. I didn't know it was a shadow. For all I knew it was a ghost or a demon. I actually checked the spoiler thread to see what it was. Regardless, there is talk about the book in here.

Also some shit that happened in the book that didn't happen in the show. The thing with Salsa being topless being in the book.

Talk about the first book and the second book up to the point of the current episode is fine in here, since it can help clear up stuff that doesn't make sense in the show. The book warning is really only to prevent spoiling things that happen in future episodes.

Buck 04-23-2012 06:54 PM

Yeah, I know the stuff so far has been minor, but there shouldn't really be any book talk at all, IMO.

I'm sure there is shit that has been left out of the books that wasn't in the show. I plan on reading the books and don't want them completely spoiled. I love the little intricacies and differences and if someone points out a bunch of them, it will make the reading experience less enjoyable for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Los Pollos Hermanos 04-23-2012 07:02 PM

I appreciated hearing the differences the first season. Partly what motivated me to buy the books.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8561528)
Yeah, I know the stuff so far has been minor, but there shouldn't really be any book talk at all, IMO.

I'm sure there is shit that has been left out of the books that wasn't in the show. I plan on reading the books and don't want them completely spoiled. I love the little intricacies and differences and if someone points out a bunch of them, it will make the reading experience less enjoyable for me.

Just my 2 cents.

I actually agree with him. Having not read the books, I'd like to enjoy and understand the show within the context of the show, not knowing what they cut out.

Aries Walker 04-23-2012 07:20 PM

Plus, if there's no book talk, there's a much lesser chance of someone being distracted or something and accidentally giving something big away by mistake.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 07:22 PM

The rules have been what they are for a year/season-and-a-half, they ain't changing now. Just don't spoil.

Buck 04-23-2012 07:28 PM

You don't get to set the rules!

keg in kc 04-23-2012 07:32 PM

Sure I do!

If you don't like them, start your own thread.

Call it "Buck'z gayme of throwns thred fur tha iliterite".

KcMizzou 04-23-2012 07:33 PM

So anyway, Bronn dropped one of the best lines of the episode.

“There’s no cure for being a ****.”

— Bronn, on Joffrey.

KcMizzou 04-23-2012 07:34 PM

I actually like Bronn more on the show than I did in the books. I could watch a whole episode of dialog between him and Tyrion.

Buck 04-23-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8561685)
Sure I do!

If you don't like them, start your own thread.

Call it "Buck'z gayme of throwns thred fur tha iliterite".

How does a guy who already read the books get to decide the rules for those who haven't?

keg in kc 04-23-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8561757)
How does a guy who already read the books get to decide the rules for those who haven't?

I don't know. Maybe he decides to start the thread a year ago out of the kindness of his heart?

I was kidding before, but if it's such a big deal to you, feel free to start your own thread. Won't hurt my feelings a bit. Might be worth having a place for discussion of the show that bans book talk. :shrug:

Buck 04-23-2012 07:52 PM

You ****ing claim every tv show before anyone else gets the chance to start a thread.

Naw but seriously, I'm just joking around with you, but IMO, anything from a book that is different from the show (even if already aired) should be in spoiler tags.

That's a simple fix.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 07:55 PM

Isn't Supernatural is the only other show thread I have going? Maybe I'm sleep posting again.