ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

DanBecky 11-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10233524)
While they are without question not a better program than KU I would listen to the argument that Jay is a better coach. What is self's head to head record against him? I think it's a losing record. Sure, we've had more success in the tourney but Self does have more talent on his teams so we should be better in that. Either way they are both great coaches and you couldn't go wrong with either of them. I'd rather have Self but I think you could make an argument for Jay.

Jay Wright cut Sherron Collins AND Mario Chalmers from team USA in 2007. That's all you really need to know about Jay Wright.

CoMoChief 11-30-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 10233869)
Jay Wright cut Sherron Collins AND Mario Chalmers from team USA in 2007. That's all you really need to know about Jay Wright.

So what? There are likely many factors that go into those kinds of decisions that you know absolutely nothing about. Especially for some exhibition game(s).

Jay Wright is a hell of a coach.

If Bill Self were to leave Kansas....and if KU decided to go w/ someone that didn't necessarily have present/former ties to the program, Wright would be on my short list of candidates.

Kiimo 11-30-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10233906)
So what? There are likely many factors that go into those kinds of decisions that you know absolutely nothing about. Especially for some exhibition game(s).

Jay Wright is a hell of a coach.

If Bill Self were to leave Kansas....and if KU decided to go w/ someone that didn't necessarily have present/former ties to the program, Wright would be on my short list of candidates.

So Kansas can play a zone? I don't think so.

CoMoChief 11-30-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 10233910)
So Kansas can play a zone? I don't think so.

He would be on my short list of candidates.

There's nothing wrong w/ playing zone. Many teams do it, and it can be highly effective if executed properly.

KC_Connection 11-30-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10233524)
While they are without question not a better program than KU I would listen to the argument that Jay is a better coach. What is self's head to head record against him? I think it's a losing record. Sure, we've had more success in the tourney but Self does have more talent on his teams so we should be better in that. Either way they are both great coaches and you couldn't go wrong with either of them. I'd rather have Self but I think you could make an argument for Jay.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...81-300-167.gif

O.city 11-30-2013 01:12 PM

An extremely youn team lost a road game over Holliday break to a good team. It happens.

KC_Connection 11-30-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10233729)
I'd agree with this. I'm glad we caught a tough, physical team to go along with some adversity from the officials and balls not bouncing our way early. I REALLY wish we would have won the game, but IMO it is good for the young guys to see how tough they need to play. I'd rather drop games like this now, then run into this type of game in league.

More teams like Villanova are going to try to make games more about physicality against KU and less about skill/talent because it's the only way they can win. We have to be ready for that kind of fight from teams.

Quote:

The negatives are obvious, fouls, turnovers missed shots (Freethrows :banghead:), but the thing nobody is really talking about is defensive rebounds. Box score said they had 12 offensive rebounds. And we got out rebounded 38-28. Fuuuuuuuuuck. When we made that run, we were getting Defensive rebounds, Embiid helped that a lot until he went out.
Yeah, Embiid is one of the best rebounders in the country. When he wasn't in, they were getting destroyed in the boards. If he didn't get into foul trouble, the game's outcome might have been completely different. He's going to have to learn how to get through games without fouling (although I found a few of his fouls awfully questionable by the standard of what they were allowing most of the game).

CoMoChief 11-30-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10233963)
An extremely youn team lost a road game over Holliday break to a good team. It happens.

and every now and then Bill Self gets outcoached.

yet some people fail to realize that.

O.city 11-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10233967)
and every now and then Bill Self gets outcoached.

yet some people fail to realize that.

Every coach does from time to time. Even te great ones.

Like I said, it happens

BWillie 11-30-2013 01:39 PM

Not sure I agree with Tharpe and Mason being on the court so much at the SAME time. Would much rather have one or the other. AW3 probably plays better defense than Tharpe even at this point, and we need a shooter in. Mason and Tharpe aint in there for shooting.

Shogun 11-30-2013 04:30 PM

Will they be motivated today?

KC_Connection 11-30-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10234222)
Will they be motivated today?

If they really hate losing, they should be.

Imon Yourside 11-30-2013 04:56 PM

Frank Mason ‏ @ F_Mason15 22m

Everybody who got some to say about me and my decisions it's just motivation I know I made bad decisions and I will improve from them.

Frank Mason ‏ @ F_Mason15 21m

Some of KU fans <<<<<

Frank Mason ‏ @ F_Mason15 4m

They love us when we win though

Some KU fans need to kindly STFU

Buehler445 11-30-2013 05:02 PM

What time do they play today?

Mr. Laz 11-30-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10234264)
What time do they play today?

6 p.m NBCSN