ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

keg in kc 05-16-2012 10:37 AM

Descriptions for the final 3 episodes, should give us an idea how they're ending things this year:
Quote:

Episode #18: “The Prince of Winterfell”
Debut: SUNDAY, MAY 20
At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha) in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) and Varys (Conleth Hill) find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah's (Iain Glen) advice. Stannis (Stephen Dillane) and Davos (Liam Cunningham) approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward. Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; directed by Alan Taylor.

Episode #19: “Blackwater”
Debut: SUNDAY, MAY 27
Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing. Written by George R.R. Martin; directed by Neil Marshall.

Episode #20: “Valar Morghulis” (season finale)
Debut: SUNDAY, JUNE 3
As Theon (Alfie Allen) stirs his men to action, Luwin (Donald Sumpter) offers some final advice. Brienne (Gwendolyn Christie) silences Jaime; Arya (Maisie Williams) receives a gift from Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha); Dany (Emilia Clarke) goes to a strange place; and Jon (Kit Harington) proves himself to Qhorin (Simon Armstrong). Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; directed by Alan Taylor.
I don't know if they can can live up to The Pointy End, Baelor and Fire and Blood from a year ago, but they should be epic.

DaFace 05-16-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8619559)
Descriptions for the final 3 episodes, should give us an idea how they're ending things this year:I don't know if they can can live up to The Pointy End, Baelor and Fire and Blood from a year ago, but they should be epic.

The fact that the description for Episode 19 is so short makes me giddy. That's going to be incredible.

keg in kc 05-16-2012 10:45 AM

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it.

Red Brooklyn 05-16-2012 10:55 AM

As Theon (Alfie Allen) stirs his men to action, Luwin (Donald Sumpter) offers some final advice. Brienne (Gwendolyn Christie) silences Jaime; Arya (Maisie Williams) receives a gift from Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha); Dany (Emilia Clarke) goes to a strange place; and Jon (Kit Harington) proves himself to Qhorin (Simon Armstrong). Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; directed by Alan Taylor.

Can we put the worry to bed now?

vailpass 05-16-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8619596)

Can we put the worry to bed now?

Do we know by that line that Jon proves himself by offing the halfhand?

Red Brooklyn 05-16-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8619736)
Do we know by that line that Jon proves himself by offing the halfhand?

No, of course not. But I feel like that's the first really strong indication we have that they aren't changing that event.

I just don't see them changing it. Never have. And I think this supports that.

Sfeihc 05-16-2012 03:42 PM

Ygritte is way hotter than any wildling I ever imagined in the first two books.

DaFace 05-16-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8620265)
Ygritte is way hotter than any wildling I ever imagined in the first two books.

Really? She's pretty damn close to what I pictured.

Setsuna 05-16-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8620273)

I completely agree with that actually. Though with a little wilder hair. I was waiting impatiently for her to say "You know nothing Jon Snow." Hawt.

Red Brooklyn 05-16-2012 06:15 PM

I feel like "you know nothing, Jon Snow" is the most anticipated line in the history of adapted TV.

Pretty sure I heard a joyful, collective "SHE SAID IT!!" celebration across the universe last Sunday.

Red Brooklyn 05-16-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8620273)

Also, this.

She's one of the most appropriately cast characters on the show so far. Looks almost exactly how I pictured.

keg in kc 05-18-2012 02:49 PM

I've caught up on the whole season today, and I gotta say, with as much more of a character as they've made Robb on the show than he was in the books, the reaction to you know what is going to be Baelorx10.

Awesome season so far. I think watching the episodes in a big chuck was the right move. Almost wish I'd waited another 3 weeks, but I'll be too busy then.

DaFace 05-18-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8624967)
I've caught up on the whole season today, and I gotta say, with as much more of a character as they've made Robb on the show than he was in the books, the reaction to you know what is going to be Baelorx10.

Awesome season so far. I think watching the episodes in a big chuck was the right move. Almost wish I'd waited another 3 weeks, but I'll be too busy then.

I actually kind of agree. I was much more invested last season when I had to...uh...procure them through other means. That time, I mostly watched them all at once. This year, I subscribed to HBO, but it's harder to keep all of the story nuances in line when you don't watch them near each other.

keg in kc 05-18-2012 03:01 PM

I watched all of season 1 on blu-ray and then jumped into season 2, was pretty great.

I guess I'm not actually totally caught up yet, because my cable was out Sunday so I didn't record the latest one (replay tonight...), but still, I'm not good with the whole waiting a week for next episode thing.

I find myself doing this with more and more shows lately. Watching in chunks of several hours at a time instead of weekly.

keg in kc 05-19-2012 01:32 PM

Caught last week's episode this morning finally, what an awesome, awesome one. They've hit my favorite point in the books, about the middle of book two clear through the end of book 3. If the quality matches last week's episode, the next season-and-a-half (or will it be 2.5?) will be the best thing ever on TV. John and Ygritte, Jamie and Brienne, Arya, Tyrion, Robb and Lady Stoneheart, even the stuff with Dany and the Unsullied (the only point in any of the books where I like her as a character). Littlefinger's maneuvering with Sansa should be good, too.

So much great stuff yet to come. I almost envy the people who haven't read it all.