ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500378)
Donnie Avery had nearly 800 yards and three TD's last season in Indy. He's most definitely an upgrade over Breaston, Baldwin and McCluster. Or would you care to argue otherwise?

As for Smith, I don't expect him to become Eli Manning but I expect him to protect the ball much better than Matt Cassel ever did and I expect him to actually deliver a catchable ball which will enable the receiver run up field.

Unlike Cassel.

You're just ****ing weird.

I didn't know Avery had that many yards.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9500295)
Aside from Sean Smith, who ARE these ****s, anyway???
Posted via Mobile Device

If you truly don't know who they are, you have no business being here and voicing your opinion cause you don't know shit about football. Seriously.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500411)
I think they should keep moving back repeatedly and stock up on as many middle-round picks as possible. I believe this would be a great draft to have 3 or 4 (or more) selections in the 2nd and 3rd.

If that's not an option, I go with the best player on the board, regardless of position. If that's Dion Jordan (to fit your scenario) then great. Sharrif Floyd or Sheldon Richardson? Okay. Joeckel or Fisher? I'll pretend it didn't happen.

If I absotively, posilutely have to give you a name, I think might actually go for the wild card and take a flyer on cordarrelle patterson.

Floyd, Richardson and Jordan would have more of an immediate impact than any second or third round pick.

And if the Chiefs drafted Patterson, they'd have a logjam at WR, especially since they just resigned Bowe and signed Avery to a three year deal.

If they take a WR, it should be Tavon Austin.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:08 PM

If they are gonna take Jordan or Ansah, they absolutely have to trade down and get picks.

Nicks has pretty much cornholed himself into taking a QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a whole hell of alot more out of him than people think right now.

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9500424)
If you truly don't know who they are, you have no business being here and voicing your opinion cause you don't know shit about football. Seriously.

He jumps on the first dick that moves... disregard any football post he has.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500419)

http://www.nfl.com/player/donnieavery/184/profile

60 receptions, 781 yards, 3TD's. 13 yard average.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500411)
I think they should keep moving back repeatedly and stock up on as many middle-round picks as possible. I believe this would be a great draft to have 3 or 4 (or more) selections in the 2nd and 3rd.

If that's not an option, I go with the best player on the board, regardless of position. If that's Dion Jordan (to fit your scenario) then great. Sharrif Floyd or Sheldon Richardson? Okay. Joeckel or Fisher? I'll pretend it didn't happen.

If I absotively, posilutely have to give you a name, I think might actually go for the wild card and take a flyer on cordarrelle patterson.

That's cool. I'd take the interior pass rusher in Floyd/Richardson (hoping we are 1 gap) since I can't have Geno. Yeah we've spent alot of resources on the spot, but Joke or Fisher wouldn't even be in discussion.

keg in kc 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9500391)
The appropriate way of describing it fairly would be "nobody wanted him for the amount the 9ers were willing to take." That very well may have been higher than 2+(2 or 3).

Whatever the case was, what we're giving up for him is silly. We could literally get as much from a street free agent as he's going to give the team behind center.

That's my opinion, of course. Hopefully he far, far exceeds my low expectations.

And for the upteen-millionth time, because somebody will go there like they have 8 trillion times before this week, it really has nothing to do with Geno Smith.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500430)
http://www.nfl.com/player/donnieavery/184/profile

60 receptions, 781 yards, 3TD's. 13 yard average.

good luck without Andrew, and with 1500 less yards to go around & 200 less pass attempts

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9500427)
If they are gonna take Jordan or Ansah, they absolutely have to trade down and get picks.

Nicks has pretty much cornholed himself into taking a QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a whole hell of alot more out of him than people think right now.

Buddy Nix has absolutely no business running an NFL franchise. Fortunately for the Chiefs in 2013, he does.

O.city 03-14-2013 10:10 PM

Alex Smith is alot better than he's getting credit for. Put him with Reid and he actually might end up being a top 12ish QB or higher.

Obviously Reid sees something in him.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9500438)
good luck without Andrew, and with 1500 less yards to go around

Thanks for the well wishes

DaFace 03-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9500433)
Whatever the case was, what we're giving up for him is silly. We could literally get as much from a street free agent as he's going to give the team behind center.

That's my opinion, of course. Hopefully he far, far exceeds my low expectations.

And for the upteen-millionth time, because somebody will go there like they have 8 trillion times before this week, it really has nothing to do with Geno Smith.

Out of curiosity, what other FA QB were you hoping for?

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9500419)

lol

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9500396)
Dude, I'm not going to engage in some ****ing speculative argument.

You've been pulling this shit all offseason and can ****ing stick it up your ass.

I never thought I'd see the day when Dane shoots down a fact based argument by calling it speculative after trying to prop up Alex Smith with untrue statements.

I was wrong.