ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ian Rapoport has some kind of Chiefs news (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270036)

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-15-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9405712)
Then you're talking an enormous outlay of cash for both players in the form of guaranteed money.

Do you think Hunt is ready to drop $50 million or more on two players this year? Furthermore, the money is STILL spread over the cap, so yes, you're essentially paying those numbers towards the cap each year.

Both Albert and Bowe will get 25m in guaranteed money.

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9405800)
Both Albert and Bowe will get 25m in guaranteed money.

What?

What makes you believe that Albert will receive a higher guaranteed portion than that of Duane Brown, who received guarantees of around $22 million in August 2012?

Brown is the best left tackle in the league, bar none. If Albert receives more than $20 million upfront, the Chiefs have overpaid.

BlackHelicopters 02-15-2013 03:50 PM

Bar none.

Direckshun 02-18-2013 03:18 AM

So...

What's the update status with Branden Albert?

I've heard rumors that the Chiefs want to ink him, and also that the Chiefs are going to let him walk.

What's the beat on ChiefsPlanet?

KCrockaholic 02-18-2013 03:22 AM

Should be getting Albert and Bowe signed soon I'd assume. And seriously the money needed for both could be gained just by restructuring Jackson to near minimum and releasing Cassel.
Pioli managed to find 2 of the worst players at their position and pay them nearly the most. He was a genius.

Mother****erJones 02-18-2013 07:07 AM

We need to pay Albert, Bowe, and Colquitt. We need to reward our players that work hard and stay clean. It will help with our other players and future free agents because theyll see we sign our vets. Unlike New England where when they get to their 2nd contract they usually let em go. The only reason they wana go there now is because of Brady.

Lzen 02-18-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405221)
Ladies and gentlemen...the single dumbest post of the offseason.

What reerun posted that?

And I refuse to judge Baldwin until we get a legit QB throwing him the ball. Plus, it will help to have a coaching staff with a clue to develop him.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9411970)
So...

What's the update status with Branden Albert?

I've heard rumors that the Chiefs want to ink him, and also that the Chiefs are going to let him walk.

What's the beat on ChiefsPlanet?

The Chiefs have been working with his agent for over 2 weeks. He passed a comprehensive physical. He's publicly stated he wants to be a Chief.

The "they are going to let him walk" sentiment is coming 100% from guys like Shawn Zobel and Matt Miller. IOW, there's zero credibility behind it.

Easy 6 02-18-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9411972)
***** managed to find 2 of the worst players at their position and pay them nearly the most. He was a genius.

Pretty sure i've never seen it put that way, **** me.

King Carl is a national friggin treasure compared to that mfer.

Rausch 02-18-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412088)
The Chiefs have been working with his agent for over 2 weeks. He passed a comprehensive physical. He's publicly stated he wants to be a Chief.

The "they are going to let him walk" sentiment is coming 100% from guys like Shawn Zobel and Matt Miller. IOW, there's zero credibility behind it.

With his back problems I'd be fine with slapping the tag on him and seeing how this year plays out...

htismaqe 02-18-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9412135)
With his back problems I'd be fine with slapping the tag on him and seeing how this year plays out...

The back problems have yet to be totally confirmed. Again, much of the fuel to that fire is coming from Inet hacks.

The only CONCRETE report we have about his back is that he passed a comprehensive physical.

Carlota69 02-18-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412161)
The back problems have yet to be totally confirmed. Again, much of the fuel to that fire is coming from Inet hacks.

The only CONCRETE report we have about his back is that he passed a comprehensive physical.

Its funny that so many people seem to skip over that info. HE PASSED THE PHYSICAL! Yet, time and time again, I see 'Experts" and CPers talking about his bad back. :rolleyes:

boogblaster 02-18-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9412082)
What reerun posted that?

And I refuse to judge Baldwin until we get a legit QB throwing him the ball. Plus, it will help to have a coaching staff with a clue to develop him.

He needs coached-up .. right now he's worthless .....

DJ's left nut 02-18-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9412133)
Pretty sure i've never seen it put that way, **** me.

King Carl is a national friggin treasure compared to that mfer.

Don't forget that he was so married to one of them that he passed on Colin Kaepernick over the wishes of his head coach and scouts, as well as Russell Wilson. All so he could keep the path the certain playing time clear for Matty.

It's virtually impossible to overstate how destructive Scott Pioli was to this franchise.

mcaj22 02-18-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9412082)
What reerun posted that?

I am really glad our first round picks are treated like raw green as grass 5th round development prospects

no really

actually kind of sad/pathetic.