ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Imon Yourside 04-16-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9592424)
There's rumblings going around that he's meeting with them to tell them that he's going to UK.

I've only seen that from KU posters leary from the Randle episode, not sure there is anything more to it than that.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-16-2013 02:05 PM

The way Wiggins speaks in interviews makes me 99.999% certain he is UK-bound.

Would be great to have him hear...but Self lands 1 out of ever 10 of these kids. Cal gets the other 9.

Regardless, we will still have a damn good class coming in. Selden and Embiid graded out as 5 star recruits in the final McDonald rankings. :KU:

Chiefs Pantalones 04-16-2013 08:39 PM

Marcus Smart returning for sophomore year.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-16-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9594101)

Dayummm...

Chiefs Pantalones 04-16-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9594114)
Dayummm...

Would've been a top 5 pick too. He thinks he needs to improve on his game and grow up from what I've read. I wish they all could be mature like him and realize leaving a year early or staying could be the difference between a 4 year career (like most OADs have, making it rain in the D league or on the bench) or a long, tenured career.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-16-2013 08:53 PM

Who else is returning to OSU? Were Nash and Brown seniors...?

With Smart returning...I think you have to bump OSU towards the top of the B12. Everyone else is will be down next season.

KC_Connection 04-16-2013 08:57 PM

Marcus Smart returning seriously makes no sense at all. That's a ton of money he's giving up considering he's basically a guaranteed top 5 pick in this draft. But whatever, KU's going to have their biggest threat to their B12 title in years from OSU now. Should make it a fun year to see if they can do it.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-16-2013 09:01 PM

As Bilas was saying, the NBA isn't patient with these kids. They expect quick results. That's why a lot of these guys "disappear" as he said after a couple years. If money, a quick retirement and a shorter career than Vanilla Ice is the plan then go. He compared it to some people that win the lottery then are broke a year or so later.

I applaud Smart.

Buehler445 04-16-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9594101)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9594195)
As Bilas was saying, the NBA isn't patient with these kids. They expect quick results. That's why a lot of these guys "disappear" as he said after a couple years. If money, a quick retirement and a shorter career than Vanilla Ice is the plan then go. He compared it to some people that win the lottery then are broke a year or so later.

I applaud Smart.

Fugg. He's going to be sick. Really ****ing sick.

But I don't know man. If he blows out his knee and doesn't get a shot at the league, I'd take a Vanilla Ice career.

RustShack 04-16-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9594162)
Who else is returning to OSU? Were Nash and Brown seniors...?

With Smart returning...I think you have to bump OSU towards the top of the B12. Everyone else is will be down next season.

You would think if Smart is returning, the other two guys are too... They must think they can make a long run, and theres a pretty good chance that for once Kansas wont be picked to win the Big12.. even though they will still be the other favorite.

But it will be good for the Big12 to have a power team... other than OSU now everyone elses team will be mostly unknown and probably a few surprises... but early looks like a real down year.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-16-2013 09:58 PM

College Gameday will be in pokeland and Lawrence next year. I bet one will be the last game of conference play. You thirsty, OKSt? Well come get something to drink. Challenge accepted.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-17-2013 07:40 AM

Jack Harry just pee'd himself with excitement. He's now the biggest Cowboy fan out there... well at least for a year.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-17-2013 11:57 AM

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanCBS3m
Kansas assistant Joe Dooley will replace Andy Enfield at Florida Gulf Coast, sources told CBSSports --

silver5liter 04-17-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9595654)
Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanCBS3m
Kansas assistant Joe Dooley will replace Andy Enfield at Florida Gulf Coast, sources told CBSSports --

FUGGGGGG

Prison Bitch 04-17-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9594175)
Marcus Smart returning seriously makes no sense at all. That's a ton of money he's giving up considering he's basically a guaranteed top 5 pick in this draft. But whatever, KU's going to have their biggest threat to their B12 title in years from OSU now. Should make it a fun year to see if they can do it.

Just replay the Kevin Ware injury a few times, and that oughta convince anyone to go pro. Don't have any idea why he's returning.