ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Why Not? 07-05-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12944413)
Ain't that the truth.

So great that the Royals have risen to prominence and the Orioles haven't done shit except serve as a platform for a great Dyson quote and a great J Guts t shirt. Clearly drives La douche crazy.

duncan_idaho 07-05-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12944399)

See, one thing I think this "oh, no, 2018 and 19 are going to be terrible!" Thoughts or comments fail to account for is that the royals have some very high upside young talent in Soler and Mondesi who are not prospect eligible any more and therefore fall off lists.

If Mondesi was prospect eligible, he's a top 20 guy now that his offensive production is finally matching his tools.

Another thing it doesn't account for is the core that will still be here (Duffy, Perez, and a lot of solid other players).

Another thing it doesn't account for is what the team will do in free agency. Maybe the royals keep Moustakas. That changes the optics a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiTown 07-05-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12944399)

Such a dumb ****ing take. If they make the Playoffs and make a deep run, who gives a **** what '18, '19 & '20 look like. I suspect that we are rebuilding after 2017 anyway. So, why not go for it while you have the opportunity?

penbrook 07-05-2017 11:47 AM

J Guts will always have a special place in Royals history

Mama Hip Rockets 07-05-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12944398)
Could we have won the 2015 World Series without Cueto and Zobrist? Maybe. Maaaaaybe.

Absolutely not.

Halfcan 07-05-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12944398)
That's my thing. I was a fan of selling even as of maybe two weeks ago, but I could see wanting to go all in since the Royals were making a convincing push. But I did not and do not want to see us just stand pat. Either sell the lot or buy buy buy. If you're going to go in on this season, then go ALL in.

Could we have won the 2015 World Series without Cueto and Zobrist? Maybe. Maaaaaybe. Could we have won the 2014 World Series if we had traded for a decent bat? Possibly. Just don't mess around. Fix the holes and go rape faces.

Great post! :clap:
Those were excellent moves. Zobrist was amazing and provided a huge lift with his bat and positive winning attitude. Like you said- maybe - but I think our odds would have been cut in half.

Royals have been playing great ball, you can tell they are really jelling as a team. This division is up for grabs, winning that would be a nice springboard into the playoffs where the Royals have shown they can beat teams that look better on paper.

KChiefs1 07-05-2017 11:52 AM

Yankee fans...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fa7433320a.png

C3HIEF3S 07-05-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12944436)
Yankee fans...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fa7433320a.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GIiYw53nGd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigCatDaddy 07-05-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12944423)
See, one thing I think this "oh, no, 2018 and 19 are going to be terrible!" Thoughts or comments fail to account for is that the royals have some very high upside young talent in Soler and Mondesi who are not prospect eligible any more and therefore fall off lists.

If Mondesi was prospect eligible, he's a top 20 guy now that his offensive production is finally matching his tools.

Another thing it doesn't account for is the core that will still be here (Duffy, Perez, and a lot of solid other players).

Another thing it doesn't account for is what the team will do in free agency. Maybe the royals keep Moustakas. That changes the optics a lot.

Totally agree. Signing Moose could set up for one hell on an all around infield regardless with what happens with Hosmer.

penbrook 07-05-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12944447)
Totally agree. Signing Moose could set up for one hell on an all around infield regardless with what happens with Hosmer.

I still think we can sign Moose and Hos. I'm sure Mondesi can at least be better than Esky

Chiefspants 07-05-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12944372)
Along with the entire starting staff of the 2015 Mets.

FOUR ACES BEAT A ROYAL FLUSH AMIRITE?

It's great to have exciting baseball back in KC this summer.

About 2015, I highly doubt we win the WS without Zo or Cueto. We all know of Zo's heroics in the postseason (the doubles record, the Game 6 homer off Price, etc, etc) but I don't know if we win the Astros series without Cueto.

We likely roll with a Ventura, Volquez and Young rotation without Cueto. If Volquez gets rushed for 5 runs in his second hypothetical start against the Stros, it changes the entire complexion of Game 5.

"But Chiefspant, we scored 7 runs in Game 5, it wouldn't have mattered if the Astros scored 5."

It would have, if we were down 5-0 instead of 2-0, everything changes about Game 5. The Astros pitch sequencing to us would have been completely different, McHugh wouldn't have faced the anxiety he had holding down a 1 run lead in the 5th, and AJ Hinch wouldn't have felt pressured to make an agressive pull of his soft tossing starter that gave our fastball loving lineup fits in Game 1. Without Cueto, there are many reasons to suspect that we faced long odds topping one of our worst match-ups of 2015 in a do or die game. This same logic applies to the World Series, if we roll with a Volquez, Ventura, Young and Medlen rotation and Ventura gets bombed in Game 2, this entire series shifts as well.

Cueto's incredible two hitter against the Mets in Game 2 gave our bullpen critical rest and allowed them to load up for the trip to Queens, and we all know how crucial our pen was there.

penbrook 07-05-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12944464)
FOUR ACES BEAT A ROYAL FLUSH AMIRITE?

It's great to have exciting baseball back in KC this summer.

About 2015, I highly doubt we win the WS withou Zo or Cueto. We all know of Zo's heroics in the postseason (the Doubles record, the Game 6 homer off Price, etc, etc) but I don't know if we win the Astros series without Cueto.

We likely roll with a Ventura, Volquez and Young rotation without Cueto. If Volquez gets rushed for 5 runs in his second hypothetical start against the Stros, it changes the entire complexion of Game 5.

"But Chiefspant, we scored 7 runs in Game 5, it wouldn't have mattered if the Astros scored 5."

It would have, if we were down 5-0 instead of 2-0, everything changes about Game 5. The Astros pitch sequencing to us would have been completely different, McHugh wouldn't have faced the anxiety he had holding down a 1 run lead in the 5th, and AJ Hinch wouldn't have felt pressured to make an agressive pull of his soft tossing starter that gave our fastball loving lineup fits in Game 1. Without Cueto, there are many reasons to suspect that we faced long odds topping one of our worst match-ups in a do or die game.

Plus, his incredible two hitter against the Mets in Game 2 gave our bullpen critical rest and allowed them to load up for the trip to Queens, and we all know how crucial our pen was there.

Eh **** it bring back Cueto again for a playoff run

TLO 07-05-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12944469)
Eh **** it bring back Cueto again for a playoff run

Yeah let's not

penbrook 07-05-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12944472)
Yeah let's not

Why not? He was crucial in our World Series win

C3HIEF3S 07-05-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12944485)
Why not? He was crucial in our World Series win

He was a complete headcase.