ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

mr. tegu 03-23-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10510857)
As a Mizzou fan, I don't. I think their run over the last two years is a good story, and good for college basketball. I am cheering for them as an underdog, or, in the case of this year, as a team that has gotten much respect...but not as passionately as I would for Mizzou. I also won't bat an eye or feel bad if WSU loses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10510861)
No, they've been a great story the last couple of seasons. I've enjoyed watching them build their story up.

Now if Wichita State had a couple of fans like Prison Bitch and Wickedson show up around these parts, the opinion of WSU might change for the Mizzou fans on this board.

Thanks. I just wasn't sure because of the whole border thing. I think the only people that hate that team are those threatened by them going undefeated. It mostly comes from some fans of the power teams it seems.

patteeu 03-23-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10510870)
Thanks. I just wasn't sure because of the whole border thing. I think the only people that hate that team are those threatened by them going undefeated. It mostly comes from some fans of the power teams it seems.

I think it would be great if they go undefeated.

Rams Fan 03-23-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10510870)

How would KU fans be threatened by Wichita St. going undefeated? They don't play Wichita St.

TribalElder 03-23-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10510892)
I think it would be great if they go undefeated.

This

It would be glorious to witness in my lifetime. The perfect season

TribalElder 03-23-2014 01:07 PM

I hope they knock off Kentucky

NCAA selection committee ****ed em. Kentucky then Louisville. I hope they rape faces all the way to the title

mr. tegu 03-23-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10510898)
How would KU fans be threatened by Wichita St. going undefeated? They don't play Wichita St.

I have no idea. Jealousy perhaps? I have noticed others complain about their schedule saying the typical rhetoric, "they are overrated and wouldn't be undefeated in our conference therefore we hate them."

greatgooglymoogly 03-23-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10510898)

The same reason MU stopped playing SLU when SLU beat them. The flagships think they will stay on top if they ignore everyone else in their "fiefdom".

Bowser 03-23-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10504209)
ST. LOUIS (KSDK) – Governor Jay Nixon doesn't have Saint Louis University Billikens going far in the NCAA tournament.

During a press conference Wednesday afternoon, Gov. Nixon said that he had SLU losing to Louisville in the third round on his bracket. He was in town to sign legislation that would limit the amount of money cancer patients could be charged for oral chemotherapy medicine.

Gov. Nixon apologized to Billiken fans for the bracket pick and said that they are great fans. As a sign of further condolence, he said that he did pick Kansas to lose early, too. According to his bracket, which he tweeted Tuesday, he has Kansas going out in the Sweet 16 to Syracuse.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/sports/nca...ikens/6619913/

http://f3.thejournal.ie/media/2013/05/cringe-3.gif

It is officially official - Missouri Governor Jay Nixon knows more about college basketball than Prison Bitch does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10507362)
Damn I love winning.

Gold, Jerry. ****ING GOLD!!

WhawhaWhat 03-23-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10510914)
I hope they knock off Kentucky

NCAA selection committee ****ed em. Kentucky then Louisville. I hope they rape faces all the way to the title

If they do win in all, it could be the greatest run ever in the tournament to cap off an undefeated season.

Rams Fan 03-23-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10510918)
The same reason MU stopped playing SLU when SLU beat them. The flagships think they will stay on top if they ignore everyone else in their "fiefdom".

It makes 0 sense for Mizzou to face SLU right now. There is no recruiting benefit for Mizzou at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10510916)
I have no idea. Jealousy perhaps? I have noticed others complain about their schedule saying the typical rhetoric, "they are overrated and wouldn't be undefeated in our conference therefore we hate them."

I would say it might be due to some sort of inferiority complex in some fans' minds.

greatgooglymoogly 03-23-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10510936)
It makes 0 sense for Mizzou to face SLU right now. There is no recruiting benefit for Mizzou at all.

There's no recruiting benefit for Mizzou to play SEMO either, but they do it.

Rams Fan 03-23-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10510939)
There's no recruiting benefit for Mizzou to play SEMO either, but they do it.

SLU wants to play Mizzou in a home-and-home. Mizzou won't agree to that, as they play in St. Louis once a year.

Mizzou gets the advantage of hosting SEMO and not having to worry about a home-and-home.

greatgooglymoogly 03-23-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10510952)
SLU wants to play Mizzou in a home-and-home. Mizzou won't agree to that, as they play in St. Louis once a year.

Mizzou gets the advantage of hosting SEMO and not having to worry about a home-and-home.

Mizzou could have the same advantage with Missouri State, but they still refuse to play because MSU won at the Hearnes Center 15 years ago. It's all about self-preservation.

duncan_idaho 03-23-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10510962)
Mizzou could have the same advantage with Missouri State, but they still refuse to play because MSU won at the Hearnes Center 15 years ago. It's all about self-preservation.

Your school has been offered one-shot games in Columbia - like what SEMO and UMKC and SIU-E have accepted - and has turned them down.

Missouri is willing to play any in-state school that will come to Mizzou Arena. Even SLU.

It's when the in-state mid-majors start demanding a home-and-home that things break down.

WhawhaWhat 03-23-2014 01:44 PM

Ruthless.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to <a href="https://twitter.com/Stanford">@Stanford</a> on a fine NCAA Tournament win!</p>&mdash; Mizzou (@Mizzou) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mizzou/statuses/447803834174562304">March 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>