ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469169)

Just like the guys who selected Kaepernick, Wilson and Rodgers.

None of those teams spent the #1 overall pick on those guys, nor would they.

Geno Smith has too many questions around him, making his value much lower than #1 overall.

In58men 03-05-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469240)
Dude, I'll run right the **** to my computer, buy a Barkley jersey, and wear it with pride. Just DO THE ****ING DEAL FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Do it for SAUTO! DO IT FOR SAKe! I DONT GIVE A **** WHY ANYMORE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Barkley sucks bro

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469281)
If there really are legions of these useless ****s, then I do not feel one iota bad about reevaluating my relationship with the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

If your allegiance to a team is based upon the intelligence of its fans, you may as well quit watching any professional sport tonight.

Mav 03-05-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469169)
This is a unique situation, though.

If they think Geno as a good chance at being top notch, but also has a flaw that scares them about him, why not hedge their bets by signing a guy that can hit the field right away while Geno learns the offense, the play calls, the protections, the personnel and has time to be prepared?

Alex Smith gives them a dependable game manager that is a top notch teammate so that if the Geno pick doesn't work out, they don't fall flat on their face because of it...but if it works out they look lik complete geniuses.

Just like the guys who selected Kaepernick, Wilson and Rodgers.

pretty much this. good post.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9469302)
If your allegiance to a team is based upon the intelligence of its fans, you may as well quit watching any professional sport tonight.

I don't think his intelligence is based on anything other than Tom & Jerry reruns.

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469292)
None of those teams spent the #1 overall pick on those guys, nor would they.

Geno Smith has too many questions around him, making his value much lower than #1 overall.

So did all of those guys...that's kinda my point. Geno is a better prospect than any of them were...as indicated by where they were drafted and where Geno is projected to go.

It's why "value" when talking about quarterbacks is total bullshit.

Reid had McNabb, Kolb AND Vick.

You can't tell me that getting Geno and Alex Smith is much different than that combined investment.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467562)
The Browns and Eagles are dying for a young strong offensive line. Both would entertain thoughts of trading up for Joeckel, still leaving us Smith and some compensatory picks later in the draft.

Does that solidify the argument?

lololololololol trading UP for a lineman????? Yeah, you just "solidified" something alright....your and idiot. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468047)
You are dumb as ****.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers meant the Packers didn't have a a good one?

Aaron Rodgers was not the first overall pick in the draft. Nor did they give the 2cd round up in the SAME draft for Brett Favre.

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:28 PM

There would be people cheering the result if we traded Albert for a first rounder and took Joeckel and Warmack with our two first rounders.

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468093)
Uhhhh no. He simply stated that have 2 starting QBs on your roster means that you don't have a good one. He didn't clarify age or anything of that nature.

Well gee didn't know that you couldn't put 2 and 2 together to keep up with the conversation. Dumbass
You knew what I was saying. You just didn't want to hear that so you twisted it to suit yourself. Dumbass

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469331)
So did all of those guys...that's kinda my point. Geno is a better prospect than any of them were...as indicated by where they were drafted and where Geno is projected to go.

It's why "value" when talking about quarterbacks is total bullshit.

Reid had McNabb, Kolb AND Vick.

You can't tell me that getting Geno and Alex Smith is much different than that combined investment.

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Do you REALLY believe that Ted Thompson would have taken Aaron Rodgers #1 overall?

Have you been paying any attention?

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9468985)
Taking a QB in the first wound completely undermind Alex as the leader. They wont do it. Trade 34 for a QB and use our number one on a QB is not going to happen. His deal will probably get some type of extension and we will have live with it. Andy is in full win now mode not hold down the fort while this kid practices mode.

If your leader can't stand up to competition on the team, how can he stand up to competition across the ball?

I agree that Andy is in full "win-now" mode. That is the premise behind the whole OP.

After the top three or four QBs in this draft, you are looking at Stanzi like ability. Do you really think Reid would the fate of the franchise in the hands of a Dick Stanzi should ASmith get hurt?

Hate to break it to you, but Scooter Peehole is out of here.

There is a real Coach and GM running the show now.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469364)
There would be people cheering the result if we traded Albert for a first rounder and took Joeckel and Warmack with our two first rounders.

**** yeah I'd be cheering if Albert were traded for a first round pick!

Are you insane?

Mav 03-05-2013 10:32 PM

what stuns me, is that there are people here it seems that would take Geno Smith first, if he was in last years draft. He is being considered for the first pick in the draft, because there are no qbs in free agency, and the draft is littered with question marks. Im not sure if Geno Smith goes in the top 15 picks of the draft if he was in last years draft.....

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9468106)
That would be as stupid as having Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick on the same team.

Or Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson.

Or RG3 and Kirk Cousins.

What a stupid plan that would be. Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan are all idiots.

How long was Kaepernick and Smith on the same team again. The 49ers didn't want Alex Smith and Kaepernick the QBOTF, why should we? You don't invest a 2cd and 9 million for 1 QB and then invest the 1st overall in the SAME draft on the same position.
Neither Flynn or Wilson cost 9 million nor did they cost a 1st and a 2cd in the same draft.