ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

TimBone 09-06-2014 03:54 PM

I kinda forgot I even had this on preorder. Got the text from Gamestop today. Kinda pumped now.

Aspengc8 09-06-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10884554)
has anyone who preordered on the 360 or ps3 been able to get the free version for the xbone or ps4?

If you grab it digitally for 360/ps3, you get a free copy on next gen depending on what you purchased. IE, you get a free copy if you upgrade your system to next gen. It's tied to your PSN ID/Gamertag.

007 09-06-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10885230)
If you grab it digitally for 360/ps3, you get a free copy on next gen depending on what you purchased. IE, you get a free copy if you upgrade your system to next gen. It's tied to your PSN ID/Gamertag.

I know that. I just want to confirm if I preorder today will I be able to preload both of them. I have been hearing reports that people that preorder the digital on ps3 are not able to access the ps4 version for download. They are all worried that it didn't work,

Mav 09-06-2014 11:20 PM

Mavs ace. xbox one

Valiant 09-07-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10885230)

There are saying this is a limited time offer. it will not be forever.

keg in kc 09-07-2014 09:38 AM

I believe it's through January, but don't quote me on that.

007 09-07-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10886481)
I believe it's through January, but don't quote me on that.

January 15th

keg in kc 09-08-2014 07:23 AM

Less than a day!

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2014 07:49 AM

Level 19 Titan Crucible gameplay from the perspective of a Bungie dev who is really freakin' good at the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2pPWnxKgdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just look at how fast you move around at the higher levels, the alpha and beta were such a tiny sliver of what the full game actually is. I never really dug the Titan, but after watching that video, the Titan just might be the first character I level up to 20.

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2014 07:52 AM

I hope all of those who purchased Destiny digitally on the east coast will get to play this at midnight, it's sounding like the game won't be available until 3 AM EST for those who downloaded it.

keg in kc 09-08-2014 07:56 AM

It'll be midnight pacific for the whole US. I'm actually planning on getting up at 2am to start playing.

Gonzo 09-08-2014 10:47 AM

This game is already starting to get bad reviews. Apparently it may be another watch dogs, halo style.
God I hope not...
What I'm hearing is that it was severely over-hyped, it's a lot like halo or COD. The positives were you can upgrade weapons and mission length is awesome. People playing on next gen will notice the smooth gameplay and quick load times. PS3 and 360 users will see lag.

Aspengc8 09-08-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10893549)
This game is already starting to get bad reviews. Apparently it may be another watch dogs, halo style.
God I hope not...
What I'm hearing is that it was severely over-hyped, it's a lot like halo or COD. The positives were you can upgrade weapons and mission length is awesome. People playing on next gen will notice the smooth gameplay and quick load times. PS3 and 360 users will see lag.

Really? So a game made by the creators of Halo, plays like Halo.

Mind = blown.

Did you even play the beta? Why would current gen see 'lag' and not next gen? Or are you referring to loading time?

Genuinely curious where you are 'hearing' this from.

Mav 09-08-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10893786)
Really? So a game made by the creators of Halo, plays like Halo.

Mind = blown.

Did you even play the beta? Why would current gen see 'lag' and not next gen? Or are you referring to loading time?

Genuinely curious where you are 'hearing' this from.

The lag makes sense. Next gen used dedicated servers, and the current gen uses hosts.

That makes sense. Did you ever add me on X1?

Mav 09-08-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10893549)
God I hope not...

did you not play the beta?

The beta was 100 times better than anything that has come out as a game in the past 3 years. The story line is incredible. there is so much to do, so much to see, and the crucible is quite fun, even though it got pretty boring doing the same maps over and over, but overall it was a good time. ]

And I was a huge skeptic from the beginning because I hate change.