ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Official Pirates at Royals 7/22 Game Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293520)

Anyong Bluth 07-22-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11612864)
Enjoy the wins. Thanks for helping out. However tomorrow, your going down

like your mom.

BigRedChief 07-22-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11612886)
like your mom.

My mom died last month. Thanks for bringing that up.

wazu 07-22-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11612775)
Gordon dealt with playing on some horrible teams. I feel so bad for him to not be able to enjoy playing with this team right now.

That poor, sad, mutli-millionaire who plays baseball for a living and has been a superstar athlete since his teen years. Hope he isn't feeling sad tonight.

New World Order 07-22-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsroyals54 (Post 11612808)
record with Gordon out:

9 - 3

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

KChiefs1 07-22-2015 11:21 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...be9b3fc648.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...c500ed11c7.jpg

-King- 07-23-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11612912)
That poor, sad, mutli-millionaire who plays baseball for a living and has been a superstar athlete since his teen years. Hope he isn't feeling sad tonight.

People who bring up the amount of money someone has as a reason to not feel for them are pretty stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why Not? 07-23-2015 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11613079)
People who bring up the amount of money someone has as a reason to not feel for them are pretty stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha. I was just thinking this before I saw your post.

Great Expectations 07-23-2015 08:39 AM

Some people don't understand how much happiness can be bought by money.

cmh6476 07-23-2015 09:11 AM

nice to see Minnesota slowing down

wazu 07-23-2015 09:14 AM

Money is no guarantee of happiness. Nor is a career playing baseball and living a lifestyle most of us could only dream of. But I will admit those things generally contribute to me not feeling too bad for a guy because he has to take a couple of months off playing a game. I do feel some empathy for the physical pain associated with his injury, though. Does that make me less of an unfeeling monster?

Anyong Bluth 07-23-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11613235)
Some people don't understand how much happiness can be bought by money.

Actually, they did a study and found money can buy happiness - an extent. The amount is about $75,000 a year. That's where income reaches an impact on people's level of happiness.
Money in excess of around $75k was found to have virtually no meaningful impact on increasing one's happiness in day to day life.

Why Not? 07-23-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11613290)
Money is no guarantee of happiness. Nor is a career playing baseball and living a lifestyle most of us could only dream of. But I will admit those things generally contribute to me not feeling too bad for a guy because he has to take a couple of months off playing a game. I do feel some empathy for the physical pain associated with his injury, though. Does that make me less of an unfeeling monster?

Yes it does. It's all about context. If somebody says "I feel bad for Alex Gordon because he doesn't make Arod money" then I think your o.p. makes legit sense. But he was referencing a normal human response to seeing a humble, hardworking guy miss out on a few months of work with his brothers. If it was all about $, half of the fun of sports(the emotional connection)would be lost. At the end of the series last year, before we all had time to reflect, everyone felt bad(especially the players, you could tell). Nobody said "oh well, their all rich so no worries". Just my opinion. And stupid was a bit harsh to direct your way, I just disagree with your line of thinking there.

wazu 07-23-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 11613348)
Yes it does. It's all about context. If somebody says "I feel bad for Alex Gordon because he doesn't make Arod money" then I think your o.p. makes legit sense. But he was referencing a normal human response to seeing a humble, hardworking guy miss out on a few months of work with his brothers. If it was all about $, half of the fun of sports(the emotional connection)would be lost. At the end of the series last year, before we all had time to reflect, everyone felt bad(especially the players, you could tell). Nobody said "oh well, their all rich so no worries". Just my opinion. And stupid was a bit harsh to direct your way, I just disagree with your line of thinking there.

Well stated. I was probably overly harsh. May be a conditioned response as I sometimes roll my eyes at the outpouring of sympathy that I see for celebrities experiencing setbacks. Just something about the fact that it's a person none of us know, whereas there are tons of people I actually do know who are facing much bigger problems themselves, while worrying about a celebrity. This was a very minor example though that didn't warrant my mockery.

Why Not? 07-23-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11613393)
Just something about the fact that it's a person none of us know, whereas there are tons of people I actually do know who are facing much bigger problems themselves, while worrying about a celebrity.

This is always a fair point.