ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Guild Wars 2 updates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229381)

jspchief 09-03-2012 05:14 PM

How did you get a pet? Drop? Or are you a ranger?

Bump 09-03-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8874897)
How did you get a pet? Drop? Or are you a ranger?

ranger

hometeam 09-03-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8874817)
BADASS! I found my pet FO LIFE!

It looks just like what a mean badass Jayhawk would look like!

This game rules! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...GW2Jayhawk.png

booo!

Bump 09-03-2012 11:32 PM

I wonder if they have a KU grad/fan working on this game, that bird's colors are pretty lined up with the logo

Pants 09-03-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8875924)
I wonder if they have a KU grad/fan working on this game, that bird's colors are pretty lined up with the logo

Well, it's pretty obvious, I think.

hometeam 09-04-2012 08:43 AM

you never know, as there are TONS of pop culture references in the game~

Also a i hope a black and gold tiger mauls your moa~

also guys, im 400 cooking! Hit me up if you need foodage i have a bunch I am not going to use!

Food always gives a bonus and then + exp 30 minute buffs

AndChiefs 09-04-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8876188)

also guys, im 400 cooking! Hit me up if you need foodage i have a bunch I am not going to use!

I'm 220 armor, 250 jeweler. If anybody needs anything. I have no problem doing it for free.

Bump 09-04-2012 09:58 AM

Jesus, I thought I was doing ok getting my hunstman to 65, lol. I have some work to do on that.

Canofbier 09-04-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8876188)

I got the swiftness on kill rune for my gun after you suggested it, but it only seems to last the five seconds it's supposed to after a kill. They must have fixed it.

hometeam 09-04-2012 10:36 AM

yes they did.. couple of days ago :(

thecoffeeguy 09-04-2012 01:01 PM

So, I just picked this up on Sunday (BestBuy had it in stock...woot!)

Anyway, fired it up and logged in.
First thing I noticed, I need to upgrade my rig LMAO (which is pretty good right now) to take advantage of all the graphic settings. Very anxious to do that.

Rolled a Charr Thief.
Combat is VERY different, but very very entertaining. Honestly, I thought I would absolutely hate to have to 'dodge', but I actually quite like it.
Combat takes some getting used to so I am still learning how everything works. For example, my main attack (button 1 by default), when I hover over it, it lists several different attacks and I am not quite sure when/how they work or are used...little confusing.

It DEFINITELY is different from traditional MMO's, but so far, it is refreshing. There is a learning curve, but thats cool...

I tried out PvP (I am a big time PvP'r...PvE is meh for me, but i still enjoy it).

I was floored when I saw all the different items you can get for PvP. Its like two different games really. PvP and PvE. Did a few matches last night and so far, after a few hours playing, i like it. I like that you cant just steamroll somebody due to gear difference. Combat is actually challenging and entertaining.

I tried to queue up for WvWvW, but I had to log after waiting about 10mins because it was full. Definitely want to try that out.

I tried a Thief and Ranger. Both are fun. Want to try a Necro and Mesmer.

BTW, can you only have a total of 5 character slots across all the servers?

Valiant 09-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8876895)
So, I just picked this up on Sunday (BestBuy had it in stock...woot!)

Anyway, fired it up and logged in.
First thing I noticed, I need to upgrade my rig LMAO (which is pretty good right now) to take advantage of all the graphic settings. Very anxious to do that.

Rolled a Charr Thief.
Combat is VERY different, but very very entertaining. Honestly, I thought I would absolutely hate to have to 'dodge', but I actually quite like it.
Combat takes some getting used to so I am still learning how everything works. For example, my main attack (button 1 by default), when I hover over it, it lists several different attacks and I am not quite sure when/how they work or are used...little confusing.

It DEFINITELY is different from traditional MMO's, but so far, it is refreshing. There is a learning curve, but thats cool...

I tried out PvP (I am a big time PvP'r...PvE is meh for me, but i still enjoy it).

I was floored when I saw all the different items you can get for PvP. Its like two different games really. PvP and PvE. Did a few matches last night and so far, after a few hours playing, i like it. I like that you cant just steamroll somebody due to gear difference. Combat is actually challenging and entertaining.

I tried to queue up for WvWvW, but I had to log after waiting about 10mins because it was full. Definitely want to try that out.

I tried a Thief and Ranger. Both are fun. Want to try a Necro and Mesmer.

BTW, can you only have a total of 5 character slots across all the servers?

Really? my computer is from 2006 dual core and a 150 dollar graffix card from that time.. Runs it fine.. Don't get me wrong, if I had a new one it would be 100x prettier.. But on the low to mid settings, look beautiful and handles about 50+ players on screen no problem..

thecoffeeguy 09-05-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8878293)
Really? my computer is from 2006 dual core and a 150 dollar graffix card from that time.. Runs it fine.. Don't get me wrong, if I had a new one it would be 100x prettier.. But on the low to mid settings, look beautiful and handles about 50+ players on screen no problem..

Oh ya, I can run it fine, on lower settings, but i want higher settings. Plus I run a 27" monitor as well. I am super picky about how i want things to look. Dont get me wrong, it looks great now, but I want to turn on all the extra bells and whistles while still maintaining a high level of FPS...

Canofbier 09-07-2012 01:10 PM

For those of you still wondering if you should buy this game, here's a pretty comprehensive review that was posted just yesterday on YouTube. It's reasonably long, but if you're even remotely interested it ought to hold your interest.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ax-_06Acj8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Incidentally, if you have this game, make sure that you have a UNIQUE password for your game account. My password was pretty complex, but it was the same as a password for something else that had apparently been discovered at some point, so I got hacked. Hoping that ArenaNet will restore my account soon, because I'm itching to play more of this game!

Bump 09-07-2012 01:13 PM

so is this correct about PvP? You can only get better looking items, not better items like with more damage or more armor or whatever? They are all going to have the same stats? But are there different runes? I made a few PvP items at the mythic forge and they had an open rune slot, so maybe you can make runes? I still don't understand how it works.

So that's when skill selection and actually player skill will come into play, I like that. It's not just a gear check, thats cool with me if that's the case.