ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

The Chiefs Dude 02-25-2007 08:13 PM

I hated crackdown. I'm glad I got the invite for playing halo 2 thing.

Ultra Peanut 02-26-2007 01:25 AM

Are you two playing Crackdown, or Custer's Revenge?

Because Crackdown is hot shit.

kcxiv 02-26-2007 01:35 AM

i gotten alot of mixed reviews on Crackdown. Going to have to rent first i think. But MLB2k8 is comming out. so thats a top priority for me

Ultra Peanut 02-26-2007 01:55 AM

The demo on the Marketplace is a good sample of Crackdown. If you enjoy it, you'll enjoy the game (and then some).

The key thing about Crackdown is that it's basically a game that sets out to let you create your own fun. You're the one who decides who you want to kill and how you want to do it. You're the one who decides where to go and whether or not you want to climb to the top of that building, chuck a flammable barrel from the top, and shoot it as it nears the ground.

It doesn't reign you in with a storyline or rules, it just turns you loose in a huge city with all sort of fun things to climb, jump over, run over, and shoot.

Archie Bunker 02-26-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
The demo on the Marketplace is a good sample of Crackdown. If you enjoy it, you'll enjoy the game (and then some).

The key thing about Crackdown is that it's basically a game that sets out to let you create your own fun. You're the one who decides who you want to kill and how you want to do it. You're the one who decides where to go and whether or not you want to climb to the top of that building, chuck a flammable barrel from the top, and shoot it as it nears the ground.

It doesn't reign you in with a storyline or rules, it just turns you loose in a huge city with all sort of fun things to climb, jump over, run over, and shoot.

I'm going to give it another run this week, only played it for a hour. It seemed like it just dropped me in the middle of mayhem with no idea what to do but I guess that is what they were trying to do. I didn't care much for the graphics or for the aiming.

Hopefully after giving it a good solid run I will like it better.

Ultra Peanut 02-27-2007 07:37 AM

The MLB 2k7 demo is pretty nice.

Damnit. Like I need to juggle MORE games.

Redrum_69 02-27-2007 09:17 AM

GUITAR HERO 360

HALO 3

OH ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

Ultra Peanut 02-27-2007 12:21 PM

:whackit: CLUSTER GRENADES :whackit:

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I went to GameStop today and bought these:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802320

They're made of silicone and they popped on in less than 30 seconds. Not only do they protect the thumbstick, preventing any further wear, but they have SUPERB grip. No more thumb slipping and accidentally hitting Start or Guide buttons during FNR3!

bought some today.. HATE them. doesn't feel natural - definitely uncomfortable.

i should have just torn that 5 dollar bill in half.

htismaqe 02-28-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
bought some today.. HATE them. doesn't feel natural - definitely uncomfortable.

i should have just torn that 5 dollar bill in half.

ROFL

You'd be in the vast minority of the people I've recommended them to. They're made of silicone gel, and you find them "uncomfortable". :hmmm:

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

ROFL

You'd be in the vast minority of the people I've recommended them to. They're made of silicone gel, and you find them "uncomfortable". :hmmm:

:hmmm:
i bought them based on ur recommendation... and yes they are very uncomfortable. feels like tiny suction cups pulling against ur thumbs.

htismaqe 02-28-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

:hmmm:
i bought them based on ur recommendation... and yes they are very uncomfortable. feels like tiny suction cups pulling against ur thumbs.

ROFL

I'm just giving you a hard time. I've probably had 20 people buy them based on my recommendation and you're the only one that's complained. Are you sure you put them on correctly? Do your hands sweat excessively? They shouldn't stick to your thumbs at all...

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

ROFL

I'm just giving you a hard time. I've probably had 20 people buy them based on my recommendation and you're the only one that's complained. Are you sure you put them on correctly? Do your hands sweat excessively? They shouldn't stick to your thumbs at all...

i'm sure they're on correctly.. my hands sweat but not excessively.
precise FPS aiming is out if you use these.. though i enjoyed nhl2k7 with them.
i'll give em a few more chances

htismaqe 02-28-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

i'm sure they're on correctly.. my hands sweat but not excessively.
precise FPS aiming is out if you use these.. though i enjoyed nhl2k7 with them.
i'll give em a few more chances

So you're having trouble with FPS? I'll have to download a FPS demo of some kind and try it out. You may be right.

I do know that they've made FNR3 INFINITELY easier.

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

So you're having trouble with FPS? I'll have to download a FPS demo of some kind and try it out. You may be right.

I do know that they've made FNR3 INFINITELY easier.

right, only with FPSs. COD3 and GOW were both a disaster. Need for speed carbon and other sports games seemed okay and may even give a little edge.