ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** Official Kansas State vs Kansas Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271209)

WilliamTheIrish 03-16-2013 07:38 PM

And to be clear, I'm not bitching about the officials. Any coach worth his salt thinks that if foul disparity gets out of hand you have to be smart enough to get the attention of the officials.

Instead we got Mr. Gentleman with the shitbeating grin. And what did he do to get the Cats some better open looks? Not a GD thing. We held the ball on 8 consecutive possessions inside 7 seconds and never got a good look. That's how you go 8 minutes w/o a FG.

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9507049)
Talent is the major disparity between great programs and good, decent programs. The first game was not in doubt inside the last 5 minutes. They stretched it to 10 and we hit a few threes to keep it close.

Today was what I've been waiting to see. That Weber is total puss. If that's me or Frank, I'm taking the T to get the officials attention, just like Self did yesterday. Give up two FT's in trade for the next two or three foul calls.
Instead, he stood there like neck brace Wooly giggling like ****ing tard. Or jamming his hands in his pockets.

The players deserved a better coach today. And I'm afraid we'll be saying that for the next 4 years.

Again, I am not going to argue on the talent aspect. That has been an issue for at least as long as I have been alive and probably longer.

And you will certainly get no argument from on Weber. Hated the hire from the get go. I wanted the Gottlieb experiment.

That doesn't change the fact that there is an obvious mental issue when it comes to playing KU. The have been conditioned to losing to them. They fuck up the opportunities they do get because that is what they are accustomed to doing. I'm really arguing with you, just pointing out another aspect in all of this.

notorious 03-16-2013 07:43 PM

LMAO

In the first two minutes, KU pushed KSU's offense deep past the 3 point arc on every possession. I turned to my brother and said, "It's already over."

Boy was I right.

chief4life 03-16-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9506984)
As usual, we had our opportunity in the first half and failed to capitalize. Is does us no good if KU is struggling on offense if we are too. We can't just hang with them and hope to be there at the end. We have to get points early when KU is off to give us a buffer when they get on a roll. And we never do. We just always play so damned tight against them. It is completely a psyche thing.

Just man up and say you got owned three times by us! No its called Bill Self is a better coach, and he knows how to shut you down. It's called text book defense, and Releford shutting your boy down all night. Quit giving excuses about we had our opportunity. There was no point in that game that KU didn't have your number. K-state isn't a bad team, but we proved today that we are the far superior team. We are the real Big 12 champs you can hold the clipboard haha! RCJH

notorious 03-16-2013 07:44 PM

KU got a lot more calls because they took the ball to the rim a LOT. KSU was trying to avoid contact.

The officiating wasn't bad IMO. (KSU fan here)

Mr. Laz 03-16-2013 07:48 PM

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4...xrcyaeothp.jpg

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9507075)
Just man up and say you got owned three times by us! No its called Bill Self is a better coach, and he knows how to shut you down. It's called text book defense, and Releford shutting your boy down all night. Quit giving excuses about we had our opportunity. There was no point in that game that KU didn't have your number. K-state isn't a bad team, but we proved today that we are the far superior team. We are the real Big 12 champs you can hold the clipboard haha! RCJH

Please point me to where I gave excuses. Both teams had opportunities. KU took advantage of more than K-State did. You are reading into my comments something that isn't there.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-16-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9507079)
KU got a lot more calls because they took the ball to the rim a LOT. KSU was trying to avoid contact.

Same story as in lawrence. In Manhattan, we attacked the rim and went inside, but King Custard apparently didn't think that was good enough.

notorious 03-16-2013 07:50 PM

The talent gap is obvious, too.

Mix that with excellent ball movement vs. shit, and you have what we had tonight.

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9507079)

With the exception of one no call (Angel dragging a defender to the bucket) I don't even see a reason to bring officiating up.

Al Czervik 03-16-2013 07:51 PM

Extremely proud of both teams....
Here is to deep runs in the tourney for the Hawks and Cats....

notorious 03-16-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9507102)
Same story as in lawrence. In Manhattan, we attacked the rim and went inside, but King Custard apparently didn't think that was good enough.

It will only get worse.

This is the peak of KSU basketball for us until the next head coach comes into town.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-16-2013 07:52 PM

officiating tonight wasn't bad,despite the disparity early in the halves. We just committed a lot of dumb fouls.

In Lawrence they call more ticky-tack stuff as I recall, and can't speak to in Manhattan well as I was watching on my cell phone from Orlando.

notorious 03-16-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9507104)
With the exception of one no call (Angel dragging a defender to the bucket) I don't even see a reason to bring officiating up.

My other KSU friends are crying, I didn't read this thread but I figured there were a few in here doing the same.

My mistake. ;)

mikeyis4dcats. 03-16-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9507106)
It will only get worse.

This is the peak of KSU basketball for us until the next head coach comes into town.

Yup. I have been on record as saying that King Custard could take us to 4 Final Fours and I'd still dislike him.