ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

notorious 06-14-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6819427)
I thought this episode was supposed to be longer, and my DVR grouped Breaking Bad and Rubicon as one show so I thought the episode was supposed to be 1:48 long.

This.

Zebedee DuBois 06-15-2010 03:15 PM

They made Gale a pretty interesting fellow, just to kill him off. His musical tastes were fun.

MahiMike 06-15-2010 06:26 PM

My FAVORITE show! I DVR it each week. The last 2 episodes were intense. Walt has gotten a taste for killing and is not afraid to use it. Crazy how Jesse was the voice of reason only to repay the favor for killing Gayle (if he did).

They've gotten some good newer characters to make up for the lame wife. Saul, Mike, the Cartel boss, Gayle, the twin killer brothers.

I was a little pissed the last episode was cut short to shove the new series our way, however...

MahiMike 06-15-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6803422)
Here is what one of my less intelligent friends has to say.

"I refuse to watch "Breaking Bad". He's selling meth and that's completely unacceptable. People are like "It's great drama/writing/acting!" I don't give a ****. That's like if they had a show about a guy who raped kids for money to save his family. I don't give a damn what the reason is, the action is unacceptable and not worth acknowledging. Meth is death."

My response, "FWIW this is one of the stupidest reasons I've ever heard on why not to watch a show. You know there is another side of the story where there are people trying to get the drugs off the street. That would be like saying, "I won't watch The Wire because of the Heroin and Cocaine that they sell." There is so much other stuff in the show other than Meth."

I watch it with my 16 y/o daughter to show her what happens if you do drugs. It's a great way to discuss drugs w/your kid.

MahiMike 06-15-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl (Post 6817012)
I'm thinking Walt will end up killing Gus and rises in power with the Cartel families, Hank will really end up surprised some day to see the head of it all is Walt. Oh yea I hate Hank by the way....

Really? Why? He's cool.

Buck 06-15-2010 06:34 PM

Yeah I was mad that Gale was shot too, but it was necessary for the story line. I always like seeing actors from The Wire pop up elsewhere.

notorious 06-15-2010 07:33 PM

Hank is ****ing awesome.

Besides, he is just about the only character that has any morals left.

notorious 06-15-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6823735)
Yeah I was mad that Gale was shot too, but it was necessary for the story line. I always like seeing actors from The Wire pop up elsewhere.

Gale reminds me of the cook on Star Trek Voyager.

Buck 06-15-2010 07:54 PM

I always disliked Marie before this season started, then Skyler became a beeyotch and she took that spot. Marie started looking good to me, and then after that handy, she was just plain hot.

KcMizzou 06-15-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6823948)
I always disliked Marie before this season started, then Skyler became a beeyotch and she took that spot. Marie started looking good to me, and then after that handy, she was just plain hot.

She was obnoxious in the beginning. Seeing how she's reacted to Hank's trials and tribulations has made her much more likable. If nothing else... she's a loving wife.

A lot of people are like that. Concerned with silly things that don't really matter.... but when the shit goes down, the real person comes out.

KcMizzou 06-15-2010 08:24 PM

If I were Jesse... I think I'd have taken Walt's advice, and just run. I'd just disappear. He's supposedly got the money, and what's he got to stick around for?

notorious 06-15-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6824038)
If I were Jesse... I think I'd have taken Walt's advice, and just run. I'd just disappear. He's supposedly got the money, and what's he got to stick around for?

Jesse's is a gigantic idiot. He has ****ed up non-stop, and will continue to do so.

Buck 06-15-2010 10:49 PM

Season 1 DVD on sale for $12.49 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eapassgam08-20

Season 2 DVD on sale for $17.49 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eapassgam08-20

Thig Lyfe 06-15-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6824404)

Holy shit.

I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on that. I wish I were a little more compulsive sometimes...

irishjayhawk 06-16-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6824038)

The fear that they will find you. And he didn't even know about the Cousins but he had to know that Gus would have the man power.