ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KevB 04-23-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8560947)
Did anyone else think that the one whore was going to penetrate the other whore with that stag staff?

Yes, and at this point nothing would surprise me. Is anything off limits to this show? You'd have to say no, right?

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8560972)
Yes, and at this point nothing would surprise me. Is anything off limits to this show? You'd have to say no, right?

After the hot fire chick birthed a shadow, I'd tend to agree.

KChiefer 04-23-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8560961)
There hasn't been much Jaime Lannister this season yet either. I guess with him being locked up by Robb there wouldn't be. He was a very interesting character last season, though.

Yeah, there isn't much for him to do while he's prisoner. They've actually written in several scenes with him that weren't in the book to give him more exposure.

KChiefer 04-23-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8560972)

Well in the books Sansa was stripped totally naked at court IIRC. So, yes, that's still off limits.

EDIT: Just reread it, and it wasn't totally bare, but was topless. They also took Dontos out of the scene. I wonder if we'll see him later or if they'll write him out.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8560990)
Well in the books Sansa was stripped totally naked at court IIRC. So, yes, that's still off limits.

EDIT: Just reread it, and it wasn't totally bare, but was topless. They also took Dontos out of the scene. I wonder if we'll see him later or if they'll write him out.

The girl that plays Sansa (Sophie Turner) is only 16, so not terribly shocking.

allen_kcCard 04-23-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8560990)

Wasn't he in it already? When he was drunk and they started to force more wine down him and she said something. If they were going to write him out I'd think they would do it completely.

vailpass 04-23-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8560961)
There hasn't been much Jaime Lannister this season yet either. I guess with him being locked up by Robb there wouldn't be. He was a very interesting character last season, though.

Yes, very interesting. He deserves a hand.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 02:49 PM

Careful.

Hawk 04-23-2012 02:53 PM

Since we are spoiler free, I'll just say that I don't think they would have written Dontos' scene in the first episode into the show if they didn't plan to continue with his story line.

They did have the Hound give Sansa his cloak to cover up with which is consistent with the book. They haven't done as good a job overall on the show of showing the sort of weird relationship that the Hound and Sansa develop in the books, but they do give it little bits of attention here and there. He definitely has a soft spot for her.

Hawk 04-23-2012 02:56 PM

Oh, and Jaime has little role for most of the second book because he's a prisoner, but no worries, he comes back into the story at some point.

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8561043)
Yes, very interesting. He deserves a hand.

I'm just going to have to read the books soon so I don't have to ponder what vague spoiler statements like this are supposed to mean.

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8561060)
Oh, and Jaime has little role for most of the second book because he's a prisoner, but no worries, he comes back into the story at some point.

Good, I figured that he would.

allen_kcCard 04-23-2012 03:19 PM

I'd forgotten about the rats in a bucket stuff from the book until they started doing it....made my stomach hurt.

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8561097)
I'd forgotten about the rats in a bucket stuff from the book until they started doing it....made my stomach hurt.

Takes an imagination to think up a torture method like that.

Swanman 04-23-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8561058)
Since we are spoiler free, I'll just say that I don't think they would have written Dontos' scene in the first episode into the show if they didn't plan to continue with his story line.

They did have the Hound give Sansa his cloak to cover up with which is consistent with the book. They haven't done as good a job overall on the show of showing the sort of weird relationship that the Hound and Sansa develop in the books, but they do give it little bits of attention here and there. He definitely has a soft spot for her.

If you watch very closely, you can see the Hound has a look of disgust on his face at one point while Joffrey is being Joffrey.