ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Gruden QB Camp Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271460)

Mr_Tomahawk 04-07-2013 07:26 AM

Anyone have a lik to the Barkley episode for the OP?

Saccopoo 04-07-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9563853)
Maybe that was Geno failing to inspire you. I hear he has trouble with that sometimes.

Doesn't seem to be the case around here.

Geno has inspired damn near everyone on this board.

Guys who have advocated drafting offensive tackles every ****ing draft love Geno.

Guys who have advocated drafting sub-standard douchetards (Clausen, Sanchez) love Geno.

Guys who usually don't give a rats ass about the draft love Geno.

Geno has definitely inspired.

Geno has given us hope.

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Geno or give me death!!!

crazycoffey 04-07-2013 09:40 AM

I'm not going that far or anything. It was a good interview. He seems to really really like and understand the qb position. I will root for the kid to have success no matter where he's selected. I also am interested in see more of the gruden camps

patteeu 04-07-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9563969)
Doesn't seem to be the case around here.

Geno has inspired damn near everyone on this board.

Guys who have advocated drafting offensive tackles every ****ing draft love Geno.

Guys who have advocated drafting sub-standard douchetards (Clausen, Sanchez) love Geno.

Guys who usually don't give a rats ass about the draft love Geno.

Geno has definitely inspired.

Geno has given us hope.

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Geno or give me death!!!

OK. I can see your devotion. :thumb:

FWIW, it was a just a joke.

Mr. Laz 04-07-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9563969)

so there is an upside for the rest of us if we don't take Geno.

:D

Messier 04-07-2013 10:04 AM

People sure have aligned themselves with Geno. It seems that for several here, if the Chiefs don't take him, many will give up on Dorsey and Reid, a few already have. I think it's silly. Geno isn't some no brainer, there are teams drafting later than us that apparently think Smith is a reach even at their spot, and frankly, he is. Its only the value of the position that's putting him as high as he is. I know people are sick of bringing up last year, but this isn't Luck, Geno is a reach anywhere in the top ten, but someone will do it, and hope. Not reaching for a player won't make me angry.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9564036)
People sure have aligned themselves with Geno. It seems that for several here, if the Chiefs don't take him, many will give up on Dorsey and Reid, a few already have. I think it's silly. Geno isn't some no brainer, there are teams drafting later than us that apparently think Smith is a reach even at their spot, and frankly, he is. Its only the value of the position that's putting him as high as he is. I know people are sick of bringing up last year, but this isn't Luck, Geno is a reach anywhere in the top ten, but someone will do it, and hope. Not reaching for a player won't make me angry.

It's a ChiefsPlanet thing. Most fans on any other online Chiefs community realize this.

Nightfyre 04-07-2013 10:10 AM

You will all rue the day you called Geno Smith a reach. Geno Smith will become a franchise QB. I don't even feel like I am going out on a limb here. He has the work ethic, intelligence and accuracy to make it happen.

Messier 04-07-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9564050)
You will all rue the day you called Geno Smith a reach. Geno Smith will become a franchise QB. I don't even feel like I am going out on a limb here. He has the work ethic, intelligence and accuracy to make it happen.

Alex Smith has those qualities as well, maybe more so.

Nightfyre 04-07-2013 10:33 AM

If Alex Smith could make all the throws and was accurate, you might be on to something. That shoulder injury really messed up his career, imo. But thems the breaks.

Messier 04-07-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9564090)
If Alex Smith could make all the throws and was accurate, you might be on to something. That shoulder injury really messed up his career, imo. But thems the breaks.

He's not accurate?

Nightfyre 04-07-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9564101)
He's not accurate?

Alex Smith is not remotely accurate on deep passes and is mediocre at the intermediate level. So yea, he's not accurate.

Bowser 04-07-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9564101)
He's not accurate?

Wasn't the knock on Alex his accuracy on his deep passes? Great on short to mid range stuff, but not so great down the field?

Messier 04-07-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9564108)
Alex Smith is not remotely accurate on deep passes and is mediocre at the intermediate level. So yea, he's not accurate.

I disagree, but oh well.

aturnis 04-07-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9564005)
OK. I can see your devotion. :thumb:

FWIW, it was a just a joke.

You mean you were trolling again...