ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Hobbit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252015)

otherstar 12-19-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9223696)
I've completely lost my mind.

http://i.imgur.com/c3Or5h.jpg

Gad, how I hated that instance...until I did it solo...

keg in kc 12-19-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9224620)
F2P?

I'm VIP from originally having a lifetime account, so I can play at any time I want. I just don't particularly want to start playing on level 65s with no gear.

KCUnited 12-19-2012 04:56 PM

What do you guys recommend when seeing this, 2D or 3D?

Hammock Parties 12-19-2012 07:27 PM

Well, around here 48 fps is only available in 3D.

I saw it in 24 fps 3D and it didn't bother me.

Urc Burry 12-19-2012 08:30 PM

Saw it in IMAX 3D...it looked amazing and lived up to the hype for me

KcMizzou 12-19-2012 08:43 PM

I re-watched the entire LOTR trilogy (all extended versions) over last weekend. I think Fellowship is the only one I'd watched in full since seeing them in the theater. I expected it to be a chore, and it really wasn't. I was fully entertained the entire time.

Looking forward to catching this between last minute Christmas shopping stops.

keg in kc 12-21-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ian McKellen
"One thing Middle-earth is short on is the feminine. It's a pity, because a female dwarf would have been fun. Bilbo's mother, the "famous Belladonna Took," will make a brief appearance in the extended DVD/Blu-ray edition but in the film itself, thank goodness for the ravishing re-appearance of Cate Blanchett's serene Galadriel. She is so sweet to Gandalf, countering the sinister presence of a mournful Saruman at the conference table. Actually Christopher Lee wasn't with the rest of us, filming in New Zealand. His contribution was shot back home in London and then sliced into the scene, though you can't tell, of course."

Apparently that Beladonna Took comment was in the context of favorite scenes that were cut from the film.

And oh wow, I had no idea that Lee's stuff was filmed completely apart from the rest.

Tribal Warfare 12-21-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9225922)
I re-watched the entire LOTR trilogy (all extended versions) over last weekend. I think Fellowship is the only one I'd watched in full since seeing them in the theater. I expected it to be a chore, and it really wasn't. I was fully entertained the entire time.

Looking forward to catching this between last minute Christmas shopping stops.

Damn, I have to pace myself with the 13 hours collectively that's in the Jackson LOTR series

listopencil 12-21-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9206902)
I laughed, I cried, I fist pumped for Gandalf.

Peter Jackson can do no wrong.

Hobbits really are amazing creatures.

^

I just got back from seeing it. The "normal" way and no 3D. I took the kids to Denny's for a Shire Sausage Skillet first just for the hell of it, and it was good. I just wanted to say...this is a great movie. We loved it. It doesn't drag, it's not too long, it follows the book well enough to be very true to the source material. If you didn't like it...well, **** you. You're a moron and I hate you.

Fire Me Boy! 12-22-2012 10:33 AM

2D showing in t-minus 30 minutes.

mnchiefsguy 12-22-2012 11:09 AM

Having seen it in both 2D and HFR 3-D, I can honestly say, that while the 3D was very well done, I think I enjoyed it better in 2D. The movie is just a cinematic masterpiece, and 3D enhancements, while cool to see, were not necessary. I would recommend seeing it in 2D first to get engrossed in the story, and then see it again in 3D just to enjoy the 3D experience.

Hammock Parties 12-22-2012 11:11 AM

Of course I CAN'T see it in 2D 48FPS.

Pisses me off.

mnchiefsguy 12-22-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9231622)
Of course I CAN'T see it in 2D 48FPS.

Pisses me off.

Yeah, I have not found any place that is doing that either. It is supposed to be available as 2D HFR, but it seems like every theatre that went with the HFR option wants the extra $$ the 3D ticket brings.

HC_Chief 12-22-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9230747)
^

I just got back from seeing it. The "normal" way and no 3D. I took the kids to Denny's for a Shire Sausage Skillet first just for the hell of it, and it was good. I just wanted to say...this is a great movie. We loved it. It doesn't drag, it's not too long, it follows the book well enough to be very true to the source material. If you didn't like it...well, **** you. You're a moron and I hate you.

+1 (minus the botulism, err, Denny's)

KcMizzou 12-22-2012 09:14 PM

Finally saw it today. I loved it. If you're a fan of LOTR, you'll love it. If you're not, you won't. It's really that simple.

For me, it's more time in Middle Earth, and that's a very good thing.