ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269947)

O.city 02-15-2013 05:30 PM

Kelly wants his QB's to be accurate so I'm not sure I really see Vick being a good fit in that offense. Just because he could run, doesn't automatically make him a fit.

The fact that they would want to trade Foles is a little leary to me, but if a guy doesn't fit your system he doesn't fit.

And also like it says in the article, I can't imagine the Eagles will be overly excited about trading Foles to Reid in KC,

Nightfyre 02-15-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9406002)
Bull ****ing shit. Your point is NOT made.

I've read my responses to those people that believed that Aaron Curry was MORE VALUABLE than a QB. That's as ludicrous today as it was in 2009.

I read my responses to those that felt like Colt McCoy and Bradford were better prospects than Stafford.

Who was right? Furthermore, NO WHERE did I spam threads or did I say was DONE or anything of that nature.

You lose.

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. How did you get a comforter big enough to cover your ego?

htismaqe 02-15-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9405932)
Talk down? What the **** are you talking about?

ANY Chiefsplanet member that challenges the idea of anyone other than Smith met with a barrage of insults. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Any member of the PRESS who challenges the notion of anyone other than Smith is met with a barrage of insults.

Get a ****ing grip: You or none of those people that so strongly advocate for Smith, or that insult and barrage other forum members, has absolutely ANY say in the matter.

It's the most ****ing reeruned thing I've ever witnessed in 12 years of Chiefsplanet and that's saying a lot.

Dude, you are a hypocrite.

Plain and simple.

htismaqe 02-15-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9406023)
I'm a liar?

LMAO

Touch a nerve there, tough guy?

He spotted you a name.

You said there were DOZENS.

Start naming them or shut the **** up.

Seriously, your high horse shit is old already and you've been back all of about 5 weeks.

Messier 02-15-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9406048)
Kelly wants his QB's to be accurate so I'm not sure I really see Vick being a good fit in that offense. Just because he could run, doesn't automatically make him a fit.

The fact that they would want to trade Foles is a little leary to me, but if a guy doesn't fit your system he doesn't fit.

And also like it says in the article, I can't imagine the Eagles will be overly excited about trading Foles to Reid in KC,

It's why I kind of don't see it. Reid would have to really believe Foles IS the QB for his time here for them to work out a trade.

gonefishin53 02-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9406027)
Do you believe that Matt Moore has given up on being a starter in the NFL?

I've not heard or read that any team or fan base is interested in him as a starter.

htismaqe 02-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9406070)
It's why I kind of don't see it. Reid would have to really believe Foles IS the QB for his time here for them to work out a trade.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT comparing the PLAYERS.

This is EXACTLY like the Matt Cassel situation.

They give up a 2nd or 3rd for him and Foles is THE man. Period.

BossChief 02-15-2013 05:42 PM

:popcorn:

RealSNR 02-15-2013 05:42 PM

Dane also has a pretty selective memory. He talks about Geno Smith getting inserted into every single football conversation being had this offseason, but he doesn't remember shit about 2009.

Mark Sanchez was EVERYWHERE. He was brought up in ALL football threads. By his supporters, detractors, and even by people who didn't have opinions. It was a huge topic. The Chiefs were in a position to draft a franchise QB. That's why Sanchez was getting "spammed" around the forum.

The cool thing about 2013 is there are a number of QBs that each deserve legitimate draft talk and consideration by the Chiefs at the #1 spot. I'm not even close to being tired of talking about the Chiefs drafting a QB. It's a hugely exciting time.

Yet when he was advocating for Sanchez in 2009 before the Cassel trade, that was alright. When Geno fans do it, they're "spamming the board."

O.city 02-15-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9406070)

Yeah, I just don't know if I'd be ok giving up a 1 or 2 rounder for him. 3rd maybe.

But yeah, if we bring him in, he's the starter.

Messier 02-15-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9406073)
Disclaimer: I'm NOT comparing the PLAYERS.

This is EXACTLY like the Matt Cassel situation.

They give up a 2nd or 3rd for him and Foles is THE man. Period.

Well the Pats franchised Cassel with the express intention of trading him from a situation where he was a backup, and nothing but. Foles is wanted, probably to start, a trade would have to sway a team and coach that is reluctant to trade what could be it's QB for the foreseeable future.

Kind of similar, except for the player himself, and the intentions of the team.

O.city 02-15-2013 05:48 PM

I'd say Kelly would be reluctant to let him go, based on the fact that he is so young and showed upside last year. It's not the same as Reid coming in her ewith Cassel.

Frankie 02-15-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9405745)
It's negotiation. You always ask for more than what you think you'll get and you meet in the middle.

To me it sounds like a 2nd in the meet in the middle price. They drafted him in the 3rd, I can't see Philly dealing him for another 3rd.

It's a new regime and a new system there. He is not a fit. They'll be happy to get there 3rd back. Our 3rd is practically a 2nd. I'd offer them our 4th. My preferred price is our 5th plus someone we don't want anymore.

They were hurting for OL last year. I wouldn't mind giving them our 3rd rounder from last year straight up. Maybe Donald Stephenson has some potential, but so does Foles.

Frankie 02-15-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9405932)
ANY Chiefsplanet member that challenges the idea of anyone other than Smith met with a barrage of insults. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Any member of the PRESS who challenges the notion of anyone other than Smith is met with a barrage of insults.

This is true.

HotCarl 02-15-2013 10:03 PM

Soon people with any reservation about Smith will be required to wear a yellow "Geno" badge around ChiefsPlanet